Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[OVH Deals] Up to 50% Off OVH Starts April 24, 2017 - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[OVH Deals] Up to 50% Off OVH Starts April 24, 2017

Comments

• ovh.ie page: https://www.ovh.ie/ovh-deals/

Says 90% off on products.

Thanked by 1ljseals
  • K4Y5K4Y5 Member

@MrKaruppu said:
    ovh.ie page: https://www.ovh.ie/ovh-deals/

Says UP TO 90% off on products.

Fixed it for you.

Thanked by 1Issam2204
  • @K4Y5 said:

@MrKaruppu said:
    ovh.ie page: https://www.ovh.ie/ovh-deals/

Says UP TO 90% off on products.

Fixed it for you.

Thanks!

• Tomz said:

could someone confirm it's recurring 50% off , or just first month?

Nobody knows! Some of us were around last November when they did something similar, but there's no guarantee it will be the same thing this time.

What I remember from last year: 1) VPS were 50% off, non-recurring. 2) Dedis had recurring discounts but I don't remember any being 50% off. Maybe 25%. There are some old LET threads you might be able to find, about what people bought at the time. I got a VPS for $1.75 that was already a good deal at the normal $3.50 price, so I'm happy even though it's non-recurring. If I was using it much I'd happily renew at the higher price. As it is, I still might.

• stefemanstefeman Member
    edited April 2017

Well, everyone knows that they have a lot of legacy servers stacking up that barely sell on their website compared to their new v6 lineups.. Instead of moving those down to SoYouStart/Kimsufi, we might see shit tons of legacy servers on sale for low prices.. All I hope is that, they are recurring discounts.

• I think I might be poorer after this.

I am stupid enough to renew 3xKimSufi and 2xSoYouStart servers for 3 months recently :-(

I think I will patiently renew servers on monthly basis from now on :-(

• K4Y5K4Y5 Member

@nhocconan said:
    I think I might be poorer after this.

I am stupid enough to renew 3xKimSufi and 2xSoYouStart servers for 3 months recently :-(

I learnt my lesson right after the KS-2e flash sale was followed by the KS-3c flash sale last year, when I had foolishly bought a bunch of KS-2e servers on a semi-annual billing cycle.

At the end of the day, it is a lesson that you will learn from and never forget :P

• BopieBopie Member

@stefeman said:
    Well, everyone knows that they have a lot of legacy servers stacking up that barely sell on their website compared to their new v6 lineups.. Instead of moving those down to SoYouStart/Kimsufi, we might see shit tons of legacy servers on sale for low prices.. All I hope is that, they are recurring discounts.

This is nto always a bad thing as there are benefits to getting them from OVH and not SYS or KS, however, i have been looking to see if they had filtered any new servers down to these companies and im shocked they have not so far, I reckon maybe a 35% discount at max on Dedis but hey if your in the market for a dedi and they are giving discounts suppose its good for you.

• sonicsonic Veteran

@nhocconan said:

How did you register account? There is no option to choose country.

• vmhausvmhaus Member, Top Host, Host Rep

I wonder how will they cope with the sudden increase in sales, their RIPE ip blocks are exhausted. Failed to order any ips from them since a week ago. Kept telling me to try again in 72hours. :)

edited April 2017

@Bopie said:

@stefeman said:

This is nto always a bad thing as there are benefits to getting them from OVH and not SYS or KS, however, i have been looking to see if they had filtered any new servers down to these companies and im shocked they have not so far, I reckon maybe a 35% discount at max on Dedis but hey if your in the market for a dedi and they are giving discounts suppose its good for you.

I'm looking at the 40-55€ range.. Hopefully getting similar deal as the OVH DE (E5-1620 with 64 GB DDR3 and 4x2TB drives for 45€) If it's any worse than this https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/91784/limited-special-dedicated-at-ovh-de/p1 I'll pass and stick with my Poland Discovery server.

At minium I'm expecting to see something like this: https://www.ovh.de/dedicated_server/bare-metal-servers/sp-64-d.xml if they are gonna list legacy servers for sale..

Thanked by 1HyperSpeed
  • Leggo, hopefully something with lots of disks... would do nicely. But they'll probably
    Limit the connections to 250mbps.

edited April 2017

@HyperSpeed said:
    Leggo, hopefully something with lots of disks... would do nicely. But they'll probably

It's only guaranteed share though.. I can get solid 900/900 Mbps with the poland server even though it's officially only 250Mbps. On peak times it drops all the way down to 650/300 Mbps

• @stefeman said:

@HyperSpeed said:
    Leggo, hopefully something with lots of disks... would do nicely. But they'll probably

It's only guaranteed share though.. I can get solid 900/900 Mbps with the poland server even though it's officially only 250Mbps. On peak times it drops all the way down to 650/300 Mbps

Yeah think that's fine but the DE servers they flogged (as I have one) is bricked solid to 250Mbps, it's impossible to go higher out of peak times, unfortunately.

• saf31saf31 Member

our current situation . . .

• @saf31 said:
    our current situation . . .

Still worth it.. xD

Thanked by 2saf31 imok
  • RizRiz Member

@WHT said:
    Like always one time discount.

Again..

@Riz said:

@FredQc said:
    Not recurring as always.

Where do you see this mentioned? I wouldn't say always, there last black Friday deal had a good amount of discounted dedicated machines that were reoccurring.

• @sonic said:

@nhocconan said:

How did you register account? There is no option to choose country.

I did not register a new one since I already had account with their .ie and .com brands. I did try their VPS and public cloud previously and currently have servers there. I remember everytime I registered a new account at each brand, they did require verification by sending my ID.

• I'd really like to see 50% recurring on hosted Exchange. Missed that last November :-(

I would immediately switch to OVH then with some...

• @nhocconan said:

I did not register a new one since I already had account with their .ie and .com brands. I did try their VPS and public cloud previously and currently have servers there. I remember everytime I registered a new account at each brand, they did require verification by sending my ID.

You mean the different country sites: ovh.com / ovh.de / ovh.ie etc... have seperate ID ranges? Really?
    So you can not order on ovh.ie with a .de account?
    Then I might prepare myself an account for each branch... you never know...

• @southy said:

@nhocconan said:

You mean the different country sites: ovh.com / ovh.de / ovh.ie etc... have seperate ID ranges? Really?
    So you can not order on ovh.ie with a .de account?
    Then I might prepare myself an account for each branch... you never know...

Yes, it is true that you will need to be verified for each of their brands. I questioned them several years ago regarding this and they told that each brand has different staffs to take care of verification. However, you can simply send one ID with same watermark for every verification requests.

Thanked by 1southy
  • YuraYura Member

What are price/tax/support differences between their sites, if any?

• @sonic said:
    How to register OVH account if i am from Asia

http://ovh.ie/ or https://www.ovh.com/us/ both take international registrations

Thanked by 1sonic
  • thanks, I was going to purchase another ssd vps from ovh in an hour

• Has there been any indication regarding where the offers will be published, or at what time tomorrow or if they will be only available in limited quantities?

• I would assume on those links in the op. They had a countdown on that page.

@southy said:
    Has there been any indication regarding where the offers will be published, or at what time tomorrow or if they will be only available in limited quantities?

• @Michael_NewEra said:
    I would assume on those links in the op. They had a countdown on that page.

Oh, right. Thanks.

Btw.: different from the others, the german page actually also lists an end-date: 2. may.

• If it's another shit deal like 120€ dedi for 90€, they probly won't even sell even 10 of them.

Thanked by 2Falzo southy
  • Well, in November they did have both: interesting and no so interesting stuff.
    So let's wait and see...

• If they sell 120€ server for 10€, I will buy all! All!