Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

online.net kidechire EOL - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

online.net kidechire EOL

Comments

• IshaqIshaq Member

Engineering: Hey guys?
    Engineering: What should we do with the broken processors?
    Sales: Give it to the kidechire customers for 5 times the price?
    Management: Yeah!

• loydloyd Member
    edited March 2017

It was nice while deal lasted. About 2yrs 7months

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

pechspilz said: Hello, we are currently experiencing worries about this range. Would you like a retraction and a refund for the month being rented for this server

That is cool English, two thumbs up!

• Waiting for dat email

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited March 2017

they even still sell them...

http://oneprovider.com/dedicated-servers/paris-france

Does someone have one of those and can you keep it? Since they pay like 7EUR instead of 1.99.

• They where good while they lasted. They could of at least takes $1 or something off the monthly cost so at least it felt like a good deal.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited March 2017

bohdans said: They where good while they lasted. They could of at least takes $1 or something off the monthly cost so at least it felt like a good deal.

They waived the 20 EUR setup fee, so you may as well think a 1EUR/mo fee is waived over a period of 20 months compared to the regular offer.

edited March 2017

I dropped them a negative Feedback Ticket, asked for something different, got mine upgraded to C2750 for 2Euro more with 8gig.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • FuslFusl Member

@Neoon said:
    I dropped them a negative Feedback Ticket, asked for something different, got mine upgraded to C2750 for 2Euro more with 8gig.

Yea, I did so as well and got

Hello,

Unfortunetly, as we have a rate of breakdowns too high on these old servers and as the manufacturer does not provide any spare parts, it is not possible anymore for us to keep them and maintain a good quality of service on them.

It would sure be more profitable for us to keep renting them, but most of our customers want reliability and aftermarket support.

We now offer you brand new SC SATA 2016 with 1Gbps bandwith, Intel Atom CPU and 8Go of ram for free for one month.

If you want, you can terminate it and it will not be billed.

We also have the Scaleway offers starting at 2.99€ a month

https://www.scaleway.com/pricing/

• HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

@Fusl said:

@Neoon said:

Yea, I did so as well and got

Hello,

Unfortunetly, as we have a rate of breakdowns too high on these old servers and as the manufacturer does not provide any spare parts, it is not possible anymore for us to keep them and maintain a good quality of service on them.

It would sure be more profitable for us to keep renting them, but most of our customers want reliability and aftermarket support.

We now offer you brand new SC SATA 2016 with 1Gbps bandwith, Intel Atom CPU and 8Go of ram for free for one month.

If you want, you can terminate it and it will not be billed.

We also have the Scaleway offers starting at 2.99€ a month

https://www.scaleway.com/pricing/

Ditto. Just tried and basically got told to eff off. Welp, will just cancel these new ones and move on. The C2350 is pretty shit, especially at 4.5x the price.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

Any alternatives?

• JanevskiJanevski Member
    edited March 2017

I think they could slowly upgrade users as their old servers die out, but evidently they want more money out of this. They want to kill the promos.

And how exactly are they going to migrate users to ARM? Plus freely? Wait WHA-

Anyhow, i don't care since i'm just a Scaleway user and even if that goes out i'll use something else, i don't have much love for marketing offers, but still in all fairness, in my messed up mind all i read is:

Hello asshole, Your Dedibox kidéchire rapes end of life.

Starting on 29/03/2017, a Dedibox SC 2016 will automatically be raped on your account to rape your old server.

We will rape and double rape your current server on 01/05/2017 which will rape you to smoothly rape your server.

The SC 2016 rapes incredible performances for only €8.99 /month: CPU Intel C2350 2 C / 2T 4 GB DDR3 1TB SATA 1Gbit/s internet bandwidth

Of course, we will rape the setup fee for the Dedibox SC 2016 raping.

If you want to keep raping high performance servers under €3 per month, we encourage you to rape our assistance to rape your server on Scaleway, our cloud computing platform.

If you want to rape to another offer, please rape our assistance. L'équipe d'assistance d'Online

Need rape? Call us now

24 hours a day, 7 days a week

Side note: One day this might happen to Scaleway and they'll move out on virtual machines - step back.

Thanked by 1default
  • Janevski lmao I wonder what those french guys think when they see your name set as "asshole" if it's actually set as that.

I don't blame them for wanting users to upgrade off the old servers, but I do think they should let you sign/agree to a form or something letting you keep your old server if you claim all responsibility for any downtime and 0 sla instead of just removing your server without any choice.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • WSSWSS Member

That's a lot of rape..

Thanked by 1netomx
  • JanevskiJanevski Member
    edited March 2017

@ethancedrik They could stop signup for new kiderchire plans and as i said grandfather the old plans as long as the machine lasts, instead of tripling the price without user consent.

Offering something, consistently and then changing the offer to something lower creates disappointment. It doesn't matter the price or if we're talking about servers, internet(s) or potatoes.

PS: This is why in the first place i hate unsustainable marketing offers and marketing in general - it's bound to create disappointment.

• So when this Dedibox SC 2016 gonna EOL ?

• @Ryan22 said:
    So when this Dedibox SC 2016 gonna EOL ?

Nobody knows. Possibly after another 2.5 years, when you will get another special offer for €32.99 (4 times current value) without setup fees.

• SetsuraSetsura Member
    edited March 2017

So they are saying they are going to EOL my server that works fine, for something that costs more, is known to be defective(C2000 series), and will die at some point potentially sooner than what I have? Unless Intel fixed their shit or these are otherwise not affected by the issue.

Either way, cool story.

Edit: my kidéchire hasn't been marked for expiry nor an SC delivered yet

Thanked by 1Janevski
  • No email yet either.

Maybe they were just clearing racks with low density of 'stable' Kidechires.

Makes sense especially if they were already running these at a loss.

But now that everyone's read about Intel's buggy chip situation, maybe some scaleway credits would be better, since they mount nbd volumes separate from cpu+boards.

Fail away Intel. I'll just spin up a new VM.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

No email, nothing on the CP, yet

• Geez you guys, stop whining. They've been taking a loss on those servers since the beginning. This is why we can't have nice things. The SC2016's main advantage is the 1TB disk (or SSD) by the way, whatever the issues with the cpu might be. The Kidichire is maybe comparable to the lowest digicube.fr server which is 5 euro/month when paid annually. And when the SC2016 goes out of service, they won't try to fob 4x as expensive on you, because the SC is not way under its market value to begin with.

Consider a Scaleway C1 if you want a super cheap dedi. It's superior overall to the Kidichire imho, though each has pluses and minuses compared with the other.

• HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

@netomx said:
    No email, nothing on the CP, yet

I only got mail for 2 of mine, the 2 oldest - which I got during the original promo. The other one I got during the 2nd sale thing they did when they restocked - so maybe that's the difference? Or just not enough C2350 stock?

Thanked by 2vimalware netomx
  • lbftlbft Member

willie said: The SC2016's main advantage is the 1TB disk (or SSD) by the way, whatever the issues with the cpu might be.

Don't the SC 2016s have disk performance issues?

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

ethancedrik said: letting you keep your old server

It's not feasible to expect them to keep running half-empty racks as some servers fail and get terminated, and I guess not really an option to have downtimes to move the remaining people around to keep high density. Also I suspect their layout is built in a way that if you move a server between racks, it would have to change it's sd-xxxxx ID and the IP address.

Janevski said: unsustainable marketing offers

These were up for more than 2 years of flawless service, if that's what you call a short term marketing promotion offer, then that's an okay promotional period in my book.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • I thought they fixed those, vibration pads under the drives or something. But the cpu is so slow that the servers are more suited to backup or streaming, than anything with a high disk load. The network is much slower than the disk so simple uploading and downloading should be fine.

• jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited March 2017

OK. Many of you call a "rape" the drop of the 2 euros (OH MY GOD, TWO EUROS!!!!) dedicated server promo that lasted 2 years and the offer of a NINE EUROS PER MONTH WITHOUT SETUP FEES of a server with almost 1000 benchmark!
    If this is a rape, why don't you abandon Online.net and try your luck to another provider? Let's see if you can find a better offer in other places...
    Does Online.net want to keep some of the 2€/m clients with a profitable service (as we all know the 2€ servers were not profitable at all for them, they probably run them with loss)? Yes. They are not charity. Does online.net put a gun in your head to rent it? No. They even offer you a free month to test it and see if it fits to your needs.
    I am also sad for loosing my kidechires (in fact, I got the email for one of my three servers). But it was perfect for as long it lasted and I thank online.net for this incredible offer.

• I got this for 2 of my kidechire too... :(

• defaultdefault Veteran
    edited March 2017

I am willing to make a bet that OneProvider will still sell these Kidechires (taken from you) after 1st of May 2017.

• BeardyUnixGuyBeardyUnixGuy Member
    edited March 2017

I actually hope Online have another round of awesome deals to counter the depression caused by kidechire losses.

I'd love to grab some more C2750s for 8 euros.

Thanked by 2netomx ehab

@jvnadr its not about the Kidichire, thats fine.

The point is, that the "upgrade" as they call it, is basically shit.

In terms of price/performance/mem ratio.