Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[OVH Deals] Up to 50% Off OVH Starts April 24, 2017 - Page 6
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[OVH Deals] Up to 50% Off OVH Starts April 24, 2017

Comments

• lurchlurch Member

well that was a waste of time

• BopieBopie Member

well UK deals are up however its all the same shit, the storage plan is nice if you were looking to get it before the deal but nothing worth me dropping servers i already own :( how sad OVH

• 0.99 for .com domain
    uhm, come back to Hetzner

• Nothing interesting. Move on.

• What? No more idle servers. Nice! It's the deal I think.

• TomzTomz Member

not really called deals but joke deals !!!

• Not interested in

• wlambrechtswlambrechts Member
    edited April 2017

"3 months free for every 12 month paid": would this be recurring ?

Edited: no: "Renouvellement du VPS au prix indiqué à la date de renouvellement sur le site www.ovh.com"

Pretty lame offers indeed ...

• LeonnLeonn Member

bullshit

• OVH save my day.

• stefemanstefeman Member
    edited April 2017

It's also funny how they also promise exclusive early access if you leave ur email, and I still haven't gotten the notification of their "supersale".

• sinsin Member

OVH deals are almost always trash, did anyone expect any different?

Thanked by 1Falzo
    edited April 2017

On a bright side, the Canada offers are still coming. maybe its something else?

edit: nvm, they're the same too.

• @stefeman said:
    If it's another shit deal like 120€ dedi for 90€, they probly won't even sell even 10 of them.

And worse, it was 140€ dedi for 100€ lol

• imokimok Member

@wlambrechts said:
    Probably not, I guess ...

You don't have to guess: "Renewal for the VPS will be done at the price and date indicated at www.ovh.com"

• renewal is charged at the price indicated on the renewal date on www.ovh.co.uk

• @stefeman said:
    It's also funny how they also promise exclusive early access if you leave ur email, and I still haven't gotten the notification of their "supersale".

Just received an email... basically it just links to the page ...
    Happy I'm not spending any more money today ....

edited April 2017

Go to twitter and show ur disapointments by typing something in #OVHDeals which they are following right now after spamming it for 3 days on multiple handles.

Thanked by 1Hybrid
  • trash deals they are a one time deal and after it time to renewal its at what ever price it is

• Is today April Fools at OVH?

• its not really a deal after this month is set at the deal and next moth goes up to full cost

• ihadpihadp Member

So...is the 30% off the storage server a one time discount or a recurring? I read the terms and they are about clear as mud..

• boerndboernd Member
    edited April 2017

Got a FS-12T for one year.

The discount is first order not first month, so if you pay for 12 months you will get the discount for 12 months.

• tweet to the founder of ovh octave klaba / oles they are a joke

• lurchlurch Member
    edited April 2017

@ihadp said:
    So...is the 30% off the storage server a one time discount or a recurring? I read the terms and they are about clear as mud..

Looks like it's on your first subscription only you can change the 'load rental period' value to 1 year payment and you will get the discount for that after 1 year it's normal price.

• @ihadp said:

Basically they say that the discount price lasts for x amount of days, and possible renewal prices are the prices on the OVH website at the date of renewal.. In simple terms, no it's not re-occuring discount. If you order the server for a year, you might find it useful but anyone else renting month by month, it's completely useless offer.

• lurchlurch Member
    edited April 2017

Think they meant to use this gif

Thanked by 2fLoo RonalBarbaren
  • @wlambrechts said:

Edited: no: "Renouvellement du VPS au prix indiqué à la date de renouvellement sur le site www.ovh.com"

No. that's just their bad english.

It's really amazing that no matter on whichever localised portal you are (german, english) within the first 2 links you click you will ALWAYS find stuff that is either french (sometimes sections in the middle of translated text) or stuff that is translated so badly that you really need to know french to understand what they are talking about.

It is really a mystery to me how a company that obviously has so much trouble with international languages could manage to expand into the world so successfully.

Heck, even parts of their Javascripts (variables) are french!