Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Official Q/A - Page 11
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Official Q/A

15678911»

Comments

• @jbiloh said:
    The boys at Vanilla pushed it back another few days, grrr. We're applying maximum pressure.

I'll be happy when stuff is back at CC and we have full control again. As much as I like Vanilla, this whole happening isn't exactly an ad for them...

• Seriously? Where did nl2br go? -.-

These vanilla "boys" seem like a few wankers without a clue what they're doing

• nocomnocom Member

11 pages
    no programmers here, just running in the circle and smoke posts from Biloh and Co. About 30 days , just asking myself when downhill driving will start.

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

@nocom said:
    11 pages
    no programmers here, just running in the circle and smoke posts from Biloh and Co. About 30 days , just asking myself when downhill driving will start.

Pardon?

• nocomnocom Member

Official Q/A have 11 pages

@erhwegesrgsr said:
    These vanilla "boys" seem like a few wankers without a clue what they're doing

->no programmers here, just running in the circle.

To much time without restoring old look and Thanks buton and literally

you can Flag before Quote and lets Disagree to
    Agree i don't Like design and how vanilla work now, also i dont like posts like yours ,,yes tomorow, next week, vanilla guys etc,, i expected more but you are acting almost like CVPS_Chris. That was the reason why i don't give value to your post, from start yes but not anymore.

My 2cents and 1$.

• IshaqIshaq Member

Stop complaining like you pay to use LowEndTalk. I hate it when people do this.

• nocomnocom Member

I guess you are payed per post and you don't like when someone post for free or you are Universal Thinking manager here.

Stop complaining like you payed to stop Official Q/A posting about LowEndTalk - i made one post , one comment to @erhwegesrgsr post and give answer to Pardon request from Biloh.
    Just use Disagree button and you can LOL later if i started something wrong here.

• While there are a few lingering issues with the theme, sigs, post buttons, etc., nothing is really a showstopper. I'm sure these things will get fixed when the techs get around to it... maybe we should send them some :)

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

We're happy to have ya Nocom. Even if you don't have nice things to say.

The skin/theme is a work in progress and remains top priority.

• TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited June 2013

So what is the policy here on warez and piracy? I take it by the continuous creation of threads discussing it and the failure of the moderation team to do anything about it, that ColoCrossing thinks it is ok?

https://lowendtalk.vanillaforums.com/discussion/comment/283969
    https://lowendtalk.vanillaforums.com/discussion/11189/i-am-not-able-to-use-the-bittorrent-client-it-says-the-ports-are-closed

Cheers!

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited June 2013

Oh, @TheLinuxBug you again? At some point you will just need to get over it instead try to use all kind of fake arguments to prove your own point all the time lately. You're not happy about something in your life? I understand, life is not perfect. But what warez, what piracy at LET? Is this really out of sudden lowendtalk problem? Even your two poor examples don't hold water.

As example you linked this thead https://lowendtalk.vanillaforums.com/discussion/11189/i-am-not-able-to-use-the-bittorrent-client-it-says-the-ports-are-closed Do you see something illegal here? Anyone? Because I don't. Oh wait, someone use Bittorrent and that's illegal, correct? Well, I have news for you.
    Bittorrent is not illegal. There are plenty of legitimate uses for it. For instance most of the Linux distros are distributed with Bittorrent. Patches for games like World of Warcraft use Bittorrent for distribution, etc. and yet you're screaming "wareeeez", "piraaaacy..." just because someone mention Bittorrent?

My point is that you're complaining for the sake of complaining on regular basis lately and no matter what we do or what we don't do - it won't makes you happy. It just won't! Maybe, just maybe you should gather your torches and pitchforks and go to vacations for some time? Just like many of us do when we are sick and tired of everything. Trust me - you will feel better.

Cheers!

• Torrents != Piracy

Depends on the context and you know it. Just like at the end of the thread, after I said something here, someone made a blatant disclaimer about it. Tell me though, when people are talking about "torrents" and "private trackers" this doesn't scream "warez" to you? Who needs a "private tracker" for legal software?

I got all the cheese you need to go with the wine too, just at this point it has become redundant enough to not be "cheesy" any longer.

Cheers!

• @TheLinuxBug said:
    Who needs a "private tracker" for legal software?

People who don't want the climate of public trackers, i.e. leechers? Most "private" trackers are only private in that you have to keep a minimum seed ratio (and that you have to be invited so they don't get tons of people who sign up over and over when their account gets disabled for leeching).

• Why do you allow CSS in signatures?

• @Bogdacutuu said:
    Why do you allow CSS in signatures?

Good question, they should really disable it. People could do some seriously annoying stuff with it

• BogdacutuuBogdacutuu Member
    edited June 2013

@gsrdgrdghd said:
    Good question, they should really disable it. People could do some seriously annoying stuff with it

That's not the only problem. If you change position:fixed from absolute in the div in my signature, the entire page gets its background changed.

Edit: They just removed all signatures. :P

• Still abusable. :P