Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[SOLD OUT] Oneprovider - Europe i3-530 2x1000GB RAID, 4GB RAM, 1gbps port @ 10 Euros a month - Page 21
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[SOLD OUT] Oneprovider - Europe i3-530 2x1000GB RAID, 4GB RAM, 1gbps port @ 10 Euros a month

Comments

• vishvish Member

@WSS said:
    Welp...

Good things comes to those who wait bitch moan and whine!

Thanked by 1netomx
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Raid works now, but Rescue modus is broken, prem.

• Still not got mine either. I wonder if it'll actually come this month...

• WSSWSS Member

@vish They're going to EARN their #10/mo from my two support tickets!

@Neoon said:
    Raid works now, but Rescue modus is broken, prem.

Sounds like you got mine.

@iamthepizza said:
    Still not got mine either. I wonder if it'll actually come this month...

If not, maybe you will!

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @itsnotv said:

@caracal said:

That being said, I've witnessed a whole life cycle of a fly while waiting for provision.

So ubuntu 16.04 is back on the reinstall panel.. does it still take ages?

Does ubuntu 16.04 reinstall from panel work now, my server used to get stuck when I tried a week back. Cent OS works without any issues.

Ubuntu 16.04 with NORAID was stuck for 12+ hours, opened a ticket and the process was cancelled with the message "we have some issues with Ubuntu in no raid". I set it back to RAID1 and started reinstalling 16.04, been at it for about 4 hours now...

• WSSWSS Member

...and the moment I got iDRAC to eat my netboot iso so I could iPXE myself through this 10 year old hardware, it goes completely offline. Wunderbar.

Sounds like, just keep it Raid 1, dont touch it.

Otherwise you be fucked.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • Wubalubadubdub!!

• WSSWSS Member

This shit is as stable as a millenial during the Trump administration.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @shitposter said:

@itsnotv said:

@caracal said:

That being said, I've witnessed a whole life cycle of a fly while waiting for provision.

So ubuntu 16.04 is back on the reinstall panel.. does it still take ages?

Does ubuntu 16.04 reinstall from panel work now, my server used to get stuck when I tried a week back. Cent OS works without any issues.

Ubuntu 16.04 with NORAID was stuck for 12+ hours, opened a ticket and the process was cancelled with the message "we have some issues with Ubuntu in no raid". I set it back to RAID1 and started reinstalling 16.04, been at it for about 4 hours now...

Ubuntu 16.04 RAID0 is working ...

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited April 2017

WSS said: This shit is as stable as a millenial during the Trump administration.

Sounds perfect for a new LET start up provider.

Thanked by 2netomx sin
  • WSSWSS Member

@Lee said:

WSS said: This shit is as stable as a millenial during the Trump administration.

Sounds perfect for a new LET start up provider.

Prices are too high for that. $3/yr colo.

• WSSWSS Member

I've wasted more time in two days than it was worth trying to help someone save a buck. Live with CPanel, guys, 'cuz I'm done.

• @WSS said:
    ...and the moment I got iDRAC to eat my netboot iso so I could iPXE myself through this 10 year old hardware, it goes completely offline. Wunderbar.

I wonder if the switch blocked your port too.

Meh, dont even try to change to Rescue mode, if you try to reinstall your server afterwards.

It bricks also....

• Someone needs to a compile of a list of don'ts for this server offering...

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • WSSWSS Member

..makes you wonder why someone would spend so much time and resources adding a wrapper around online.net.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • So, after reading all your comments here, I feel that those Kimsufis are not bad after all! ;-)

Thanked by 3netomx vimalware tux
  • WSSWSS Member
    edited April 2017

@FredQc said:
    So, after reading all your comments here, I feel that those Kimsufis are not bad after all! ;-)

I regret I have but one KS-1 left. They're hella useful by comparison!

• WarcomWarcom Member
    edited April 2017

IDRAC always caused issues, I had a very bad experience with redstation and their dell shitty hardware, and this one is only one more example of how bad dell hardware is , those who we ordered the promotion in first place, got the same I3 configuration with ILO/HP instead, which hasn't been causing too many issues compared to IDRAC

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@Warcom said:
    IDRAC always caused issues, I had a very bad experience with redstation and their dell shitty hardware, and this one is only one more example of how bad dell hardware is , those who we ordered the promotion in first place, got the same I3 configuration with ILO/HP instead, which hasn't been causing too many issues compared to IDRAC

On the contraty, I hate iLO... IDRAC, with some tweaks, works fine por me

• NekkiNekki Veteran

IPMI-enabled!

Well, when I say enabled, a nice picture/link appeared on the server management page for IPMI, but it's not selectable....

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @Nekki said:
    Well, when I say enabled, a nice picture/link appeared on the server management page for IPMI, but it's not selectable....

You should be familiar with the phrase, "Look but no touching"

Thanked by 1netomx
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

ThracianDog said: You should be familiar with the phrase, "Look but no touching"

TBF, I'm more familiar with the phrase 'Sir, put your trousers back on and step away from the frightened animal'.

• sinsin Member

@FredQc said:
    So, after reading all your comments here, I feel that those Kimsufis are not bad after all! ;-)

I stick to my Worldstream dedis :) Sure I gotta pay semi-annually to get the cheap prices but the hardware works and the reinstalls + GRML for my custom OS installs work too and I love it.

• sin said: semi-annually

You get a $4.20 discount if you pay annually for the non-clearance models. For the cheaper ones that makes a significant difference.

Thanked by 1sin
  • sinsin Member
    edited April 2017

willie said: You get a $4.20 discount if you pay annually for the non-clearance models. For the cheaper ones that makes a significant difference.

Yup! I plan on doing the annual payment for my next server there. Right now I just have the "special deal" servers which only do the 6 month payments but those Custom servers are cheap and the annual payment brings off a lot too.

The remote reinstall/reboot option is now free too so that helps.

• SetsuraSetsura Member
    edited April 2017

@WSS said:

Yeah the iDRAC on this is not friendly at all. It kills itself every like 20 mins or so when using it for me. Loading an ISO over virtual media is obviously impossible. Also that is besides the fact it is ass slow even when it works. I basically just decided to put the bitch into rescue mode and qemu install my OS, that wasn't super fun either since it ran out of ram one time in the middle and killed itself. In the end I got what I wanted though, which was an install with NORAID and not using their shitty OS templates. Honestly I can only suggest everyone else who doesn't want their OS template to just skip trying anything with the iDRAC and just qemu it.

Thanked by 1WSS
  • WSSWSS Member

Sadly, I almost QEMU'd it, but said "I'm not going to halfass this (for someone else's setup)."

• @sin said:

willie said: You get a $4.20 discount if you pay annually for the non-clearance models. For the cheaper ones that makes a significant difference.

Yup! I plan on doing the annual payment for my next server there. Right now I just have the "special deal" servers which only do the 6 month payments but those Custom servers are cheap and the annual payment brings off a lot too.

The remote reinstall/reboot option is now free too so that helps.

I have always considered them, but do they have a rescue mode that is automatic?