Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Online.net Special Deals - From 6.99 € - Page 8
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Online.net Special Deals - From 6.99 €

Comments

• SpacedustSpacedust Member
    edited January 2017

@david_W said:
    Okay.. final they let my account use PayPal, hope they have fixed the SATA2 bug.
    Turning back to Online again for a XC 1701.1, let's see what they have this time.

SATA2 bug is only in 2016 XC range based on their own production boards. These are all XC 2015 servers with enterprise class SuperMicro boards with real KVM and native SATA3.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • zrunnerzrunner Member
    edited January 2017

Just 3 days ago i cancelled 3 of my servers just keeping one with online.net and now they pull this special so..

I just replaced my old server with a 'LT DEALS 1701.1' which actually has the same specs as my current one but is 10€ (pre-tax) cheaper each month, but as this is a special it has no guarantee bandwidth.

For those wondering, you can't pay by paypal until you been a customer for 6 months or if its 1 year cant remember exactly.. but by then you can change your billing option from CC# over to paypal.

Also they do prorated billing so that's why your payment/invoice is so low because you're just paying for it until the first of february, on 1st feb they'll bill you again for the full month of feb (and thats how prorated works...)

Which forms of payments do you accept?

We accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express and SEPA.

How much bandwidth do you provide? What is the transfer limit?

Transfer is unlimited. There is no transfer limit but there is no guaranteed bandwidth either.

• Hmm my E3-1230v3 HDD seems to be 92MB/s on avg

• @Spacedust said:

@david_W said:
    Okay.. final they let my account use PayPal, hope they have fixed the SATA2 bug.
    Turning back to Online again for a XC 1701.1, let's see what they have this time.

SATA2 bug is only in 2016 XC range based on their own production boards. These are all XC 2015 servers with enterprise class SuperMicro boards with real KVM and native SATA3.

Real IPKVM?! Nice!! Can't wait to test it!

• datanoisedatanoise Member
    edited January 2017

INTEL SSDSC2BB16 is MLC while SAMSUNG PM871 is faster but TLC, right? Should both be considered as stable / secure in regard to risk of disk failure? (As there is no RAID possible with those little beasts)

Like which one would be better in real life server scenario?

• DrCornFlakesDrCornFlakes Member
    edited January 2017

These drives are on a escargot diet...

• so, in this offer the only way to get extra IP's is to buy /27 IP block?

• @yekta said:
    so, in this offer the only way to get extra IP's is to buy /27 IP block?

No, you can buy single IP's also, on the ordering page they are under the /27 blocks.

Thanked by 1yekta
  • Intel will last longer - to about 700 TB writes. Samsung will die after about 300 TB.

Thanked by 1datanoise
  • Spacedust said: Intel will last longer - to about 700 TB writes. Samsung will die after about 300 TB.

Interesting, thanks! Still quite some write in both cases. Not sure if you can really feel the speed difference between both in real use cases. A big difference regarding IOPS between those two drives?

• I ordered 2 x 1701.2. The first one have Intel SSDSC2BB16 with 160 GB and the other is Samsung MZ7LN128 with 120 GB.

Intel SSDSC2BB16:

I/O (1st run) : 159 MB/s I/O (2nd run) : 159 MB/s I/O (3rd run) : 160 MB/s Average I/O : 159.333 MB/s

Power on hours: 7531

Timing buffered disk reads: 708 MB in 3.01 seconds = 235.54 MB/sec

Samsung MZ7LN128:

I/O (1st run) : 132 MB/s I/O (2nd run) : 132 MB/s I/O (3rd run) : 133 MB/s Average I/O : 132.333 MB/s

Power on hours: 11155

Timing buffered disk reads: 1546 MB in 3.00 seconds = 515.21 MB/sec

Which would you keep? Intel or Samsung?

• @Wicked said:
    I ordered 2 x 1701.2. The first one have Intel SSDSC2BB16 with 160 GB and the other is Samsung MZ7LN128 with 120 GB.

Intel SSDSC2BB16:

I/O (1st run) : 159 MB/s I/O (2nd run) : 159 MB/s I/O (3rd run) : 160 MB/s Average I/O : 159.333 MB/s

Power on hours: 7531

Timing buffered disk reads: 708 MB in 3.01 seconds = 235.54 MB/sec

Samsung MZ7LN128:

I/O (1st run) : 132 MB/s I/O (2nd run) : 132 MB/s I/O (3rd run) : 133 MB/s Average I/O : 132.333 MB/s

Power on hours: 11155

Timing buffered disk reads: 1546 MB in 3.00 seconds = 515.21 MB/sec

Which would you keep? Intel or Samsung?

Intel, of course!

• I bought the HDD version and received the SSD version :(

• stefemanstefeman Member
    edited January 2017

@Falzo said:
    there are much more offers, esp. bigger servers which are far more interesting: https://www.online.net/en/winter-2017/sales

That E5 with 64GB and 2x3TB looks so tempting, but then I noticed that there are no failover IPs available for it lol. And even if there were, it would cost me 2.50 USD/m extra per IP.. The anti-ddos is also crap compared to OVH where you can set your own rules.

In short, OVH poland offer is far better than this for me even with inferior specs.. at least the failovers work without extra monthly fee.

• @Luke007 said:
    Is the bandwidth unmetered?

Yes!

• @mwak said:

@Luke007 said:

Yes!

Enjoy your 1Gbps port with 44Mbits/s speeds..

• @stefeman said:

@mwak said:

@Luke007 said:

Yes!

Means?

• WickedWicked Member
    edited January 2017

@stefeman said:

@mwak said:

@Luke007 said:

Yes!

Testing download speed................................................................................

Download: 842.16 Mbit/s

Testing upload speed....................................................................................................

Upload: 463.62 Mbit/s

€6,99/month.

• That saga already takes 5 pages in few hours and keeps counting :) nice

• "LT DEALS 1701.1" is gone

• Bloody hell - I canceled my previous servers with them and re-ordered after terminating.

• niknik Member, Host Rep

@mtsbatalha said:
    "LT DEALS 1701.1" is gone

Damn, only was able to get 5 of them.

• @nik said:

@mtsbatalha said:
    "LT DEALS 1701.1" is gone

Damn, only was able to get 5 of them.

Holy crap I just managed to get 3 myself

• Tried to cancel one of my two orders

Hello, unfortunately, it is not possible to refund your order. You can terminate it for the end of the month through your console :

• niknik Member, Host Rep

@oandt said:
    Tried to cancel one of my two orders

Hello, unfortunately, it is not possible to refund your order. You can terminate it for the end of the month through your console :

Cancel (Terminate) and Refund are two completely different things.

• sezingsezing Member, Host Rep

couldnt get any "LT DEALS 1701.1" :(

• fanfan Veteran

Got two xc 1tb, and then I considered the lt deal but it was gone way too sudden.

• WSSWSS Member

I don't feel so bad about sleeping in this morning. I would like some cheap #10 8G machines more than my buttload of pointless OVZs, but meh..

• DetruireDetruire Member
    edited January 2017

One appealing offer? Yes.
    Already sold out? Yes.

Typical online.net sale. :|

stefeman said: Enjoy your 1Gbps port with 44Mbits/s speeds..