Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Vultr $2.50 for 512MB - Page 11
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Vultr $2.50 for 512MB

15678911»

Comments

• WSSWSS Member

@kcaj said:
    Caption contest anybody?

Limit 2 per account.

• kcaj said: Caption contest anybody?

You Win!

• YuraYura Member

$7

• SetsuraSetsura Member
    edited March 2017

@rm_ said:

angstrom said: they will grab an IP from another location

They have a set of ranges semi-permanently assigned to a location, for Japan some of those are APAC region IPs, some had to be reused from somewhere else. Any changes to this may happen in chunks of a /24 at least, and in a matter of ~hours. It's not like they can reroute a single IP from New York instantly when you want to create a VPS.

Do you mean that vultr have some APNIC IPs for the JP location? Do you just need to create VPSes until you get one? One of my main reasons for using linode over them was actual APNIC IPs.

Edit: Nevermind, seems to just be correctly set geolocation with maxmind, IPs are still ARIN though.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited March 2017

Setsura said: Do you mean that vultr have some APNIC IPs for the JP location?

Yes: http://bgp.he.net/net/43.224.32.0/22#_whois
    http://bgp.he.net/net/103.43.72.0/22#_whois

• SetsuraSetsura Member
    edited March 2017

@rm_ said:

Setsura said: Do you mean that vultr have some APNIC IPs for the JP location?

Yes: http://bgp.he.net/net/43.224.32.0/22#_whois

Guess I have to try harder to get one then, they are only giving me ARIN ones so far.

Edit: well, I've destroyed and remade about 10 machines now, still haven't got anything from an APNIC block. They must not give those to the new 2.5 USD plan or something. Maybe I'll try to automate the process later on with their API.

• BG32BG32 Member

btw if you wanna spend $2 a month, you can reserve the correct ip for your location and just use that for future deploys

• SetsuraSetsura Member
    edited March 2017

@BG32 said:
    btw if you wanna spend $2 a month, you can reserve the correct ip for your location and just use that for future deploys

It says 3USD a month, also you can't delete the IP for 24 hours after creation so it isn't very productive to fish for the right IP with those, and they cost more than the VPS itself.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@kcaj said:
    Caption contest anybody?

She might make me deploy in less than 60 seconds.

I'd like to have her mount my custom ISO.

I bet she's got a feature-rich control panel.

Does she do hourly billing?

Bummer...currently available only in New Jersey.

• WSSWSS Member

@raindog308 said:
    Bummer...currently available only in New Jersey.

• @assassindotcom said:
    hello! 口羊口羊

My mouth is very sheep sheep.

• Dextronox said:

assassindotcom said:
    hello! 口羊口羊

My mouth is very sheep sheep.

Actually, I think that refers to 咩, the sound of sheep.

• AmitzAmitz Member

Whatever it refers to, I deleted it.

• @kcaj said:
    Caption contest anybody?

deploy ze VultrFace

Thanked by 1Amitz
  • BG32BG32 Member

@Setsura said:

@BG32 said:

It says 3USD a month, also you can't delete the IP for 24 hours after creation so it isn't very productive to fish for the right IP with those, and they cost more than the VPS itself.

Its not to fish. once you have found an ip that actually points to your location you then save it