Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Online.net Special Deals - From 6.99 € - Page 10
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Online.net Special Deals - From 6.99 €

Comments

• @claudiof said:
    I've got to ask...

For the people who bought 2 or 3 or 4... what is the plan? To ressel?

Personally, should these servers be decent they'll replace existing servers, saving me about £20 a month whilst giving me better spec in the process.

• @AlbaHost said:

@rumi4 said:
    Did anyone has a problem with adding credit card?
    I try to setup it today and i get error adding master card... I contact tehnical suport, they said its about merchant issue.

Thanks

Is your card by any chance prepaid one? Since i got same issue and their reply is:

Hello, You certainly use a Credit Card not allowed by our Financiel Partner. We don't accept e-card or pre-paid card or debit Card. Your real Credit card must to have the 3D Secure compatibility. Regards - Etienne K.

I use MasterCard prepaid and it worked ;)

• AlbaHostAlbaHost Member, Host Rep

@Spacedust said:

@AlbaHost said:

@rumi4 said:
    Did anyone has a problem with adding credit card?
    I try to setup it today and i get error adding master card... I contact tehnical suport, they said its about merchant issue.

Thanks

Is your card by any chance prepaid one? Since i got same issue and their reply is:

Hello, You certainly use a Credit Card not allowed by our Financiel Partner. We don't accept e-card or pre-paid card or debit Card. Your real Credit card must to have the 3D Secure compatibility. Regards - Etienne K.

I use MasterCard prepaid and it worked ;)

Strange, since i was using prepaid MasterCard too but without luck...

• The lower end servers are all gone but there's plenty starting at MD1701.1, LT1701.2 - E3 1230v3, 32 GB, 2x2TB. Same specs of both, still not sure which is which.

• @Yura said:
    Guys, I think this is not normal. My Load average in htop shows above 1 constantly.

I checked atop and it shows very busy hdd's and what else. Fresh Ubuntu 16.04

DSK |           sdb |  busy     83%  | read       0  |  write   2170  | avio 3.80 ms  |
    DSK |           sda |  busy     74%  | read    2166  |  write      5  | avio 3.38 ms  |

What's going on? Are disks bad and keep load high or what?

most probably soft-raid syncing

Thanked by 2Yura vimalware
  • stefeman said: That E5 with 64GB and 2x3TB looks so tempting, but then I noticed that there are no failover IPs available for it lol. And even if there were, it would cost me 2.50 USD/m extra per IP.. The anti-ddos is also crap compared to OVH where you can set your own rules.

Where did you see there is no failover ip? There are in all online.net's servers, even the kidechires of the 2€ do have failover ip as available option. Also, the price is not 2,5$ but 1,99€ before taxes (~1,85$). If you are not a citizen of France but live in EU, then, open a commercial account and, voila, no VAT for you. If you live outside EU, there is no VAT at all.
    I bought 2 6,99 servers today and I already setup failover ip to one of them.

• How to use smarctl with the hardware raid controller in the MD box? Any ideas?

• jenkki said: Guess you just get what you paying for, not less.

Online.net's servers are generally speaking excellent for the price. If he saw issues, he should contact support, they are extremely fast and very helpful.
    I get excellent support and unbeleivable specs and speed even for my three 2,5 years old kidechires I have. Servers that costs 2€ each!
    1.0 load in an idle server is not normal, but there are tons of issues might being there.

• @AlbaHost.. They answer me the same thing. I use Master Card and it is debit card.

• CdoeCdoe Member
    edited January 2017

Ordered 2x1TB, got 2x2TB enterprise HDD and E3-1231 v3. What a deal for 20 eur. After so many shit kimsufis, I finally managed to get some bonus :-P

• jamjam Member

Online.net just notified me right now when all is gone, thanks God!!!! xD

Thanked by 1iSky
  • me too, saves my credit card though :)

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited January 2017

My therapist is right: It gets easier week by week. Did not buy anything and still feel complete. :-)

• @Falzo said:

@Yura said:
    Guys, I think this is not normal. My Load average in htop shows above 1 constantly.

I checked atop and it shows very busy hdd's and what else. Fresh Ubuntu 16.04

DSK |           sdb |  busy     83%  | read       0  |  write   2170  | avio 3.80 ms  |
    DSK |           sda |  busy     74%  | read    2166  |  write      5  | avio 3.38 ms  |

Yep, it surely likes that way. I'm not sure what else could put load on a idle machine though. Going to reinstall OS and see if something changes. Should I contact support if problem like this persist or it's totally fine? This is my first dedi, I feel clueless.

• @Cdoe said:
    Ordered 2x1TB, got 2x2TB enterprise HDD and E3-1231 v3. What a deal for 20 eur. After so many shit kimsufis, I finally managed to get some bonus :-P

Even the 32GB ram turned out to be server grade - ECC. Woot.

How many of you guys got better spec than listed? Is that normal?

• @Yura, if you check the output of "cat /proc/mdstat" it should indicate whether the soft-RAID is synchronizing.

Thanked by 1Yura
  • nullnotherenullnothere Member
    edited January 2017

@Yura said:

@Falzo said:

@Yura said:
    [ ... ]

Yep, it surely likes that way. I'm not sure what else could put load on a idle machine though. Going to reinstall OS and see if something changes. Should I contact support if problem like this persist or it's totally fine? This is my first dedi, I feel clueless.

cat /proc/mdstat should give you some clues on how far along it's come.

One other option is to skip the initial resync by rebuilding the /data partition that is created by default (via "--assume-clean" which is harmless for RAID1) which will save a LOT of time (unless the machine is idle) right away. Since typically we use "fresh reinstalls" there's really (nothing useful) to sync on most of a 1 or 2 TB disk - so having mdadm do it by default is kind of pointless.

(edited: added "nothing" to make it "nothing useful" - what pathetic mistake. need to slowdown. not everything can be speeded up. meh.)

Thanked by 1Yura
  • Yura said: why are you so bitter? Like every message from you is oozing hatred and bitter. I feel in better mood in comparison with you, and that is not a good measure for anyone.

Sarkasm sir

Nekki said: @claudiof said: I've got to ask... For the people who bought 2 or 3 or 4... what is the plan? To resel?

Probably that some kind of challenge, when kids challenge with each other who get more nuts.

• claudiof said: For the people who bought 2 or 3 or 4... what is the plan? To ressel?

I canceled a same server with online.net that costed x2 the price and another one that costed 20$ with a weaker CPU. So, i saved per month ~20$

• @Falzo, @nullnothere, @goinsj2010 thank you kind sirs. I stopped running like headless chicken and server load stabilized (0, 0, 0). Must be software RAID shenanigans as you told indeed. I think now I can replace my netcup box with this.

• @unn4m3d said:
    How to use smarctl with the hardware raid controller in the MD box? Any ideas?

check what raid controller you have, there are several ways to give clues:

lspci

prints a list, watch out for your raid controller

cat /proc/scsi/scsi

also might show vendor and model of the raid controller

storcli /c0 /eall /sall show

may be able to show details of the disks attached, you want to note the DIDs if there are any...

finally if the raid card is megaraid compatibel smartctl can be used like

smartctl -a -d megaraid,8 /dev/sda

where 8 is the DID per disk you noted earlier and /dev/sda the raid how its presented in your system.

• @Cdoe said:

Me too, lovely jubbly.

• @Yura said:
    @Falzo, @nullnothere, @goinsj2010 thank you kind sirs. I stopped running like headless chicken and server load stabilized (0, 0, 0). Must be software RAID shenanigans as you told indeed. I think now I can replace my netcup box with this.

your welcome ;-)

with something like

mdadm -D /dev/md0

you should be able to see more info per partition on the raid (change md0 to md1, md2 and so on) - also includes percentage if resyncing/rebuilding.

Thanked by 1Yura
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Well, France declared since 2015 the State of emergency, they run with guns everywhere, thats not normal anymore. I dont buy anything more in France, even the surveillance inside of the EU increased in 14 states.... better get your server outside Europe if you buy a new one.

A good post from Amnesty International: https://www.amnesty.org/en/latest/campaigns/2017/01/dangerously-disproportionate/

• Well got an E-Mail with the offers 1 hour ago... But yeah shit happens. Would also like the E3-1231 V3 one ;)

• @Cdoe said:

@Cdoe said:

Even the 32GB ram turned out to be server grade - ECC. Woot.

How many of you guys got better spec than listed? Is that normal?

that's definitely the deal of the day, congrats!

I thought more then once about that 32 GB box. luckily they're out of stock by now...

• @Cdoe @scttmthsn
    How is the network speed on the Box? Can you guys make a Speedtest

• DetruireDetruire Member
    edited January 2017

@Cdoe said:

Well that really makes the 30 EUR ones seem like rubbish deals....

Falzo said: I thought more then once about that 32 GB box. luckily they're out of stock by now...

No it isn't. >:|

• @Detruire said:

@Cdoe said:

Well that really makes the 30 EUR ones seem like rubbish deals....

they probably just got oversold on the 20€ ones and upgraded some lucky latecomers to the next bigger one.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • YuraYura Member
    edited January 2017

@sepei said:
    @Cdoe @scttmthsn
    How is the network speed on the Box? Can you guys make a Speedtest

As you wish

http://www.speedtest.net/result/5980997806.png