Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[SOLD OUT] Oneprovider - Europe i3-530 2x1000GB RAID, 4GB RAM, 1gbps port @ 10 Euros a month - Page 22
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[SOLD OUT] Oneprovider - Europe i3-530 2x1000GB RAID, 4GB RAM, 1gbps port @ 10 Euros a month

Comments

• Anyone else not provisioned yet? Feeling quite lonely here.
    Say, is it better to have no server or have one stuck in reinstall on RAID change?

I wonder if these issues you guys are reporting are unique to the 10 euro box or will it apply to everything OneProvider provides

• WSSWSS Member

@caracal They've likely got that name because only one machine works at a time. It's an elaborate timeslice setup.

Thanked by 2sin caracal
  • sinsin Member

Hadriel said: I have always considered them, but do they have a rescue mode that is automatic?

They have a custom control panel that allows you to do reinstalls and one of the reinstall options is a GRML Rescue Boot that will boot you into GRML which is great because I use that to start up a KVM and do a custom OS install over VNC.

• MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

caracal said: Anyone else not provisioned yet? Feeling quite lonely here.

Still waiting here too.

Why is everyone reinstalling OSes? Are they not setting them up with RAID initially or something? Or is everyone just wanting a different OS than they had a template option for?

• HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

@MasonR said:
    Why is everyone reinstalling OSes? Are they not setting them up with RAID initially or something? Or is everyone just wanting a different OS than they had a template option for?

Mine came with Debian 8 in RAID 1. That's what I was going for, so I just kept it as-is. Based on the issues people are having, I doubt I'd attempt a reinstall - at least not until everyone is sorted and their support isn't bombarded.

Thanked by 1MasonR
  • No idea if it is just the 10 euro box but I can even launch the vm console in the IDrac. I refuse to the virus known as Windows and this is pissing me off now.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • Mine is still offline.

• Finally got the drac running right now I can not attach an iso FFS this is getting ridiculous. Yes I know how to do it just will not let me do it.

• So despite having little done to it other than being secured and having Webmin/Transmission installed my server started throwing up all sorts of segmentation and bus errors overnight... I'm not sure how trusting I feel about these servers. Might not let my trusty SC go just yet.

• WSSWSS Member

Please update the page, the session can take up to 2 minutes to be created

OK, it's time to sever. I'll start with their tendons.

• WSSWSS Member

YOU HAVE SUCCESSFULLY REQUESTED A CANCELLATION ON YOUR SERVER.

Thanked by 1caracal
  • @WSS said:

Guess I'll get a server soon

• WSSWSS Member

@caracal said:

@WSS said:

Guess I'll get a server soon

Sure, but you can't get it to boot.

• S3phyS3phy Member

@AuroraZ said:
    Finally got the drac running right now I can not attach an iso FFS this is getting ridiculous. Yes I know how to do it just will not let me do it.

Yeah, my IDRAC was configured like that as well. I decided to break the rules slightly and activate the ISO attaching. You can find it in IDRAC settings while booting. Virtual CD or something like that.

But as was pointed out, the session tends to kill itself every ~20 minutes. Good luck having the ISO loaded + OS installed in that time.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • WSSWSS Member

I have to assume their proxying of Online services is somewhat limited.

• vimalwarevimalware Member
    edited April 2017

@S3phy said:

@AuroraZ said:

and activate the ISO attaching. You can find it in IDRAC settings while booting. Virtual CD or something like that.

But as was pointed out, the session tends to kill itself every ~20 minutes. Good luck having the ISO loaded + OS installed in that time.

Do you have read access to online.net's ISO NAS? you could try that on the off-chance it works.

Thanked by 1S3phy
  • @WSS said:
    I have to assume their proxying of Online services is somewhat limited.

I'd agree with that statement. My dedi has been blocked for over 30 hours now and on-site team was going to resolve my issue shortly (7 hours ago).

• S3phyS3phy Member

@vimalware said:

@S3phy said:

@AuroraZ said:

and activate the ISO attaching. You can find it in IDRAC settings while booting. Virtual CD or something like that.

Do you have read access to online.net's ISO NAS? you could try that on the off-chance it works.

Alright, just checked. I can't find an option to mount an ISO from the NAS, nor from an url.

I checked Online.net's guide just to be sure, and they don't mention mounting a "remote" iso other than one on your PC. For other IDRAC, ILO and XC models they have a guide on using the NAS.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • Got mine just 9 hours ago and directly switched to raid0 (took 3 minutes), then reinstalled the whole thing with Debian 8 (took 30 minutes). The harddrives are almost 6 years old, but they only have 13 power cycles and look fine. Looks like an ok'ish server more or less, lets see how it works out in terms of bandwidth usage.

• chrisp said: raid0 ...The harddrives are almost 6 years old,

Yikes, you are brave. I'd set it up as no raid, 2 separate drives/filesystems, so transfer speed is a little slower but who cares since it will be much faster than the network. That way you can mirror important stuff on both drives (or have a raid-1 region) and if one fails the other still works.

OVH Cloud Archive is looking good for cheap long-term backup space. I haven't tried it yet though.

• Trying to get proxmox up and running on mine. No luck thus far, kind of nutty really. Thank You @S3phy for the tip. Got it to boot the iso but will see what else I can do here.

• Ubuntu 16.04 stuck on reinstall with RAID1 for 12+ hours too, opened another ticket. Starting to lose hope I can get anything installed before the holidays.

• The support had to rebuilt my raid controller 5 times before it worked.
    Now i can reinstall Debian 8 with RAID1 without any problems.

Which user did you use while installation? They said that i used a system reserved user, thats the reason why it stucked.

• Gosh darn it. Server again unresponsive. No SSH, everything bar Apache not responding. It was only up for blasted 5 hours. Time to try a reinstall I guess.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

I dont know if they troll, they tell me they requested a Hardware reset because it stucks.

And then I get told, its installed, I tried to ping it but its dead.

Thanked by 2WSS netomx
  • So under "Health Check" panel, I get an IP for my pending server. It still reverses to some other company so I guess I'll just watch that space.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

caracal said: reverses to some other company

Not poneytelecom.eu by any chance? If so then that's just Online.net's internal rDNS name.

Thanked by 3caracal WSS vimalware
  • @rm_ said:

Not poneytelecom.eu by any chance? If so then that's just Online.net's internal rDNS name.

Yeah it isn't.. It's a .br company.

• WSSWSS Member
    edited April 2017

@caracal said:k

@rm_ said:

Yeah it isn't.. It's a .br company.

That reminds me - mine had every some unused mail domain that was never launched. However, it was obviously used for something cuz I got quite a traffic for the few minutes it worked.

• @WSS said:
    That reminds me - mine had every some unused mail domain that was never launched. However, it was obviously used for something cuz I got quite a traffic for the few minutes it worked.

Free SEO