Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Vultr $2.50 for 512MB - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Vultr $2.50 for 512MB

Comments

• IshaqIshaq Member

@JasperNL said:

AnthonySmith said: LES Japan.

Nested virtualization? o.0

Nope, OpenVZ.

• ucxoucxo Member

I just got a ticket reply after 51 seconds. O.O

Thanked by 1sin
  • ucxoucxo Member

They even offer BGP sessions: https://www.vultr.com/features/bgp/

For free! (That's what that ticket was about.)
    No announcements from their AS, though, so you do need your own AS.

Thanked by 1dgprasetya
  • Crazy news, everything is perfectly fine!

I think we need to thank Linode since they are the first to double RAM last year and released $5/1G instance recently.

Who's next? DO?

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

JasperNL said: Nested virtualization? o.0

Yep and what Ishaq said :)

• @AnthonySmith

That's a pretty smart idea, and it's awesome how open you are about that.

Now that vultr prices are cut, you can probably start earning a profit now :-)

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Stevie said: @AnthonySmith

That's a pretty smart idea, and it's awesome how open you are about that.

Now that vultr prices are cut, you can probably start earning a profit now :-)

Well there were really no other options at the time and I have not found any since, I really wanted the location, I was up front about it from day 1 on the LES forum.

• Personally the better buy is the $5 package. I would spend the $2.50 extra for the gig of ram. I don't see DO doing this rather soon.

One thing I don't like about Vultr is transparency. I had to spin 3 vms up before figuring out they were limited to 2 per customer. They aren't transparent on the type of RAID they use and CPU. All you see model name : Virtual CPU a7769a6388d5. Is your processors that old that you have hide your processors to compete with Linode & DO. They won't answer any questions on their forums on any of this.

• miaumiau Member

@squibs said:
    Race to the bottom. Waiting for Aruba to offer double resources on their $1/mo offering now.

I tried aruba, its like the worst $1 I ever spent.
    Would rather pay more for Linode/DO. Anytime.

Thanked by 1yomero
  • Rob92Rob92 Member

Wow, this is pretty appealing. Might have to mess around with Vultr some more soon.

• datanoisedatanoise Member
    edited March 2017

That's really nice. With the ability to setup a private network it allows to do interesting things at an OK price.

Vultr wasn't competitive compared to LEHosts; they now can be interesting for some setup.

They should be more clear regarding their SSD/RAID setup in my opinion though...

• There a market rules starts.

miau said: I tried aruba, its like the worst $1 I ever spent

Hah.. They just fine, looks like affiliate :) Linode highly over advertised

• dedicadosdedicados Member
    edited March 2017

jclouds said: I had to spin 3 vms up before figuring out they were limited to 2 per customer.

yep, same here.

Unable to place order: You have reached the maximum number of active instances (2) with our sandbox plan. Please choose a different plan.

Thanked by 1kjl24
  • busbrbusbr Member

@sin said:

@busbr said:
    They should offer support SLAs, otherwise I'd rather cut all my servers there.

They're unmanaged servers and they already offer a Network SLA.

Right, but if their networking takes two days to reply "we generally don't offer support for ..." I'd rather pay for support.

• kjl24kjl24 Member
    edited March 2017

@miau said:

@squibs said:
    Race to the bottom. Waiting for Aruba to offer double resources on their $1/mo offering now.

I tried aruba, its like the worst $1 I ever spent.
    Would rather pay more for Linode/DO. Anytime.

what were the issues?

• Also they cut BW to 500Gb only.. Reduces with cuts nice practice..

• xiyanxiyan Member

aff

http://www.vultr.com/?ref=6932609

pay 10$ ,get 30$
    http://www.vultr.com/?ref=6932610-3B

https://www.vultr.com/match/
    Simply create an account at Vultr. When you fund your account we will match dollar for dollar up to $100 of your Initial Funding

@chinmoy asked me the promotion about vultr.

Unfortunately, I am not a new user. But good things should be shared. Have a nice day.

Thanked by 1chinmoy
  • @ucxo said:

And here's a reflink that earns you $20 right away and me $30 when you've spent $10: http://www.vultr.com/?ref=7111620-3B :)

I used your link. I hope you get the referral funds.

At $2.5 there's no excuse for me not to try Vultr now. I just wish one of the providers would add a ZA location!

Thanked by 1ucxo
  • WSSWSS Member

@ucxo said:
    And here's a reflink that earns you $20 right away and me $30 when you've spent $10: http://www.vultr.com/?ref=7111620-3B :)

Signed up under you, but made a second account without using the first. Hopefully they'll grant me the $20 credit..

• WSS said: Hopefully they'll grant me the $20 credit..

Kvadratish praktische gut

Thanked by 1dedicados
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

jenkki said: Also they cut BW to 500Gb only.. Reduces with cuts nice practice..

No, you get the same bandwidth for $5 you did before.

OK, so we heard from you that

• Vultr is the worst provider ever because they don't have the same number of locations as $GENERIC_CRAPPY_HOST

• they've introduced a smaller plan with smaller bandwidth and that makes you angry

Do you have any other poorly-reasoned complaints about Vultr? Be nice to get them all out of the way at once.

• And here I'm sitting on 120$ and don't know what to do with them...

Thanked by 1hdpixel
  • jeromezajeromeza Member
    edited March 2017

I used an affiliate, got $20 - then I asked if I could fund match and they removed my $20 free credit...?!?

Guessing its either or and not both at once.

• raindog308 said: Do you have any other poorly-reasoned complaints about Vultr?

I know all LET moderators related to Viltr or DO business, so just in case.

• davidavi Member

I have vultr affiliate link as http://www.vultr.com/?ref=7121088-3B and with this link you will get $20 and I will get $30 if you do initial payment of $10. So in $10 you will get $30 which can be used for 12 months of $2.5 VPS of 512MB RAM

• andiklive said: they're still raid0 right

I don't think that was ever confirmed. Vultr simply refuses to discuss hardware in public. Raid0 is speculation.

Where are the complaints of epic data loss with Vultr? I know there was some loss/failure years back, but anything more recent?

• datanoisedatanoise Member
    edited March 2017

sleddog said: but anything more recent?

Not that I know of; that would make it look like they aren't using RAID 0. No way to know without them sayin though...

• Imagine the future where being low ends would not be as special snowflakes as they are now

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

jenkki said: I know all LET moderators related to Viltr or DO business, so just in case.

Yeah, what I expected. Gets called out for posting bullshit and immediately drops to an ad hominem. Lame.

Yes @jarland works for Digital Ocean. No other moderator works for Vultr or DO. At least one competes with them.

Post your evidence that "all LET moderators related to Vultr or DO business". Otherwise...

Thanked by 2ucxo netomx
  • AmitzAmitz Member

@jenkki said:
    I know all LET moderators related to Viltr or DO business, so just in case.

I fucking hate Vultr. And the best thing at DO is @jarland.

Thanked by 2jar netomx