Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[SOLD OUT] Oneprovider - Europe i3-530 2x1000GB RAID, 4GB RAM, 1gbps port @ 10 Euros a month - Page 17
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[SOLD OUT] Oneprovider - Europe i3-530 2x1000GB RAID, 4GB RAM, 1gbps port @ 10 Euros a month

Comments

• WSSWSS Member

@Nekki said:
    I fucked him then ate him, as part of a Faustian ritual to become him. Now WE are Nekki.

Who is going to break it to @cocoiu

• @maxwell said:

@BG32 said:
    Who here has the nuts to own up to using a cache link and have got their server?

Me

Be ready for the worst scenario where they refund your money.

• BG32BG32 Member

@sibaper said:

@maxwell said:

@BG32 said:
    Who here has the nuts to own up to using a cache link and have got their server?

Me

Had a chat to them, by the looks of things they aint gonna do that, theyre gonna hold my money and give me the next available server. fml

• WSSWSS Member

@BG32 said:

@sibaper said:

@maxwell said:

@BG32 said:

Me

Had a chat to them, by the looks of things they aint gonna do that, theyre gonna hold my money and give me the next available server. fml

Good luck.

• WSSWSS Member

@Nekki said:
    I fucked him then ate him, as part of a Faustian ritual to become him. Now WE are Nekki.

!XDCC LIST

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@BG32 said:

@sibaper said:

@maxwell said:

@BG32 said:

Me

So they key to delivery is to beg support for a server?

I'm going to leave mine pending and if it's not delivered by the renewal date I'm going to chargeback the cunts.

• WSSWSS Member

@Nekki said:
    So they key to delivery is to beg support for a server?

I'm going to leave mine pending and if it's not delivered by the renewal date I'm going to chargeback the cunts.

My gentle prompting tickets didn't work until I suggested I was going to cancel my order- at which time they said they didn't have the time to provision the shitty hosts. Then, I got the baseline for their offer.. it doesn't even have a HW RAID- but that's fine. It'll do for what I speced it.

• HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

@Nekki said:

I think this could also deserve a couple threads that rank high in Google for certain OneProvider-related searches. Will see what happens with delivery first though...

• So finally received 2nd server that i order. Again 4GB and i3-540. One hdd got 42k hours, another one got 51k hours.

• @WSS said:
    Then, I got the baseline for their offer.. it doesn't even have a HW RAID- but that's fine. It'll do for what I speced it.

Sounds like what I need. NO hwRAID .

What did you get chip-wise?

• WSSWSS Member

@vimalware said:

@WSS said:
    Then, I got the baseline for their offer.. it doesn't even have a HW RAID- but that's fine. It'll do for what I speced it.

Sounds like what I need. NO hwRAID .

What did you get chip-wise?

Precisely what was initially stated.. an I3-530. I figured due to their inability to deliver on time, that I'd get something beyond a slight bump on the payment date (to rebill 30 days after actual delivery), but nope.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • WSSWSS Member
    edited April 2017

Also, when you click IPMI, you get to open a ticket with their system, and you're greeted with this happy horseshit:

Don't change BIOS, RAID, IDRAC, ILO configuration! Any change on these parameters will cause irreversible damage on your server. According our terms of sale, you will lose monitoring and assistance in case of modification. **In addition, these modifications are to be regarded as intended damage and a $50.00 USD fee will be charged.** [Checkbawx] I understand that by checking this field that I take all responsibility for any changes made that may cause irreversible damage on my server.
  • I got a message like that when connecting to the idrac of my online.net server. Don't remember about a $50 charge but they were emphatic about not messing with the settings.

• WSSWSS Member

@willie Where'd you find your settings?

• FYI, centos reinstall only toke about 10 min.

• Looks like I have a hostname now, but state is still 'pending delivery'.

Interesting.

• sinsin Member

WSS said: Also, when you click IPMI, you get to open a ticket with their system, and you're greeted with this happy horseshit

That's the same thing you get on Online.net servers and these are just resold Online.net

Thanked by 1WSS
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@vimalware said:
    Looks like I have a hostname now, but state is still 'pending delivery'.

Interesting.

• MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

vimalware said: Looks like I have a hostname now, but state is still 'pending delivery'.

Interesting.

I've had a hostname since I first put in the order (4/5) and am still pending delivery. Hopefully in your case since the hostname was just added, they're currently working on provisioning your server.

Thanked by 3vimalware WSS Harambe
  • WSSWSS Member

@vimalware said:

That doesn't mean anything. I had a hostname on the same day I placed the order.

@MasonR said:
    I've had a hostname since I first put in the order (4/5) and am still pending delivery. Hopefully in your case since the hostname was just added, they're currently working on provisioning your server.

Yup.

• WSS said:

@willie Where'd you find your settings?

For the Idrac? It was in the Online console someplace. This was a regular Online server, not Oneprovider.

• @WSS said:

@vimalware said:

That doesn't mean anything. I had a hostname on the same day I placed the order.

@MasonR said:

Yup.

I have a username now! "root/oneprovider" and hostname since 4/4. something's happening, maybe

• WSSWSS Member

@willie said:
    For the Idrac? It was in the Online console someplace. This was a regular Online server, not Oneprovider.

Oh. Shoot. Guess I'll just sit and wait patiently for them to blow off my ticket since I can request an OS reinstall from the panel- even though I intend to run an OS they don't offer.

@caracal said:
    I have a username now! "root/oneprovider" and hostname since 4/4. something's happening, maybe

Speaking of, don't forget to null their user password after you login. :D

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

caracal said: I have a username now! "root/oneprovider" and hostname since 4/4. something's happening, maybe

Well did you try pinging the hostname? And SSH with those credentials?

• @rm_ said:

caracal said: I have a username now! "root/oneprovider" and hostname since 4/4. something's happening, maybe

My hostname is not resolving to anything.

• WSSWSS Member

@Hadriel said:

That's because they don't know what your IP will be yet. No, I'm not kidding.

• caracalcaracal Member
    edited April 2017

@Hadriel said:

@rm_ said:

Yep, doesn't ping/resolve.. Also pretty sure I also got a new hostname since 4/4.

• NihimNihim Member

I think the hostname gets assigned after you pay successfully at least in my case that is what happened, or it gets assigned automagically after a short period of time. It's on pending since then.

• HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

Alright, no more bitching from me. Mine just arrived. i3-540/8GB with a pair of 6 year old RE4's.

Thanked by 1MasonR
  • MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

@Harambe said:
    Alright, no more bitching from me. Mine just arrived. i3-540/8GB with a pair of 6 year old RE4's.

As long as they keep trickling out, I'm content with waiting. And as long as I don't get an email saying "Whoops! We're out of stock, sorry for your luck! :)", it'll still be worth it. Note to others: keep posting when you finally receive your server so I know all hope is not lost.

Thanked by 1Harambe