Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

User refused to provide evidence to support bad review - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

User refused to provide evidence to support bad review

Comments

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

The problem is you are clearly hurt and angry that you were essentially silenced, and you obviously expected too much from a completely unmanaged host with a reputation for only wanting to maintain the status quo to begin with while being trigger happy on removing users that upset the balance (as you did).

Just move on, I assure you, your efforts are being wasted, focus your energy in a more positive way., this is not going to change the outcome, it will not deter others from using them either.

I am sure you will reject reality and replace it with your own but here is a challenge for you, forget it, if it still really bothers you in a month come back and write it again.

Thanked by 1Mridul
  • @Harambe said:

Umcookies said: Until I see as such I'm actually on Vultr's side on this one as I believe there's more behind the scenes which lead to them terminating the account.

Agreed, extremely cherry picked screenshots of parts of the conversation. There's a screenshot of a VPS created at some point in time, then Vultr says they are refunding the balance of credits paid in.. so OP lost zero dollars.

Now that doesn't mean they should just nuke an account - especially with active services.. but Vultr also claim in their response that there were no active instances.

So based on cherry picked screenshots: Vultr claims no instances active and OP 'indicated [he/she] was leaving' so they refunded money and closed account.

If OP had full threads we could determine the full back & forth. Something such as verbally accosting them over a limited time affiliate promo - with no active services - might result in a closed account with a refund at any reasonable company.

Extremely cherry picked :)? I lost value of time. And other users who signed up via link, they lost respect as well. No bonus.

Thats not proper claim: no active instance. I can have instance in one moment active and other moment not. I mean, ever heard of shutdown command in operation system? He used exactly that moment where i was creating new instance. For that i removed old instance.

You seem to be similar kind of service provider. Will keep away. PS! I searched and in lowendtalk is more users who have had bad experience with them..

• bapbap Member
    edited March 2017

@stefeman said:
    So, essentially you funded ur vps from referral links and are now angry because that did not work in the long run?

Whats wrong with you?

@rm_ said:

AnthonySmith said: All this over 20 dollars?

20 dollars big money in the 3rd world. Sir.

The lesson here is to just never get into or trust any affiliate program ever. Not only it makes you look like a shilling scumbag with those "?aff=" links (meaning whatever opinion or recommendation you give about the company IS being monetarily compensated), as demonstrated here the provider is free to screw you over at any moment they see fit, e.g. if they notice you earn "too much", and nevermind you actually attracted all those new users for them.

Totally agree, $20 is a big money.

• @Yura said:

@taavim said:
    Oh well.. what possible view there could be. Did give facts.

Simple. Post screenshots of full tickets relevant to this situation, blur only sensitive details and we will decide how to interpret the facts.

If you want to report about bad customer service then that is the only right way to do this in your situation. If you register on forum and write long ass walls of text instead, without showing hard details... You are twisting our nipples. Don't do that without written consent.

Show, Don't Tell.

As i commented to other quote, i will show them when i get permission. Privacy is there for reasons. I do think those four pictures show enough right now. If someone claims cherry picked then, i confirm, if those where cherrys then what is left are beyond cherry. I picked for now fairly neutral.

• UmcookiesUmcookies Member
    edited March 2017

@taavim said:
    Well. No cherry picks. They are way it is. I do have 4 screenshots in that link. I couldnt do screenshots from client are as director closed account and i do belive he this for that reason also. He has done this before. Full e-mail sources will published if i don't get solution from that provider. I do respect privacy of others as well. Im not sure every supported wants to showen.

More behind this is bad management.

I'm sorry but that's complete bull,
    -In your proof you've got a screenshot from a ticket on the vultr website,
    -A VPS creation proof that's actually old and I don't believe current at all.
    -You admitted you had no active services with them.
    -I don't believe a 'manager' would forget that ticket replies are sent to the client via email, thus making closing the account an ineffective way of covering their tracks.

• YuraYura Member

@taavim said:

@Yura said:

@taavim said:
    Oh well.. what possible view there could be. Did give facts.

Simple. Post screenshots of full tickets relevant to this situation, blur only sensitive details and we will decide how to interpret the facts.

If you want to report about bad customer service then that is the only right way to do this in your situation. If you register on forum and write long ass walls of text instead, without showing hard details... You are twisting our nipples. Don't do that without written consent.

Show, Don't Tell.

As i commented to other quote, i will show them when i get permission. Privacy is there for reasons. I do think those four pictures show enough right now. If someone claims cherry picked then, i confirm, if those where cherrys then what is left are beyond cherry. I picked for now fairly neutral.

As I written above: blur sensitive details. You don't need permission to do that. Privacy of workers at Vultr will be preserved. Also, you ask permission after stating Vultr deleted your account to delete all tickets. Obviously, they would not want you to show any of it. Don't cherry pick, don't try to be neutral. Show it as it is or don't show at all. Think of what I said, you will eventually agree that it makes sense and best way of action for you. (If silence is not an option)

• @k0nsl said:
    Hyvää päivää, @taavim !

Well, the Finnish people can be temperamental when they are badly treated -- so they do what many other people do; they rush a post without thinking it through!

You should have included all the pertinent conversations in order to remove any doubt which may incur by posting something like this.

At any rate, shame on Vultr if this is true. That is pretty disgusting behaviour.

Hyvää päivää! Im not finnish but i get pretty angry when i see bad justice. I do care and not only for my self. Did think trough. I went with them 8 days discussions.

In here only to share experience.

Eventually i needed to show only one screenshot picture! That is where account was closed due to fact that i indicated of leaving. Thats true screenshot. Nobody closes account via indication logic.

All closings are direct and with confirmations. Normally such companies leave all account open, just in case you will come back. My account not only closed. Deleted so tickets from their system could be deleted.

• @Umcookies said:

@taavim said:
    Well. No cherry picks. They are way it is. I do have 4 screenshots in that link. I couldnt do screenshots from client are as director closed account and i do belive he this for that reason also. He has done this before. Full e-mail sources will published if i don't get solution from that provider. I do respect privacy of others as well. Im not sure every supported wants to showen.

More behind this is bad management.

-I don't believe a 'manager' would forget that ticket replies are sent to the client via email, thus making closing the account an ineffective way of covering their tracks.

Nope. Your showing exactly bad management attitude. Twisting words. Suddenly you went for no active service logic. Active service = active account with payment + funds. Do i have in that moment in VM instance (operation system) installed or not is entirely up to me.

Account aka service was active nevertheless.

• YuraYura Member
    edited March 2017

@taavim said:
    I went with them 8 days discussions.

Eventually i needed to show only one screenshot picture!

I was leaning over to your side before that. Ok, nevermind, I'm leaving this thread for good. Good luck venting out your frustration.

• @bap said:

@stefeman said:
    So, essentially you funded ur vps from referral links and are now angry because that did not work in the long run?

Whats wrong with you? @taavim do something, he works for it, and he deserve for it.

@rm_ said:

AnthonySmith said: All this over 20 dollars?

20 dollars big money in the 3rd world. Sir.

The lesson here is to just never get into or trust any affiliate program ever. Not only it makes you look like a shilling scumbag with those "?aff=" links (meaning whatever opinion or recommendation you give about the company IS being monetarily compensated), as demonstrated here the provider is free to screw you over at any moment they see fit, e.g. if they notice you earn "too much", and nevermind you actually attracted all those new users for them.

Totally agree, $20 is a big money. The one who underestimating this amount may earn $100M per month, Im happy to hear their story.

Sry i didnt catch that. "Me" do something, he works for it.. ?

• @taavim said:

@Umcookies said:

Nope. Your showing exactly bad management attitude. Twisting words. Suddenly you went for no active service logic. Active service = active account with payment + funds. Do i have in that moment in VM instance (operation system) installed or not is entirely up to me.

Not twisting words, just introducing new points. You yourself said you had no active "instances" with them, account credit != active service. But if you don't want to discuss that particular point I'd LOVE to discuss that proof of a active instance photo you have used.

You know, that one which is dated as the 10th of march. Just to confirm you activated that instance on the 10th of this month, correct?

• @Umcookies said:

@taavim said:

@Umcookies said:

Not twisting words, just introducing new points. You yourself said you had no active "instances" with them, account credit != active service. But if you don't want to discuss that particular point I'd LOVE to discuss that proof of a active instance photo you have used.

You know, that one which is dated as the 10th of march. Just to confirm you activated that instance on the 10th of this month, correct?

Why are you all jumpy about this? I didnt say anything to you about no active instance. Instance is not issue in here. Instance is not what shows is your service active or not.

Active service = paid sum montly. Instance activation totally out of issue. Director tried to make it as excuse and you trying to make it as issue.

Let me understand this correctly then? If vultr users have paid accounts and they have snapshots of instance but instance is not activate at moment or you are creating new instance then they are allowed to delete accounts without first asking?

What kind service provider is that then. Some looney. Nothing more. Your not making any sense with your comments. Srry.

• taavimtaavim Member
    edited March 2017

@Yura said:

@taavim said:
    I went with them 8 days discussions.

Eventually i needed to show only one screenshot picture!

I was leaning over to your side before that. Ok, nevermind, I'm leaving this thread for good. Good luck venting out your frustration.

This post is not from frustration. It is for warning. I do care. Frustation is long gone. When i get permission (asked advice from people know law more) to show all e-mails, then i might show them. Perhaps i don't want to drag innocent people (u know, other workers) to this mess? I do care.

Goal in here is to show how bad management is done. IT is shown clearly. Nobody closes account by statement "you indicated of leaving". Nobody. Unless they act like kid who wants his own candy.

• @taavim said:

Why are you all jumpy about this? I didnt say anything to you about no active instance. Instance is not issue in here. Instance is not what shows is your service active or not.

Active service = paid sum montly. Instance activation totally out of issue. Director tried to make it as excuse and you trying to make it as issue.

Let me understand this correctly then? If vultr users have paid accounts and they have snapshots of instance but instance is not activate at moment or you are creating new instance then they are allowed to delete accounts without first asking?

What kind service provider is that then. Some looney. Nothing more. Your not making any sense with your comments. Srry.

We are talking about the same provider here correct? Vultr, the one where you add money "credits" to your account and you can activate servers from that, there is no monthly subscription.

And yes, those snapshots are not covered by any sort of SLA, they do not charge for them and I would bet are covered somewhere in their SLA/TOS about being an unguaranteed service.

Again I ask, specifically this picture, https://image.ibb.co/hKqT3v/vultr_issue_more_proof.png are you claiming you had activated that instance only a few days before your account was shut down?

• @Umcookies said:

@taavim said:

We are talking about the same provider here correct? Vultr, the one where you add money "credits" to your account and you can activate servers from that, there is no monthly subscription.

And yes, those snapshots are not covered by any sort of SLA, they do not charge for them and I would bet are covered somewhere in their SLA/TOS about being an unguaranteed service.

Again I ask, specifically this picture, https://image.ibb.co/hKqT3v/vultr_issue_more_proof.png are you claiming you had activated that instance only a few days before your account was shut down?

You seem not to understand. Active account with paid subcription by me was closed with statement "you indicated of leaving" and no "active instance".

No normal company does that. Does not matter whether i made new VM instance or deleted old one. For your answer, before adding new VM instance i did have prior to that freebsd VM instance 3 months in row and same day aka 10 march made new instance + deleted it + wanted to make new openbsd instance + wanted to make new freebsd inctanse + wanted readd my instance from snapshot.

What has anything to do about one having mv instance? And what money credits are you talking about?

• UmcookiesUmcookies Member
    edited March 2017

@taavim said:

You seem not to understand. Active account with paid subcription by me was closed with statement "you indicated of leaving" and no "active instance".

No normal company does that. Does not matter whether i made new VM instance or deleted old one. For your answer, before adding new VM instance i did have prior to that freebsd VM instance 3 months in row and same day aka 10 march made new instance + deleted it + wanted to make new openbsd instance + wanted to make new freebsd inctanse + wanted readd my instance from snapshot.

What has anything to do about one having mv instance? And what money credits are you talking about?

And to come back full circle you've refused to give full tickets, earlier you DID say you had

taavim said: I did indicate of leaving

and

taavim said: Yes for moment was no active instance

It has everything to do with not having an active instance, Vultr does not operate with a subscription, you add money to your account and the services you use deduct from that total. If you destroy all of your instances your credit will remain there. The reason why I'm making a big deal about it is because you weren't physically interrupted by them terminating your account. You weren't running any critical services, a website or anything at the time, by your own word you had nothing active at the time. When they checked they saw you had nothing running after you said you were leaving and in good faith have claimed to be refunding you the entire amount of credit you applied to your account.

The reason I've repeated this question about the new instance a couple of times is that the 768mb instance has been retired, it no longer exists. I don't understand how you have an email saying you created one on the 10th of march when it's no longer an option.

Thanked by 1keymaster
  • i love to eat popcorn in the monday morning...

Thanked by 1netomx
  • taavimtaavim Member
    edited March 2017

@Umcookies said:

@taavim said:

And to come back full circle you've refused to give full tickets, earlier you DID say you had

taavim said: I did indicate of leaving

and

taavim said: Yes for moment was no active instance

It has everything to do with not having an active instance, Vultr does not operate with a subscription, you add money to your account and the services you use deduct from that total. If you destroy all of your instances your credit will remain there. The reason why I'm making a big deal about it is because you weren't physically interrupted by them terminating your account. You weren't running any critical services, a website or anything at the time, by your own word you had nothing active at the time. When they checked they saw you had nothing running after you said you were leaving and in good faith have claimed to be refunding you the entire amount of credit you applied to your account.

The reason I've repeated this question about the new instance a couple of times is that the 768mb instance has been retired, it no longer exists. I don't understand how you have an email saying you created one on the 10th of march when it's no longer an option.

Company does not offer such package anymore, then closes account? Again, bs.

Nobody has informed me that package 768M no more option. From that company. If it was changed then my account had bug. Why i couldnt add new package with 1024MB memory? Charged 5 for 768M package. Thats even more fraud. I do have original screenshot with png metadata. So again.. im not here from frustations. Here to give warning about that company

You see thats now two issue with direct bugs. Thats why he deleted whole account so i couldnt prove normal manner. But thats just not normal. Say to me, that package is not offered anymore. Say to me that affiliation offer was mistaken and due to bug and i will understand. But go and lie and whetever more.. Not gonna take it.

What you know about what critical service i did run or not? You seem to be like that Director is.

I pay for service i use it way i need. when i have to worrie alltime "perhaps, director has bad mood" + closes account then why in earth i should use that provider anymore?

One more thing. You really remind him. I mean where did i say "i refuse to give full tickets"? I only said i have asked from more lawing knowing people advice can i show in public all e-mails with them.

Are you lobbiest or whatnot..

PS! Pls stop trying to put words in my mouth. Not gonna work. Issue with vultr stays same. Fraud.

• filefile Member

blinks

• @taavim said:

Nobody has informed me that package 768M no more option. From that company. If it was changed then my account had bug. Why i couldnt add new package with 1024MB memory? Charged 5 for 768M package. Thats even more fraud. I do have original screenshot with png metadata. So again.. im not here from frustations. Here to give warning about that company

You see thats now two issue with direct bugs. Thats why he deleted whole account so i couldnt prove normal manner. But thats just not normal. Say to me, that package is not offered anymore. Say to me that affiliation offer was mistaken and due to bug and i will understand. But go and lie and whetever more.. Not gonna take it.

What you know about what critical service i did run or not? You seem to be like that Director is.

I pay for service i use it way i need. when i have to worrie alltime "perhaps, director has bad mood" + closes account then why in earth i should use that provider anymore?

PS! Pls stop trying to put words in my mouth. Not gonna work. Issue with vultr stays same. Fraud.

God dam. Again we know you weren't running a critical service, mainly because you weren't running ANYTHING at all by your own admission.

You complain about me putting words in your mouth but I've done no such thing, not once.

And better yet, now you're claiming fraud. That's deformation and slander my friend, they've stated you're getting your money back, and in the TOS they're within their right to terminate your account without notice.

• time4vpstime4vps Member, Host Rep

This would be excellent classic LET drama, but Vultr representative is missing :(

• @Umcookies said:

@taavim said:

God dam. Again we know you weren't running a critical service, mainly because you weren't running ANYTHING at all by your own admission.

You complain about me putting words in your mouth but I've done no such thing, not once.

And better yet, now you're claiming fraud. That's deformation and slander my friend, they've stated you're getting your money back, and in the TOS they're within their right to terminate your account without notice.

Now WHO IS WE? What is critical service to you? Its paid account for me. I can have over their API direct call what creates new instances every five minutes. That could be critical service for me.

Service is service. No need to be labeled "critical". I lost respect from my site users. Thats business critical.

For you seems to be just "I NEED TO BE RIGHT" attitude. Same like that director. Well go and join that club. Leave this thread alone.

• @time4vps said:
    This would be excellent classic LET drama, but Vultr representative is missing :(

well as i said in one twitter post. why such cases go to court? management makes sure that CEO wont get proper information + users can get hold on CEO. So many examples...

this could be easily stopped at very point where conflict started.

i only go on due the fact that such attitude needs to be stopped. there are other companies also who try to make it.

• @myhken said:
    The Promo in question was a "limited" offer. Their first run was last summer. Then after some months they offered it again, also as a limited promo. I used it both times.
    It was clearly marked as limited. So don't know why OP think it's was permanent.

where i thinked it was permanent? i understand they remove it with lie that summer only campaign. main issue not about affilation. and normal companies when remove campaign, inform also promoter so there would not be any bad feelings about it.

who stopped to put under that aff link msg, this campaign is no longe active? as such your comment is nonsense

• @taavim said:

Now WHO IS WE? What is critical service to you? Its paid account for me. I can have over their API direct call what creates new instances every five minutes. That could be critical service for me.

Service is service. No need to be labeled "critical". I lost respect from my site users. Thats business critical.

For you seems to be just "I NEED TO BE RIGHT" attitude. Same like that director. Well go and join that club. Leave this thread alone.

We as in LET, the community that you've come to rant too.
    Critical service to me is something that is online 24/7, in your example why spin up a new instance every 5 minutes if you're getting billed for the whole hour no matter what. Why wait for the server to 'spin up' while it's installing/copying the image, critical would be keeping a hot swap spare online and ready to step in within seconds. However I do recognize your point about that not necessarily being a typical use case, again I'll point to the fact you admitted you mentioned you were leaving, which I'll tie back to you refusing to provide complete tickets.
    In my personal opinion I believe you're vastly over estimating how much your users/readers really care.

I'll admit I like being right, it feels nice to be relied on in some respect and having confidence in my knowledge is definitely something I take pride in, however this is definitely not the case in this situation. You're making very bold claims, bordering on illegal I'd wager now that you've mention fraud and despite somewhere in the region of a dozen requests for complete tickets and not you cherry picking what you want to show us you've refused.

You know what I see? Someone who is happy to complain and 'warn' users but once asked to provide proof they act defensively and make excuses. You clearly have the tickets on email record, you've made a whole bunch of claims about the 'manager's' behavior, multiple complaints, made reference to multiple things that aren't included in the 3 pictures you provided and yet once asked for proof all of a sudden you want to 'protect' the very support staff you're complaining about.

For me it simply doesn't add up, I believe you're hiding something.

However as per your request I will now be leaving this thread, at least for the time being until something more conclusive can be produced. In the mean time I wish you luck convincing the rest of "us".

Thanked by 1Yura
  • @Umcookies said:

@taavim said:

We as in LET, the community that you've come to rant too.
    Critical service to me is something that is online 24/7, in your example why spin up a new instance every 5 minutes if you're getting billed for the whole hour no matter what. Why wait for the server to 'spin up' while it's installing/copying the image, critical would be keeping a hot swap spare online and ready to step in within seconds. However I do recognize your point about that not necessarily being a typical use case, again I'll point to the fact you admitted you mentioned you were leaving, which I'll tie back to you refusing to provide complete tickets.
    In my personal opinion I believe you're vastly over estimating how much your users/readers really care.

I'll admit I like being right, it feels nice to be relied on in some respect and having confidence in my knowledge is definitely something I take pride in, however this is definitely not the case in this situation. You're making very bold claims, bordering on illegal I'd wager now that you've mention fraud and despite somewhere in the region of a dozen requests for complete tickets and not you cherry picking what you want to show us you've refused.

You know what I see? Someone who is happy to complain and 'warn' users but once asked to provide proof they act defensively and make excuses. You clearly have the tickets on email record, you've made a whole bunch of claims about the 'manager's' behavior, multiple complaints, made reference to multiple things that aren't included in the 3 pictures you provided and yet once asked for proof all of a sudden you want to 'protect' the very support staff you're complaining about.

For me it simply doesn't add up, I believe you're hiding something.

However as per your request I will now be leaving this thread, at least for the time being until something more conclusive can be produced. In the mean time I wish you luck convincing the rest of "us".

Srry.. You dont represent LET or company. There is no suddenly from my part. You are one who suddenly so jumpy about this topic. Im thankful if you will leave this created thread alone. You mislead, misguide and give more fuil to bad attitude. I get it. You need to be right. Then be. I consider your answer to be your way right.

• IshaqIshaq Member

Stop flagging everyone's posts. I've got 7 reports from you.

Thanked by 1lazyt
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

taavim said: Was vultr customer

So far, this is the only part of the story I follow.

@taavim there is obviously missing context here. Vultr supports says you indicated you were leaving. You refuse to share the full detail of the tickets, which is BS on your part...blurring personal details takes only a few seconds, while all the long rants you've written here have taken hours.

Meanwhile, every time someone disagrees with you, you flag the post. This is more the action of someone throwing tantrums than someone who's cooly arguing logical facts.

Given this, is it more reasonable to conclude that Vultr is the worst host ever and is wantonly abusing you, or that you are trying to start a grease fire?

There's probably more to the story here...but you're the only one who can share it and you apparently refuse to do so. You won't have a hard time finding either Vultr critics boosters or Vultr detractors here - some of us are both! But we'd like a little more proof than just you stamping your feet and holding your breath.

Thanked by 2k0nsl lazyt
  • And what is the OPs goal here? Warn us, or just argue all day long?
    I'm pretty sure he has been all other then nice in his tickets, so he will not share this with us.

• keymasterkeymaster Member
    edited March 2017

Is it safe to assume that this image is obviously fabricated?
    https://image.ibb.co/hKqT3v/vultr_issue_more_proof.png

That plan stopped being offered more than a week prior to the date on that email. I highly doubt there was a bug on OP's account allowing that to still be deployed.

It sounds like his bluff got called that he wanted to leave.