Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

URPad support Odyssey - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

URPad support Odyssey

Comments

• ATHKATHK Member

Seems very suss.

@NewEye

Nodes get sold out, oh no.. that chat looks like things have been removed, Nick is actually really good and quick at support.

The billing no longer uses SSL, you should know this as they have been upgrading the billing processes.

You probably didn't get a refund, because there is nothing wrong, if you want a refund for a node not having a slot .. you've got to be pretty dumb.

@NewEye said: I buy my experience with $49.95: don't even give urpad.net a try!

I can't see any $49.95 deals on the website at all.

I've got 20 VPS's with UrPad.net at this moment and I don't have any issues at all..

• seriesnseriesn Member

Smells fishy and I do not see any fish.

• @jarland said: So now we have two signups purely to post negative reviews about urpad. Then they disappear when asked for a ticket number.

They aren't new signups though, at least not NewEye. Signed up in March 21 according to history. Whilst they haven't posted, it doesn't mean they are new. A lot of people do read and not post. Who knows.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited May 2013

I'm sure you can change the signup date in the admin panel or database. This is beyond childish.

• concerto49concerto49 Member
    edited May 2013

@jarland said: I'm sure you can change the signup date in the admin panel or database. This is beyond childish.

@jarland are you saying that an admin/mod/etc changed it? I can't change mine. Another conspiracy theory? Wouldn't that be the same as saying LET/LEB posting fake reviews?

edited May 2013

I see the signs everywhere and if you don't you're trying not to.

• ZRBLOGZRBLOG Member

I have a ticket, 18 hours later, no reply.

• ATHKATHK Member
    edited May 2013

@ZRBLOG can you please supply a screenshot of the ticket and the time?

• ZRBLOGZRBLOG Member
    edited May 2013

@ATHK Yes, of course.
    !(ticket)

[Updated]Now,Dennis Ross | | Staff
    Replied my ticket.

I would call @ZRBLOG's report legitimate. Those other two I'm unbelievably suspicious of.

• ATHKATHK Member
    edited May 2013

@ZRBLOG thanks! That's disappointing.

Do you mind me asking what the issue is? I find if I ask something trivial such as the server won't boot or low IO they won't answer until it has been resolved or they have a definite answer to the issue.

• @zrblog, whats your ticket number so that I may look into your claim.

Thanks,

Looks like 410995

• edited May 2013

@jarland said: Looks like 410995

Yeah, found it right before you posted that.

20 minutes later he go a response:

05/12/2013 05:12 Initial question.
    05/12/2013 23:00 He updated, not us. Unaccapetable amount of time has passed now.
    05/12/2013 23:20 Our response (To which he gave 5 stars for the answer)
    05/12/2013 23:25 His response.

In regards to another brand, not URPad directly. The issue being regarding the SSL on the site is broken due to moving from one server to a new one. I don't have access to fix such a thing though it's already been reported.

• laaevlaaev Member

@Jarland,

let's not jump to conclusions here, URPad recently got bought out so complaints are usually normal after takeovers of companies (and I can say this from personal experience when my past employer acquired VMPort etc), this is because the new management may run things differently than usual, and I assume they must of let go of the outsourced 24x7 support team since @ZRBLOG didn't get a response in over 30 minutes. It'll definitely be a rough ride for the next few weeks for URPad due to the takeover but I am confident they'll iron out the problems and be sailing smoothly soon. I have personally worked with Randal multiple times when URPad was a customer of ServerSavior, good guy and it looks like hes working as upper management for URPad now, I have no doubt that he is committed and will change the company around for the better.

As for @NewEye's review, it definitely rang a bell and a Google Search confirmed my assumption. I would say its legitimate, but its obviously a disgruntled customer just copy/pasting this on forums as he posted it on WHT before. He has been a member of WHT since May 2008, but then again only 1 post as well. I assume he just lurks around multiple forums like WHT/LET: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1249164

Sheez. No one can share experiences about a company on LET without being suspected as a shill these days. Let's give everyone a chance to respond with some proof.

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

Judging from the ticket, it does seem it was Sunday. Different businesses handle weekend support differently than others.

• ZRBLOGZRBLOG Member
    edited May 2013

@MannDude Thank you for your reply.

edited May 2013

@CVPS_Adam Not jumping to conclusions without anything of value. This has a certain smell to it and you can't deny it. I'll shut my mouth now, but you know that I always know more than I say. I wouldn't be quick to call someone childish that I'd settled my differences with if I didn't think something was really wrong with this picture that undermines the entire value of one of the few sites I enjoy.

• laaevlaaev Member

@Jarland,

I don't smell anything, look at how many negative comments VMPort got when it got acquired (this is just an example). This is completely normal when you acquire a company, especially for the size of URPad.

• @Fliphost said: Judging from the ticket, it does seem it was Sunday. Different businesses handle weekend support differently than others.

24/7 Support is 24/7 Support otherwise don't advertise it. We purposely hire multiple people around the globe just to make this true. It costs.

• ZRBLOGZRBLOG Member

Thanks all.
    In fact, we all know the k-disk.net subordinate URPAD, it has a lot of days can not login (SSL error), so I chose to submit a ticket to the URPAD expect them to solve this problem.

Now, Curtis M. Reply my ticket, really good, I hope they can really solve this problem tomorrow.

• edited May 2013

@Fliphost said: Judging from the ticket, it does seem it was Sunday. Different businesses handle weekend support differently than others.

While this is true for our Sales/Billing, we do also include 24/7 support. Some delays may be expected initially as new support staff is trained. Being Sunday, I had today off although I can see an increase in tickets so I am helping the new staff out right now.

@ZRBLOG said: @MannDude Thank you for your reply.

No problem. This should be resolved for you tomorrow when management is available, as I do not have the required access to resolve this. I do apologize for the delay. You're certainly not the first to report this. In reality it should have been on the checklist while moving, though everyone has been quite busy as I am sure you can imagine and appears to have been overlooked.

Stick around though, we've got some great stuff lined up for URPad customers! If you're not already, check out my signature and you may win some cool prizes. Gave a $100 gift card yesterday, and today $150 account credit. We've got electronics and even a 60" Samsung Plasma screen TV!

• ATHKATHK Member

@MannDude US only right? :(

• @ATHK said: @MannDude US only right? :(

US only what? The contest? If so, I'd ask on our Facebook page as I am not 100% sure.

• ATHKATHK Member

@MannDude, sorry should've specified that..

• CVPS_ChrisCVPS_Chris Member, Patron Provider

@Jarland,

Please don't bring me into this. I was enjoying my day with my mother and did not get on the computer once today except for my post earlier and right now.

You are just feeding the fire that we briefly talked about via email. You should know better.

edited May 2013

I don't want to feed that fire. Let this place retain it's value by not tainting it with false content. That's all I ask. No one loses by those terms, everyone wins in dollar signs.

• CVPS_ChrisCVPS_Chris Member, Patron Provider
    edited May 2013

@jarland said: Let this place retain it's value by not tainting it with false content

I completely agree, yet your accusing me of writing fake reviews? Talk about false content.

edited May 2013

I'd rather leave it with what I last said and drop it on that note. If I explain myself here I will have damaged the value of the site myself.

This discussion has been closed.