Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Official Q/A - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Official Q/A

Comments

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep

Jack said: @SysAdmin said: I answered on WHT regarding EOR, that I will not comment on them for legal reasons.

That's not an answer :)

Jack said: Can you link to post please I must of missed it.

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showpost.php?p=8686662&postcount=55

• BradNDBradND Member

Are you going to announce that people should change passwords? via email

• SpencerSpencer Member

SysAdmin said: Who has a question that I haven't already answered on the WHT thread?

mnpeep said: Spencer said: How much do you make a month off of LET/LEB?

Adduc said: Do you know how the site was comprised at this point in time?

vld said: Why are our old passwords still working, why wasn't there a forced password change?

SysAdmin said: Who has a question that I haven't already answered on the WHT thread?

There ya go.

• nunim said: Why was the community not informed of the change in ownership? At least after the sale took place.

There was no reason for announcing it. It's an asset that we own. Businesses make acquisitions all the time without announcing the fact.

The community is primarily operated by Liam. He gets support as needed.

• mnpeepmnpeep Member

SysAdmin said: I answered on WHT regarding EOR, that I will not comment on them for legal reasons.

Can you please stop ignoring the questions I have presented to you?

• BradNDBradND Member

@Jack already been leaked.

• debugdebug Member

SysAdmin said: The community is primarily operated by Liam. He gets support as needed.

So what about that thanks button that pretty much everyone requested back?

Jack said: Why? All passwords were hashed and I don't think you can download a full DB can you?

I think they just use one-time hash.

• unusedunused Member

Was the DB server hacked/potentially leaked?

• Spencer said: Spencer said: How much do you make a month off of LET/LEB?

Not very much. I wish I could say it was a lot, but it's a small property for us.

Spencer said: Adduc said: Do you know how the site was comprised at this point in time?

Through an exploit due to old forum software.

Spencer said: Why are our old passwords still working, why wasn't there a forced password change?

I will look into that. I recommend you obviously change your password if you haven't already.

• mnpeep said: Can you please stop ignoring the questions I have presented to you?

What have I missed?

• unusedunused Member

@SysAdmin

Can you start offering some LET advertising promotions/discounts for CC customers?

• SpencerSpencer Member

SysAdmin said: Not very much. I wish I could say it was a lot, but it's a small property for us.

You are in charge of ads, so a $ amount please

• mnpeepmnpeep Member

SysAdmin said: Not very much. I wish I could say it was a lot, but it's a small property for us.

'a lot' is a relative term, let's talk figures.

SysAdmin said: What have I missed?

Where's Liam in all this?

• nunimnunim Member
    edited May 2013

SysAdmin said: There was no reason for announcing it. It's an asset that we own. Businesses make acquisitions all the time without announcing the fact.

The community is primarily operated by Liam. He gets support as needed.

Fair enough, but you and I both know, a user driven community is not a typical business and we can all see the potential for conflict of interest, even if it did not in fact occur.

http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/252502#Comment_252502

Is Stepahnie a colo-crossing employee?

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

Well he is in for a wakeup call

• SpencerSpencer Member

And why does @Liam act like @chief is still around? Unless he is that out of the loop. But being an admin idk...

• You know guys, at the end of the day you can witch hunt us, but I won't understand why. We've kept the community going as a silent partner for some time with the primary person involved didn't wish to operate it anymore. We helped the community with free service before that.

Tons of our customers host you guys, and we're big into the market and supporting it. We're not a colossal, evil empire like your making us out to be. As much as Darth Vader is my favorite character of all time, I won't ever be him.

Is this just becuase we haven't enabled IPV6 yet?

• raidzraidz Member

@SysAdmin I have been a longtime lurker here (way before you purchased LEB/LET) and I have to say that you either don't have a handle on your underlings who manage this place or you are an asshole (I can't really think of a better word at this moment). There have been NUMEROUS threads/comments asking about CC owning LEB/LET. No, I am not going to waste my time tracking them down, but for you to say nobody ever e-mailed YOU asking if YOU owned this place is such garbage and you know it. If people here knew to e-mail you, they might have, I didn't know who you were until this whole dramafest happened. There have been so many times your employees or admins or whoever moderates and runs this place had the chance to own up to it and admit to CC owning this place but have not. I have a very uneasy feeling about this whole thing. No, I don't have any questions for you because you will probably dodge them with some unproductive one line sentence response like the WHT thread.

Also, the banner on leb is misleading. lowendbox.com is not just hosted by you guys but owned by you guys. Conflict of interest. Seriously..

• BradNDBradND Member

SysAdmin said: Is this just becuase we haven't enabled IPV6 yet?

>

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

• SpencerSpencer Member

@SysAdmin Who is Stephanie Jourgen?

• mnpeepmnpeep Member

SysAdmin said: You know guys, at the end of the day you can witch hunt us, but I won't understand why. We've kept the community going as a silent partner for some time with the primary person involved didn't wish to operate it anymore. We helped the community with free service before that.

Tons of our customers host you guys, and we're big into the market and supporting it. We're not a colossal, evil empire like your making us out to be. As much as Darth Vader is my favorite character of all time, I won't ever be him.

Can you please stop ignoring my questions? I thought this thread was made to answer them, not circle around them.

• @raidz

That's fine, but there has been a greater number of CC hate threads and posts on here, you know that for a fact. Not one comment from myself defending the companies honor or fighting with anyone.

• debug said: So what about that thanks button that pretty much everyone requested back?

You mean the one that literally takes 5 seconds to turn on. I saw it. One button "Enable" and it would be running again.

• mnpeep said: Can you please stop ignoring my questions? I thought this thread was made to answer them, not circle around them.

If you must know, go to the BSA site and then drop 25% off the top of that, plus taxes, plus merchant fees, plus employee expenses, plus operational cost. What is left over from that is not very much.

• mnpeepmnpeep Member
    edited May 2013

SysAdmin said: If you must know, go to the BSA site and then drop 25% off the top of that, plus taxes, plus merchant fees, plus employee expenses, plus operational cost. What is left over from that is not very much.

I said figures. I would like to have some transparency here.

• raidzraidz Member

SysAdmin said: That's fine, but there has been a greater number of CC hate threads and posts on here, you know that for a fact. Not one comment from myself defending the companies honor or fighting with anyone.

You might have avoided that and gotten past what is happening now if you just came out and set things straight. I have no idea why you chose today, after the hack and why you all have been hiding it so much. and you know you were.

• TheLinuxBug said: You mean the one that literally takes 5 seconds to turn on. I saw it. One button "Enable" and it would be running again.

I'll have a discussion with Liam, I honestly don't know why it's not on.

• nunimnunim Member

SysAdmin said: Tons of our customers host you guys, and we're big into the market and supporting it. We're not a colossal, evil empire like your making us out to be. As much as Darth Vader is my favorite character of all time, I won't ever be him.

Yes. Maybe this was the motivation you needed to at least roll out on a site by site basis....

We don't think you're building a death star, yet.... This site is supposed to be unbiased but that's difficult when it's run by one of the key players in the market.