Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

hostsolutions.ro terminated my service - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

hostsolutions.ro terminated my service

Comments

• @ad02 said:
    @cociu dutem pula!

This is my opinion.

Google Translate tells me that wasn't very civil either.

• PremiumNPremiumN Member
    edited January 2017

People like @cociu disgust me on many levels.

First of all, he does not know how to respect his clients. Sure, this client may be the one at fault, but the way you behave is absolutely toxic.

Secondly, why swear so much? Be a real man and use proper words to express you points of view rather than being a little coward and using insulting language. Dont be so low.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@willie said:

@ad02 said:
    @cociu dutem pula!

This is my opinion.

My translation was rather meaningless. What did you get?

• @jarland

Indeed, I did. Because they are, with all due respect irrelevant. Let me explain:

That punk ad0 started a hunt and a private war against cociu. He wanted war, he wanted to create maximum trouble so as to blackmail cociu into tolerating the punks games. That's what this was, an attempt to blackmail - and it worked.

Now think well and long. Is that really what you want? This is watering hole for both customers and providers. If you tolerate one rat biting and blackmailing providers soon many more will follow and poison the water.

Moreover cociu is bringing life into the LET party. He dared a lot, he achieved a lot, he tried new models, he is always open to custom deals and he, I'm certain of that, be the first to help you out if you ever needed help. And he has a lot of happy customers - for a reason.

And you ban him?

We all make error from time to time. This here is yours. Smart people, however, correct their errors.

@bsdguy said:
    @jarland

Indeed, I did. Because they are, with all due respect irrelevant. Let me explain:

That punk ad0 started a hunt and a private war against cociu. He wanted war, he wanted to create maximum trouble so as to blackmail cociu into tolerating the punks games. That's what this was, an attempt to blackmail - and it worked.

Now think well and long. Is that really what you want? This is watering hole for both customers and providers. If you tolerate one rat biting and blackmailing providers soon many more will follow and poison the water.

Moreover cociu is bringing life into the LET party. He dared a lot, he achieved a lot, he tried new models, he is always open to custom deals and he, I'm certain of that, be the first to help you out if you ever needed help. And he has a lot of happy customers - for a reason.

And you ban him?

We all make error from time to time. This here is yours. Smart people, however, correct their errors.

No. I will not tolerate his behavior. I think it's absurd that you would ask me to, and calls into question your motives.

Thanked by 3Yura JasperNL KillaKev
  • busbrbusbr Member
    edited January 2017

@jarland said:

@willie said:

@ad02 said:
    @cociu dutem pula!

This is my opinion.

Google Translated would autocorrect it to "dute-n pula" once you switch to Romanian

@busbr said:

@jarland said:

@willie said:

@ad02 said:
    @cociu dutem pula!

This is my opinion.

Google Translated would autocorrect it to "dute-n pula" once you switch to Romanian

Seems this was someone else pretending to be both the OP and the provider. I deleted one other post of theirs that made the second claim. No clear link to either.

• Damn, we never found out how the sister fitted into all of this

Thanked by 2MikeA berkay
  • If I have to chose between standing for what I feel is right and being here, that's an easy decision, in case you want to ban me too.

Because that's what I understand your doubting my motives to mean.

My motives are in any case not what you seem to think. I had no contact whatsoever with cociu about this, he did not ask me whatsoever, I'm not getting payed either in money or in service or whatever.

My motive is a) justice and b) LET not being harmed (yes, I like that crazy little place here). And that's what you are just doing. From what I see you are harming LET because what happened today tell all punks to go for it; if only they drive the provider crazy enough they will win.

edited January 2017

@bsdguy said:
    If I have to chose between standing for what I feel is right and being here, that's an easy decision, in case you want to ban me too.

Because that's what I understand your doubting my motives to mean.

My motives are in any case not what you seem to think. I had no contact whatsoever with cociu about this, he did not ask me whatsoever, I'm not getting payed either in money or in service or whatever.

My motive is a) justice and b) LET not being harmed (yes, I like that crazy little place here). And that's what you are just doing. From what I see you are harming LET because what happened today tell all punks to go for it; if only they drive the provider crazy enough they will win.

Can you show me what the OP said that justified the rage filled rant in response, and suddenly turns said rage filled response into appropriate behavior based on the rules here?

Go ahead, I'll wait. Your bias is incredibly apparent here. You've seen something in this thread that isn't here. The OP has actually been rather mature in all of his posts, whether he is wrong or not.

• @jarland

No need. Because I didn't assert that cociu behaved like a nun. I myself though "Fuck, Marius, why do you allow that little shit punk to provoke you into that. Stay cool!".

But it should also be noted that you banned cociu right after he said that he would respond/comment any more.

So, banning him was anyway wrong/too much. Especially as you did not ban that ad0 punk.

@ad0 You won. Now go and tell all the other rats that at LET one just needs to cry loud enough and to play dirty enough to blackmail any provider to be at your will.

• I don't have an exact translation but I think I got the general drift.

Imho ad0 should also be banned. Cociu can sleep off whatever it is, take some aspirin in the morning and hopefully come back in better shape.

I did not ban @ad0 because I do not ban people based on LET members ganging up on them to decide their fate. I gave @cociu a 24 hour ban for taking a shit on the forum that I admin.

@ad0 kept his cool in EVERY post in this thread. The only common factors for negative opinions of him in this thread amount to shared disagreement with his perspective, and shared respect for @cociu. I'm sorry, but forum moderation is not a boys club. I'm not going to pat the offender on the back and rail against the other person simply because a few members here have preferences in who should be held to what standards.

While I admit to having biases and I always seek to be aware of them, in order to keep them from effecting my actions, I have the benefit of having no feelings toward either the OP or the provider here. I am being asked, by you @bsdguy, to administrate this forum based on your bias instead. I will do no such thing, end of story.

• @bsdguy I'm a subscriber of hostsolutions and I like Marius and his quirky posts as much as the next guy. Jarland has only given him a much needed time out to stop him going too far. He'll be back soon I'm sure. I doubt the pissed of customer will though.

• @jarland said:
    I am being asked, by you @bsdguy, to administrate this forum based on your bias instead. I will do no such thing, end of story.

Bullshit. I did not ask you to act according to my private standards. I asked you - politely and explaining myself - to act according to the best interest of LET.

end of story

Yes, massa sahib, sir. Indeed.

@cociu

Should you ever wish to create some watering hole for dedi and/or vps hosters, let me know. You'll have my support.

to act according to the best interest of LET.

Well then, in that case, done. I can say without a doubt that I've done so fairly having observed the data and compared it to the forum rules.

• bsdguybsdguy Member
    edited January 2017

@alaningus said:
    @bsdguy I'm a subscriber of hostsolutions and I like Marius and his quirky posts as much as the next guy. Jarland has only given him a much needed time out to stop him going too far. He'll be back soon I'm sure. I doubt the pissed of customer will though.

I'm less sure but I certainly hope, @cociu will return.

24 hrs? Me not know about that. All I know is that he got banned for some unknown time.

P.S. As for the punk, I actually hope he'll return. He might become my favourite toy, the sort that breaks.

All I know is that he got banned for some unknown time

I think that explains our disconnect. You're a bit of a speed reader I think. You might be missing some things.

@ad0 I leave the decision to you whether or not I close this thread. Should you desire that, I would prefer it. However, I do not want to silence you here. I may not agree with your premise in this thread, but you've done nothing to warrant moderator action against you.

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited January 2017

jarland said: I mean if it's something like verified credit card fraud I'd have nothing to say in favor of the user's privacy as the user doesn't exist as a customer, the identity you have on file isn't going to take interest in that user's privacy. Just using up the port though, from a client that is communicating with you about it, I couldn't bring myself to look the other way on that.

Using the port for public (even accidental, FXP abused servers were also accidents...) warez is... kind of different from 24/7 950Mbit inbound speedtest. Both in cost (inbound free/95% out higher), abuse to ISP and abuse to other users (which, likely, also mostly use outbound).

Legal wise even arguing that OVZ does not provide any protection and the customer cannot assume this either should work; protection of your company from possible exploitation (because, again, container VT and you can + need to look inside) flies for sure. On KVM... harder.

• Houston_Datum said: All publicity is not good publicity live and learn

Any kind of publicity is good publicity, even if its drama its preads like a plague.

WSS said: I still want to know about that sister.

hehe

Thanked by 1MSPNick

Another 24h ban was handed out as a result of this thread, as the user @bsdguy decided to harass @ad0 on his user profile wall.

This is simply unacceptable. I'm not sure if there's something in the water tonight. On top of this, someone keeps signing up for new accounts pretending to be @cociu to make it look like he's evading the ban, to make it permanent. Using LeaseWeb VPN IPs.

You're better than this, LET :)

• xrzxrz Member
    edited January 2017

nice drama show u got there ... ittsssssss showtimeee, oops not popcorntimeee, really sorry so once again bantimeee ^_^...

• For how long has cocui been banned.
    As I see it is for him to pull his self together.

• ad0ad0 Member
    edited January 2017

Sir @jarland thanks for your fair Opinion.

Let me continue:

@cociu said:

ad0 said: ad0

to be verry clear , i will not comment more here because i play with my time and your money ...

you still have 10 hours to get your vps back ... if you can convice 10 providers to give you the reason and confirm you deserve to continue with your vps. also if you can do this i promised 1 year more for free . No future answers because we lost time and the life is a bitch.

In the above message he cociu actually want to make me suffer. I got 10hour for a very hard task but actually he still will not refund my money.

Here jarland LET (Administrator) show cociu he not honest he making dupilate ACC. He want to grab money + have good reputation.

edited January 2017

To be clear I have no evidence that @cociu made another account at any point. I do have evidence that whoever owns "greatvps.com" wants us to think @cociu opened multiple accounts so that we will extend his ban.

The WHOIS on that domain seems to correlate to a WHT post in 2010, possible it was sold years ago and that data never updated? That or someone named Lev is the one doing that.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • I'm honestly in no state to read the entire thread but cociu's outburst is abrupt and somewhat uncalled for. You're running a business and despite being a budget provider I'd always expect some sort of professionalism. Sure cociu is known for being somewhat quirky it doesn't excuse him from the public outlash he had earlier. If ANY member of this forum went on a tirade about a specific member I have confidence the moderation team would step in.

It's stressed here non-stop but this forum is not a providers support forum, if a client/supplier has issues with each other it's in their own interest to communicate to each other about it in private, once it's in a public medium like this each party is playing by someone elses rules.

So in this particular case, despite being biased and not knowing the entire truth I'm siding with Jarland. I like Cociu, he's a breath of fresh air to the forum but there needs to be a clear line where the moderation team can draw the line. Plus come'on guys it's a 24 hour ban, hardly the end of the world and if Cociu is as chilled as a bloke as he's seemed in the past he'll completely gloss over this incident and continue on.

Thanked by 3jar Dumbledore KillaKev
  • I just came here to check ban time. 24hrs seems appropriate 'cool-down'.

• ad0ad0 Member
    edited January 2017

Again if people did not read the full tread i made this tread because cociu requested. He has my money.

Not fully my fault. It is a yearly VPS: got it for less 5days after suspended for not a vaild reason. The first VPS ever happened for me like this.
    https://i.imgsafe.org/32b60843da.jpg

• @ad0 said:
    Again if people did not read the full tread
    https://i.imgsafe.org/32b60843da.jpg

The real travesty here my friend is that you have 10 thousand unread emails, like holy cow. How do you put up with the ever growing list.

Thanked by 2MikeA exception0x876
This discussion has been closed.