Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

User refused to provide evidence to support bad review - Page 6
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

User refused to provide evidence to support bad review

12346»

Comments

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

gustavargas said: And Vultr is going to build a wall :o

And make DO pay for it!

@jarland , get ready for that Border Gateway tax...

• @raindog308 said:

gustavargas said: And Vultr is going to build a wall :o

And make DO pay for it!

@jarland , get ready for that Border Gateway tax...

Noooo!!! Too much discord and I missed the drama :(

• AnthonySmith said: For anyone that is interested I did some legit research and found a picture of the OP.

Lol. Big bloody chip on the shoulder?

• AdamMAdamM Member

dropping down to $2.5 vps might be something Vultr regrets pretty soon. Brings in a different crowd.

Thanked by 2yomero netomx
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@AdamM said:
    dropping down to $2.5 vps might be something Vultr regrets pretty soon. Brings in a different crowd.

It's the one thing you never expect, but never fails to happen. I don't know if low prices just attract so many people that you get more demanding people as a result of simply having a larger pool of people to begin with, or if people who pay very little are just extremely demanding, but it's definitely one of those two.

Thanked by 1AdamM
  • WSSWSS Member

@jarland said:
    It's the one thing you never expect, but never fails to happen. I don't know if low prices just attract so many people that you get more demanding people as a result of simply having a larger pool of people to begin with, or if people who pay very little are just extremely demanding, but it's definitely one of those two.

A bit of column A, and more than a fartmother smattering of B.

Thanked by 2jar netomx
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited March 2017

Free though, oh man. Never give anything away for free. You'll never be trash talked and cursed at more in your life than when you try to give something to people for free. It goes something like this:

Me: Just reach into my wallet, there's a $20 bill right there it should be good.
    Them: Credit card, debit card, ID, all your cash, all set.
    Me: Wait, I just wanted you to take the $20 bill, if you take all of that I'm stranded, broke, and my family can't eat.
    Them: FUCK YOU, YOU NEVER SAID I COULDN'T TAKE ALL OF THAT, YOU'LL FUCKING DEAL WITH IT RIGHT NOW OR I'LL REPORT YOU TO THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU YOU FUCKING SCAM

Then they post on a forum about it and you get gems like:

"Honestly, you never gave them clear terms. You should accept that they took everything in your wallet and now you've learned your lesson."

Thanked by 1netomx
  • AdamMAdamM Member

Regarding Vultr's price drop, their saving grace will be the fact that they only allow 2 of the $2.5 vps per account. So a certain crowd will stay away out of principle, I suppose.

• That crowd doesn't want more than 2 of those instances anyway, unless it's sneaker bots, in which case they want them for 1 hour each so the $5/mo ones work out about the same.

Me, I'm not that sensitive to the instance pricing, as long as I can get more promo credits to pay for them with :)

• WSSWSS Member

@jarland said:
    Free though, oh man. Never give anything away for free.

I finally learned that lesson about a decade ago. When I gave up doing things for free, I could afford to eat more than dollar store food and pay my bills. Yet capitalism is as evil as Hitler because it only pays for two bathrooms.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • time4vpstime4vps Member, Host Rep

Fantastic LET drama! A little bit less than "do you have a sister" but still good. Does anyone keeps a list of LET drama's?

Thanked by 1netomx
  • YuraYura Member

@AdamM said:
    Regarding Vultr's price drop, their saving grace will be the fact that they only allow 2 of the $2.5 vps per account. So a certain crowd will stay away out of principle, I suppose.

Gee. And you know how certain LET providers called this limitation? Click and bait scam! @willie saw that too and I think he convincingly argued that it is indeed a click and bait scam...

@jarland said:
    Free though, oh man. Never give anything away for free.

And always take payment first. Amen.

• @time4vps said:
    Does anyone keeps a list of LET drama's?

The main LET drama archive can be located at lowendtalk.com

• AmitzAmitz Member

time4vps said: Does anyone keeps a list of LET drama's?

I once thought about that, including a detailed collection of all those funny quotes like "Do you refund if Google blacklists IP?", "Fartmother", "Debian thx" and so on. But... Well. It did not happen, ...

Thanked by 1raindog308
  • @taavim why dont you get over yourself and move on get your site backup then posting on let like people really care sorry to sound rude :)

• WSSWSS Member

@Amitz said:

I do hope that people who manage to become part of the vernacular end up winning fabulous prizes!

• foliofolio Member

@WSS said:

I do hope that people who manage to become part of the vernacular end up winning fabulous prizes!

An annual awards ceremony to coincide with the Oscars? The Fartmothers?

1. Best addition to the LET vernacular
    2. Best comedy or drama performance by someone who has been a member less than 24 hours
    3. Longest running unproductive thread outside the Cest Pit
    Thanked by 1WSS
  • AdamMAdamM Member
    edited March 2017

@Yura said:
    Gee. And you know how certain LET providers called this limitation? Click and bait scam! @willie saw that too and I think he convincingly argued that it is indeed a click and bait scam...

How are the $2.5 VPS a click and bait scam? They offer product, we can buy. Seems pretty straightforward.

• How are the $2.5 VPS a click and bait scam? They offer product, we can buy. Seems pretty straightforward.

The product is servers on demand and people are used to running hundreds of them. Then they introduce a new and especially attractive setup, they advertise it on their home page with equal placement to all their other models, but it turns out (and it is fairly hard to discover) that you can only buy two of that size. They hook you with the illusory $2.50 offer but it turns out they want you to buy $5 instances instead.

• HxxxHxxx Member

tldr thanks!

Thanked by 1netomx
  • WSSWSS Member

@folio said:

@WSS said:

2. Best comedy or drama performance by someone who has been a member less than 24 hours

I would stream this. Jarland could host, at least until CF blocked the transmission.

Thanked by 1folio
  • bapbap Member

@folio said:

Hm...