Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Official Q/A - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Official Q/A

Comments

• upfreakupfreak Member

RIP jarhead you must be tired eating s**t all day. Hint: Try the next link

• upfreakupfreak Member

ryanarp said: It seems your not understanding the concept.

Are you trying to help your trollbot or you are reiterating that "CATALYSTHOST SUCKS"

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@peppr Did you seriously just say that? Bahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Well that narrows your age range.

• DavidxDavidx Member
    edited May 2013

This reminds me of an episode of the Twilight Zone.. you know..the one where everyone is paranoid and turns on each other.

• ryanarpryanarp Member, Patron Provider

@peppr said: Are you trying to help your trollbot or you are reiterating that "CATALYSTHOST SUCKS"

lol, take your pick :)

• @mpkossen said: SysAdmin said: CVPS employees have been regularly banned for misbehavior.

For me this proves they're not biased.

Except magically every CPVS employee that was banned, has been unbanned after a brief time. RIP pubcrawler.

• KrisKris Member

MrObvious said: Except magically every CPVS employee that was banned, has been unbanned after a brief time. RIP pubcrawler.

You don't keep one of your own banned - See last entry : http://web.archive.org/web/20081031113318/http://vsnx.net/directory.pdf

• TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited May 2013

mpkossen said: I seriously don't get where all the hate comes from. I know the secrecy part may not have been a smart move, but since they've been involved for months, there's nothing that changes now but the knowledge that they are involved.

@mpkossen

The hate comes from the people who put a lot of time and effort into this community thinking they were helping the community. In the end, what was really happening, was putting money in CCs pockets while allowing them to pick who actually got posted on LEB, and a vast amount of them being CC hosts (Yet again, putting money in their pockets). There is a reason LowEndAdmin didn't outright sell LEB/LET to begin with, it is because he believed it should be run as a community, not a blood thirsty business like WHT.

Obviously this has changed and now this forum is "officially" a business instead of a community. People may stick around, but other than the youngsters and new comers I think you will see a change in a lot of peoples participation here. You young people are acting like its nothing because you do not really have any of your own time truly invested to a point where you can understand the difference between a "community" and a "business" run forum, likely most of you are used to WHT and probably don't care as long as you are able to make money off the people that come here.

This used to be a haven for people to come to to learn about "VPS" and "Cloud" and other technologies that were up and coming, as well as being able to compete to fit the most in the least. A lot of people hit it on the nose when they recently started discussing the fact that it is now "how much resources can I get for $7.00." This was not the original intent of this forum or the LEB blog. It is likely some of the moderators here would have liked to have kept it that way, however, CC ushered in the idea with the help of CVPS and all of their 'crazy' deals.

Now we have a forum full of people asking about how they can setup torrents to download warez, or wanting to trade their usenet accounts (to leech illegal materials most likely) for VPS account. People come here and openly discuss how to get on private trackers, etc, etc. This is not what this forum was about, it is however what the commercialization of this community has allowed.

Honestly, I will probably still lurk around here some, but I do not see this place improving anytime soon. Also, no matter what bull CC wants to spew here, they know what they did was wrong, and in the end they truly owe the people of this community a very serious and formal apology. They likely won't, because they have no scruples, but it is what they should do.

TL; DR:

This was a community of Linux/Unix and virtualization enthusiasts, now it is just another commercial advertising machine like WHT. The community members were lied to, and what ColoCrossing did was wrong, even the so called lies of omission. "No buddy directly asked me" and other cop outs. They should apology formally to the community members who worked so hard here to keep this place a great place to be as well as for lying and being unscrupulous. Do I think they will, probably not.

Cheers!

• Let's start fresh now...

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

Well seeing as it's not on record anymore. I have refunded @Liam the money he paid for a VPS that was won in the LET free VPS competition. This was done because as far as I am aware he did not get any compensation for running this competition and the money was out of his own pocket.

• mnpeepmnpeep Member

Jack said: Anyone interested in who runs this now:

Which one of them is Alex?

• mnpeepmnpeep Member

Jack said: Second from right Jon is second from left

Alright, first one to make a meme gets LETpoints.

• mnpeepmnpeep Member

Jack said: Don't want to get banned tar you can tho

Bah, looking at how others got banned, we should be banned by now... And why did @SysAdmin stop answering questions? >_>

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep

mnpeep said: Bah, looking at how others got banned, we should be banned by now... And why did @SysAdmin stop answering questions? >_>

He got banned.

• zfedorazfedora Member

@mnpeep said: Bah, looking at how others got banned, we should be banned by now... And why did @SysAdmin stop answering questions? >_>

He ran out of answers

• mnpeepmnpeep Member

zfedora said: He ran out of answers

Yeah... still waiting for those figures.

• AsadAsad Member
    WELCOME BACK
  • This Sucks!
  • InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep
    edited May 2013
    The theme does but it will be changed (sooner or later at least). :)
  • vanarpvanarp Member
    Why not lift the categories above the Ads?
  • NoermanNoerman Member
    I don't have ads, it hidden btw.
  • ConnorConnor Member
    edited May 2013
    <object width="223" height="226" data="http://i.qkme.me/362ar6.jpg"></object>
  • jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran
    We're actively working to get the old theme back. ETA is about 48 hours.
  • vanarpvanarp Member
    @jbiloh would be cool if you issue an official announcement about LET is back up and running instead of using these stale threads
  • xBytezxBytez Member
    edited May 2013
    Do you like Dubstep?
  • alexalex Member
    who the fuck and for what reason keeps deleting topics?
  • wdqwdq Member
    I wonder how long this installation will last.
  • vanarpvanarp Member
    @jbiloh

ideally the issues occurring on LET should also be occurring on Vanilla's other premium customer sites too, correct? If yes, why would they give more attention to a new customer like LET is my doubt..
  • LeeLee Veteran
    Have you seen their prices to host a forum with this many hits? I would want their entire team on this :P
  • vanarpvanarp Member
    @W1V_Lee

>Have you seen their prices to host a forum with this many hits?

I was thinking same... So much for another zPanel like s/w...

> I would want their entire team on this

Only if the hacker excused their other premium customers hooked to internet