Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Online.net Special Deals - From 6.99 € - Page 6
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Online.net Special Deals - From 6.99 €

Comments

• I've also bought one; xcdeals.1701.2

nice for testing, stress or not :)

• @willie said:

Yeah I agree the HDD Atom would have been perfect for your seedbox. Oh well.

I got one of the last ones, so no worries. No need to be sad for me :D

• vimalware said: If only they had a second private ethernet interface...

Oh look they do!

Are the private ethernets limited to one customer? Or can other people's machines be added? That would be the ultimate private tracker/seedbox...

• something is bothering me,
    benchmark on my XC 1701.2 SSD

System Info
    -----------
    Processor       : Intel(R) Atom(TM) CPU  C2750  @ 2.40GHz
    CPU Cores       : 8
    Frequency       : 1300.000 MHz
    Memory          : 7970 MB
    Swap            :  MB
    Uptime          : 47 min,

OS              : Ubuntu 16.04.1 LTS
    Arch            : x86_64 (64 Bit)
    Kernel          : 4.4.0-59-generic
    Hostname        : sd-83312

Speedtest (IPv4 only)
    ---------------------
    Your public IPv4 is 62.21

Location                Provider        Speed
    CDN                     Cachefly        102MB/s

Atlanta, GA, US         Coloat          7.58MB/s
    Dallas, TX, US          Softlayer       11.9MB/s
    Seattle, WA, US         Softlayer       10.1MB/s
    San Jose, CA, US        Softlayer       9.79MB/s
    Washington, DC, US      Softlayer       18.2MB/s

Tokyo, Japan            Linode          8.96MB/s
    Singapore               Softlayer       4.48MB/s

Rotterdam, Netherlands  id3.net         50.0MB/s
    Haarlem, Netherlands    Leaseweb        26.7MB/s

Disk Speed
    ----------
    I/O (1st run)   : 113 MB/s
    I/O (2nd run)   : 114 MB/s
    I/O (3rd run)   : 114 MB/s
    Average I/O     : 113.667 MB/s

Disk IO speed is really amazing for ssd.
    lucky upon me :(

• datanoisedatanoise Member
    edited January 2017

didtav said: Disk IO speed is really amazing for ssd. lucky upon me :(

YOU LUCKY BASTARD. GIMME THIS INTEL SSD IF IT'S TOO FAST FOR YA! ;-)

edit, on a serious note: consider that iops matters too, not only dd speed. If the drive is reliable, this speed can be more than fine for a server!

• I ordered the free DBaaS beta just for the heck of it. There was a pulldown for how many I wanted up to a pretty big number, but I only asked for 1.

How do they count "loyalty"? Is 2 servers for 1 year as loyal as 1 server for 2 years? Does Scaleway count? I've had Scaleway for over a year.

• @Falzo said:

@itgods said:
    Had a call with them. Yes, you can order failover IPs without the premium support crap. :)

thanks very much for clarifying... that quota +15 failover IP point with their support levels got me totally confused, 2 € per ip is much already...

gladly I actually can't think of any use that doesn't involve multiple IPs per server, so I hopefully can keep up resisting till they are sold out.

yet an E3 /w 32 GB for 20€ is tempting though ;-)

No problem bud! Don't forget the setup fee per IP! ;)

• What's the purpose of failover ip's, especially if you have just 1 server?

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • datanoisedatanoise Member
    edited January 2017

willie said: What's the purpose of failover ip's, especially if you have just 1 server?

They allow you to setup your own VPS summer-host, become millionaire, then enjoy life in a mansion in Bahamas. Not bad, isn't it?

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • I've never had an Online.net server before, so wanted to check with you - would you say it's safe to put my web-hosted clients there? Like, in terms of reliability?

• myhkenmyhken Member
    edited January 2017

Error: An error occurred, please try again later. If need be, you can contact our assistance.

LOL, can't cancel my new server....poor disk speed on the SSD

Disk Speed

I/O (1st run) : 132 MB/s I/O (2nd run) : 131 MB/s I/O (3rd run) : 131 MB/s Average I/O : 131.333 MB/s

• vaviloff said:

I've never had an Online.net server before, so wanted to check with you - would you say it's safe to put my web-hosted clients there

I've been on scaleway a while. I'd say online is ok but not top-tier. Maybe about like ovh. So ask yourself if you'd put your clients on ovh. I wouldn't put important ones there, but I'm fine putting my own stuff there.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited January 2017

arkoso said: Yeah, but 20x 3 euro = 60euro in month I dont need 32gb ram ;)

Well that's not 32, but rather 16GBx20 = 320 GB RAM just for 60 EUR :)

• @myhken said:
    Error: An error occurred, please try again later. If need be, you can contact our assistance.

Disk Speed

I/O (1st run) : 132 MB/s I/O (2nd run) : 131 MB/s I/O (3rd run) : 131 MB/s Average I/O : 131.333 MB/s

I am getting the same error, though I am cancelling for a different reason.

• RIYADRIYAD Member, Patron Provider
    edited January 2017

was late to get one :(

• vaviloff said: I've never had an Online.net server before, so wanted to check with you - would you say it's safe to put my web-hosted clients there? Like, in terms of reliability?

It's not bad. Consider that there is no guarantee on the network with these special offers.

• 1 TB atom back in stock friends!

• @Junkless said:

@myhken said:

Disk Speed

I am getting the same error, though I am cancelling for a different reason.

You must contact support TODAY, they cancel it for you

Thanked by 1myhken
  • There are more 1701.1s available for anyone that missed out the first time around!

• i got three 120 GB SSD for myself.

• so it is safe to assume they have fixed the SATA 2 bug on their XC boxes. I see mine is SATA 3

• @Dextronox said:
    There are more 1701.1s available for anyone that missed out the first time around!

Nice. And how many of the persons that missed it the first time will get one now. Or will they be back in an hour or two complaining how they missed it yet another time.

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • williewillie Member
    edited January 2017

I thought the slow speeds were because of a mechanical problem in how the disks were mounted, so they were going around repairing the machines.

Does anyone know if 1) the basic SAN storage, 2) the ftp storage has any RAID?

• the XC DEALS 1701.1 with the 1x 1tb is back!!

(and got me another one :P)

Thanked by 1dragon1993
  • Seems that Oneprovider.com is not interested on this deal on this time. haha...

• myhken said: Nice. And how many of the persons that missed it the first time will get one now. Or will they be back in an hour or two complaining how they missed it yet another time.

That's LET rule number 1: "Don't wanna miss the good deals? Have to hang out there the damn whole day."

Thanked by 2myhken raikkosl
  • arkoso said: You must contact support TODAY, they cancel it for you

Contacted support, and WOW, just one minute later, the ticket was solved, and they canceled my server.

• AlbaHostAlbaHost Member, Host Rep

Gone.

• Then they was out of stock again on the XC DEALS 1701.1

• Dextronox said: There are more 1701.1s available for anyone that missed out the first time around!

Yep, and I can replace my fault server :D