Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

online.net kidechire EOL - Page 7
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

online.net kidechire EOL

Comments

• @WSS said:
    If you really want one back, it looks like OneProvider is still reselling them.

In that price range, I think a KS-1 would be a much better choice.

• WSSWSS Member

@Hooligan said:

@WSS said:
    If you really want one back, it looks like OneProvider is still reselling them.

In that price range, I think a KS-1 would be a much better choice.

Agreed. Plus, it's not that hard to get OpenBSD running on a KS-1. :D

• So if I've understood correctly, I can just let the kidéchire expire on the first of June, and I won't get automatically billed for any replacement servers?

• @Anon111234 said:
    So if I've understood correctly, I can just let the kidéchire expire on the first of June, and I won't get automatically billed for any replacement servers?

That would appear to be the case. I've opened a ticket asking what offer they can give me to replace mine.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

Too sad, I also receive that email.

• Got my email today. I put in a support ticket to see if the IP can be moved or used as a fail over for a XC deal I had. Their response was "It is unfortunetly not possible to keep the IP."

• Got it too... sad day indeed.

• Got the dreaded email, decided to give the SC a go anyway. I have two Kidéchires, so will probably consolidate down to one with the extra disk.

Any idea how long the seedbox install takes to run? Let it go for 90 minutes and it did not finish.

• SetsuraSetsura Member
    edited April 2017

Mine is finally on the chopping block too. Guess I'll just go open a ticket with lots of French profanities. The benefits of taking high school French.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

Monsta_AU said:

Any idea how long the seedbox install takes to run? Let it go for 90 minutes and it did not finish.

Maybe you got one with the bad disk speeds. If the install ever finishes check your disk with dd bs=1M count=512 if=/dev/zero of=/root/test conv=fdatasync; rm /root/test. Some servers have it as low as 5 MB/sec.

• @rm_ said:
    Maybe you got one with the bad disk speeds. If the install ever finishes check your disk with dd bs=1M count=512 if=/dev/zero of=/root/test conv=fdatasync; rm /root/test. Some servers have it as low as 5 MB/sec.

No, it didn't finish at all. Trying a basic Ubunter server install now, if that fails I will demand a working server.

• imchandaveimchandave Member
    edited April 2017

Wow....they said the servers would be terminated on May 1st. I assumed they meant UTC time.

They cut my kidéchire on Apr 30, 23:00 UTC. I was hoping to get my last images of my servers on 23:30 UTC and shutting them off myself.

Well, good bye Dedibox kidéchire. It was great while it lasted.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited April 2017

Well, they have been cut off at 01.05.2017 00:16:17 CET, thats fine.

Online is based in Europe, so CET counts and not UTC.

• Crap. Forgot that CET is UTC+2...

• williewillie Member

DoktorX said: i want to order cheap server but i dont want to pay 20€ for setup

Scaleway.

edited May 2017

imchandave said: They cut my kidéchire on Apr 30, 23:00 UTC. I was hoping to get my last images of my servers on 23:30 UTC

You had a f*cking month to do this, ffs.

Oh and now demand a refound that they scammed you out of 0.0013 EUR for those 30 minutes of the server.

Thanked by 4sin MrMonkey netomx Pwner
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

Mine's on the block for termination now.

Fuck Online.net

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @rm_:

Dude. Where did you read that I was looking for a refund?

I just stated I was hoping to get one last backup 30 mins before they closed the server. I already have a backup from 8 hours previous.

Then I admitted that I screwed up the timezone and it was my fault for missing my last window for my last backup.

WTF man?? Why the anger?

edited May 2017

imchandave said: I was hoping to get one last backup 30 mins before they closed the server

Point is you waited for the last 30 minutes of a month to do your backups, AND you bring it up on a forum publicly AND in the form of some complaint to be leveled against the company -- that's truly beyond words.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • "...GET ONE LAST BACKUP 30 MINS BEFORE THEY CLOSED THE SERVER..." as in I already had a backup but just wanted to get all the metrics up until the last possible minute of existence of the servers. Then I wanted to wipe them myself.

When I noticed that they shutdown the servers before the deadline, I wanted to inform everyone of that possibility. Then I noticed that I stupidly forgot to compensate for CET=UTC+2.

I wasn't crying because "boo-hoo, I didn't get any backups and it's online's fault..". They had no fault. I made a timezone mistake and you decided to blow it out of proportion.

Why are you so worked up? When in last 3 years since I've been on this forum have you ever seen me rank and rave?

Thanked by 1geekalot
  • Always make backups, ALWAYS.

• NihimNihim Member

but he did, 8 hours before the server expired, he just wanted to do another on the last moment. Are you guys even reading the posts properly?

Thanked by 2geekalot philipc
  • Bah I think I forgot to remove the Dedibox SC 2016 from my account... Annoying...

Any good alternatives to the Kidechaire (on both specs and price)? I use it for a cheap and nasty email server.

• On a side note I still have access to my Kidechaire's via SSH (although they're not longer in my Online.net control panel...)

• boerndboernd Member

@jeromeza said:
    On a side note I still have access to my Kidechaire's via SSH (although they're not longer in my Online.net control panel...)

Interesting, it seems they have set up a 503 page on mine:
    http://195.154.97.125/

• madtbhmadtbh Member
    edited May 2017

@boernd said:

@jeromeza said:
    On a side note I still have access to my Kidechaire's via SSH (although they're not longer in my Online.net control panel...)

Interesting, it seems they have set up a 503 page on mine:
    http://195.154.97.125/

I remember seeing this when my server was in rescue mode.

• williewillie Member

jeromeza said:

Any good alternatives to the Kidechaire (on both specs and price)? I use it for a cheap and nasty email server.

Kidechire wasn't a product, it was a freebie, so it will be hard to find anything comparable as a regular offer. If you want a dedi, try a KS1 or a Scaleway C1 or the digicube.fr low end Atom thing. Otherwise use a vps.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

willie said: freebie

noun, Informal.
    something given without charge or cost, as a ticket to a performance or sports event or a free sample at a store:

• @jeromeza said:
    Bah I think I forgot to remove the Dedibox SC 2016 from my account... Annoying...

Happened to a friend of mine too, he didn't realize they provided two servers at almost four times the cost. They won't refund him and now he's going to file a chargeback. That's probably going to cost them more than the refund... I don't understand these fuckers.