Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[SOLD OUT] Oneprovider - Europe i3-530 2x1000GB RAID, 4GB RAM, 1gbps port @ 10 Euros a month - Page 19
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[SOLD OUT] Oneprovider - Europe i3-530 2x1000GB RAID, 4GB RAM, 1gbps port @ 10 Euros a month

Comments

• LeeLee Veteran

WSS said: Oh, and there's still a 'dedibox' user in the iDRAC- I wonder how many rentals ago that was in use.

Burn it or turn it over to a botnet, looks like the only two options.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • WSSWSS Member

@Lee said:

WSS said: Oh, and there's still a 'dedibox' user in the iDRAC- I wonder how many rentals ago that was in use.

Burn it or turn it over to a botnet, looks like the only two options.

I feel sorry for whoever gets this turd next.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • i have no use for this server, I think i will just cancel it

• BG32BG32 Member

@didtav said:
    i have no use for this server, I think i will just cancel it

Please do, it will most likely coincide with me receiving my server

• didtavdidtav Member
    edited April 2017

@BG32 said:

@didtav said:
    i have no use for this server, I think i will just cancel it

Please do, it will most likely coincide with me receiving my server

already did bro

it doesn't support what I intended it to do anyway

Thanked by 1BG32
  • WSSWSS Member

@didtav said:

Work?

Thanked by 1netomx
  • BG32BG32 Member
    edited April 2017

@WSS said:

@didtav said:

Work?

Hosting animal pr0n

Thanked by 1sipe
  • WSSWSS Member

@BG32 said:
    Hosting animal pr0n

Watching flies screwing isn't that far off from my experience so far with this getup.

Thanked by 2AuroraZ netomx
  • @WSS said:

@BG32 said:
    Hosting animal pr0n

Watching flies screwing isn't that far off from my experience so far with this getup.

That being said, I've witnessed a whole life cycle of a fly while waiting for provision.

So ubuntu 16.04 is back on the reinstall panel.. does it still take ages?

Thanked by 1netomx
  • WSSWSS Member

@caracal said:
    So ubuntu 16.04 is back on the reinstall panel.. does it still take ages?

Beats me. I'm trying to get them to see why iDRAC is misbehaving. It's throwing RAM warnings and the controller doesn't like at least one drive. Well, I was a few hours ago. Right now it's on my "any more shit and you're cut" list, so I'm ignoring it.

• They've moved me from the 100Mbps port to one with a very low port activity, 0. Reboot didn't do anything and I don't want to pull a @WSS and asks for iDRAC access. Waiting about 3 hours now for support.

• Man I must be charmed or something, First the server's IPMI was down and they fixed it. Then they gave me my 1 gbps port, and IPv6 for it. I have not had near the problems with them you guys have had. Maybe I need to start a service to work as a go between for you guys or something.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • WSSWSS Member

@ThracianDog said:
    They've moved me from the 100Mbps port to one with a very low port activity, 0. Reboot didn't do anything and I don't want to pull a @WSS and asks for iDRAC access. Waiting about 3 hours now for support.

Why not? Don't want to see just how broken it is?

• @WSS said:

@ThracianDog said:
    They've moved me from the 100Mbps port to one with a very low port activity, 0. Reboot didn't do anything and I don't want to pull a @WSS and asks for iDRAC access. Waiting about 3 hours now for support.

Why not? Don't want to see just how broken it is?

You are confusing "features" with "being broken".

• I don't want to deal with a downed IPMI like @AuroraZ either. That's going to be another ticket.

• WSSWSS Member

@maldovia said:
    You are confusing "features" with "being broken".

This 530 is full of features.

• kingjjkingjj Member
    edited April 2017

FINALLY got mine. i3-540 with 8gigs ram and it appears 1 gig connection. Of course it couldn't be delivered overnight when I was at work and had hours of downtime to play...
    44372 hours (5.065 years) and 43574 hours (4.97 years) respectively on each drive.

But enough whinging! Can't complain much for a 10 euro server.

• Still no delivery day 2994923000199399303030029399493923939339393.

• Reinstalling 16.04 with noraid, 10 hours and counting...

• @shitposter said:
    Reinstalling 16.04 with noraid, 10 hours and counting...

It won't work with noraid, you should use RAID 0.

• @ServerXZ said:

@shitposter said:

Well shit, why offer it then?

• drivexdrivex Member
    edited April 2017

@shitposter said:

@ServerXZ said:

@shitposter said:

Well shit, why offer it then?

I don't know, but someone else mentioned it already in this thread. Also Debian 8 don't work, because the system only adds a user account without sudo rights and root is disabled :/

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • lurchlurch Member

@ServerXZ I reinstalled debian 8 last night and it worked fine as was able to login using the details I set in the reinstall page and after logging in just did an su and used the same password.

Thanked by 2vimalware drivex
  • LeeLee Veteran

We must be reaching the point of a class action?

• @Lee said:
    We must be reaching the point of a class action?

I nearly posted this a week ago

• @lurch said:
    @ServerXZ I reinstalled debian 8 last night and it worked fine as was able to login using the details I set in the reinstall page and after logging in just did an su and used the same password.

Well, glad to hear. Then they fixed it finally.

• @WSS said:

@didtav said:

Work?

G.A.M.E

it been canceled now, I wonder who is the lucky person who gets my server :D

• pavanpavan Member

@didtav said:

@WSS said:

@didtav said:

Work?

G.A.M.E

it been canceled now, I wonder who is the lucky person who gets my server :D

I would like to take it if still available

• Got mine. I was able to install Server 2016 using both Raid 1 and No Raid. It was sort of funky though.

I first switched the RAID mode to none and that forced a reboot. I then put it in rescue mode but got no credentials. So I had to put the server back into normal boot, and do a reinstall. I used Ubuntu 12.04. Once that was done with the install, I did rescue mode again, using Ubuntu 12.04. This time credentials were available. After lsblk I saw the drives were listed as sda/b and did a Windows template install. After setting back to normal boot it came up without issue.

Drives are 46,100 and 48,500 power on hours. Speeds have been about 800 down, and 500 up pretty consistently.

• Hoping to be provisioned today.. How are everyone testing their drives? Will it work with the raid card?