Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

online.net kidechire EOL - Page 6
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

online.net kidechire EOL

Comments

• sinsin Member

@rm_ said:
    Remember today is the last day to cancel the "replacement" servers without getting charged for the next month.

Thanks :) I put in my cancellation yesterday...it's kinda lame how their cancellation button doesn't work at all so you have to open a ticket to do it. I didn't think I would keep the server so when I got one of those ones with the busted drive I 100% didn't wanted to keep it.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

sin said: lame how their cancellation button doesn't work at all so you have to open a ticket to do it.

I did not have to, maybe you were looking in the wrong place. It's done through https://console.online.net/en/account/services, click "Detail" for a service and there will be the red TERMINATE button.

Thanked by 1sin
  • sinsin Member

@rm_ said:

sin said: lame how their cancellation button doesn't work at all so you have to open a ticket to do it.

I did not have to, maybe you were looking in the wrong place. It's done through https://console.online.net/en/account/services, click "Detail" for a service and there will be the red TERMINATE button.

Yeah that's what I was trying to do...the past 3 servers I have had with them have all given me an error and "Contact support" whenever I have tried using the cancel/terminate button and then as soon as I open a ticket they just cancel the services for me.

• lbftlbft Member

I also got that error when attempting to cancel and had to ticket their support.

Thanked by 1sin
  • I didn't have a Kidechire but cancelled a couple other online.net services with that red button and it worked.

• cancelled all online.net servers (only 2 :) ). continuing with oneprovider untill new online.net limited offers for 10€ appears...

• blackblack Member

One of my kidechire is still active (not cancelled and replaced with Dedibox SC 2016). Does this mean they're going to keep some kidechires active?

Thanked by 1netomx
  • sinsin Member

black said: One of my kidechire is still active (not cancelled and replaced with Dedibox SC 2016). Does this mean they're going to keep some kidechires active?

They might just be canceling them in batches. Mine had an almost brand new harddrive, would have kept that thing for a long time :).

Thanked by 1netomx
  • an online.net promotion next first quarter would be great

• gattytto said: next first quarter

What does that mean? 1Q18?

Thanked by 1rm_
  • first quarter of may

• williewillie Member
    edited April 2017

Oh you mean first week of May. Yes that would be nice. ("First quarter" usually means the first 3 months of a year, unless you're talking about the moon phase, in which case it is a week. I can see how that could be confusing).

• ValdikSSValdikSS Member
    edited April 2017

Shit shit shit I didn't get the email. I checked twice my inbox—nothing. Probably would be charged. Better to move money out of the card.

Never mind, my server would be disposed later.

• SetsuraSetsura Member
    edited April 2017

@black said:
    One of my kidechire is still active (not cancelled and replaced with Dedibox SC 2016). Does this mean they're going to keep some kidechires active?

Yeah mine is still active and no SC was delivered yet either.

• Setsura said: Yeah mine is still active and no SC was delivered yet either.

Same here, still active. Wondering how long...

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

Just moved all my kidechire over to a scaleway server. Sad times.

• I wonder will online now have some special servers any time soon i want to order cheap server but i dont want to pay 20€ for setup

• Gerrard8Gerrard8 Member
    edited April 2017

Hello,

>

Dedibox BareMetal servers are constantly changing and evolving. Your Dedibox kidéchire - >***** reaches end of life.

>

Your server Dedibox kidéchire - ***** will be canceled and decommissioned on 01/06/2017 >which allows you to smoothly migrate your server.

>

If you want to keep enjoying high performances servers, checkout our latest Dedibox >BareMetal servers or sign-up to Scaleway, our cloud computing platform starting at €0.006 >per hour.

>

If you have any questions, please contact our assistance.

>

Just received the above from Online.net

• Same, are there any equivalent offerings?

• same :( both of mine were cancelled. Sad day.

• @trexos said:
    same :( both of mine were cancelled. Sad day.

I managed to grab two when they were originally posted, 2014-08-22 seems like forever ago!

• trexostrexos Member
    edited April 2017

@Gerrard8 said:

@trexos said:
    same :( both of mine were cancelled. Sad day.

I managed to grab two when they were originally posted, 2014-08-22 seems like forever ago!

Yeah same for me :/ I'm not that active here anymore, but I would have kept them forever :D I use them for nearly every task. Are there any quivalent offers?

• Here comes the 2nd batch of EOL servers.... 1st of June..

• The 2nd batch wasn't even given the Dedibox SC 2016 to fiddle with :/

• drivexdrivex Member
    edited April 2017

@Hooligan said:
    The 2nd batch wasn't even given the Dedibox SC 2016 to fiddle with :/

From the IRC channel:

[14:25:08] Dominique: WTF "Your server Dedibox kidéchire - 21439 will be canceled and decommissioned on 01/06/2017 which allows you to smoothly migrate your server. "

[14:27:54] Misteur: Hi Dominique

[14:28:47] Misteur: You will be provided a replacement server on your account, you keep both server during the last month before its termination

[14:28:51] Misteur: allowing you to migrate your data

[14:29:01] Dominique: Replacement server?

[14:29:23] Dominique: This is not mentioned in the email

[14:31:07] Misteur: oh yes we do not set up a server automatically now

[14:31:20] Dominique: Ok, so what do I need to do?

[14:31:24] Misteur: so you're free to take a new one but it will not be possible to keep the current one

[14:32:27] Dominique: How do I get this replacement server?

[14:32:42] Misteur: you can reach us by ticket

[14:32:50] Misteur: we will suggest some alternatives to your current server

[14:32:59] Dominique: You mean I have to pay more for something else?

[14:33:11] Dominique: Fuck no, I'll go somewhere else then

[14:33:45] reynir: whoa

[14:34:13] Misteur: All up to you then

• I got the June 1st EOL email too.

My oneprovider i3 is already setup as replacement iso seeder.

If they offered me one of the Supermicro c2750 1TB for 7 Euro, I'd take it and cancel my 15 euro KS4c.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • RamiRami Member

Just received this email now but mine will expire on 01/06/2017

Hello,

Dedibox BareMetal servers are constantly changing and evolving. Your Dedibox kidéchire - 26078 reaches end of life.

Your server Dedibox kidéchire - 26078 will be canceled and decommissioned on 01/06/2017 which allows you to smoothly migrate your server.

If you want to keep enjoying high performances servers, checkout our latest Dedibox BareMetal servers or sign-up to Scaleway, our cloud computing platform starting at €0.006 per hour. 

Thanked by 1netomx
  • WSSWSS Member

If you really want one back, it looks like OneProvider is still reselling them.

• eth0eth0 Member

Sad times...