Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VirtKick acquired by OnApp - Page 7
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VirtKick acquired by OnApp

123457»

Comments

• WSSWSS Member

• @WSS

Finally, I got you! So, "WSS" is just an online name and your real name is 1bf4b091feba0bc9! Got you!

Me not stupid.

But we have more important matters to discuss.

I'm sad, badly sad. I had that beautiful business idea to create a powerful online error company and was just about to ask for advice about it - and then came you and posted that. Now I have to see that there is also powerful competition (shown in your image above). Sh#t.

But listen, maybe we could create an online error-proxy business! What do you think?
    Or do you think that OnApp/Virtkick is too well established and powerful already in the online error proxy business?

Thanked by 1WSS
  • WSSWSS Member
    edited January 2017

@bsdguy

We can be T_PAAMAYIM_NEKUDOTAYIM.io. We shall do well. We will only support WordPress installs from our containers on a hacked CPanel with marginal/minimal/no updates from 2008. We can run easyapache and just randomly choose instances. It shall be good!

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited April 2017

NullMind said: Hi guys

We will have more details in the coming days, but we are trilled to have the Virtkik team work with us on some exciting new projects, this is not about replacing any specific technology, but embracing new challenges that need tackling and solving some problems that our clients have that we did not cover, and this new team will help us do just that, especially in the billing side of things.

Thank you, and stay tuned.

Worth a necro post as it seems the deal fell through, OnApp do not own VirtKick despite all information online suggesting they did acquire VirtKick they did not in the end and it looks like VirtKick has gone in to ghost ship mode.

My guess, it turned out to not be a viable option to slap SolusVM's back end and VirtKicks front end together and call it V2.

@NullMind .. we stayed tuned, you failed at communication, again.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@AnthonySmith said:

We will have more details in the coming days, but we are trilled to have the Virtkik team work with us on some exciting new projects, this is not about replacing any specific technology, but embracing new challenges that need tackling and solving some problems that our clients have that we did not cover, and this new team will help us do just that, especially in the billing side of things.

Worth a necro post as it seems the deal fell through, OnApp do not own VirtKick despite all information online suggesting they did acquire VirtKick they did not in the end and it looks like VirtKick has gone in to ghost ship mode.

My guess, it turned out to not be a viable option to slap SolusVM's back end and VirtKicks front end together and call it V2.

Brutal.

Francisco

• @AnthonySmith said:

Can OnApp confirm this information? Or anyone at VirtKick? It would be such a waste to see VirtKick go MIA. I'd be interested in learning more about the future of VirtKick and whether or not it's still available for acquisition. Feel free to reach out.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

kazila said: Can OnApp confirm this information?

Terry already did.

Nothings been confirmed of whats to come of VK, but Terry has confirmed the buy out isn't happening as originally mentioned. It's possible OnApp is taking the developers, but no details yet.

Francisco

• @Francisco said:

kazila said: Can OnApp confirm this information?

Terry already did.

Nothings been confirmed of whats to come of VK, but Terry has confirmed the buy out isn't happening as originally mentioned. It's possible OnApp is taking the developers, but no details yet.

Francisco

Thanks for the info.

• WSSWSS Member

@Francisco said:

Francisco

If so, they're following the standard OnApp precedent - only one has committed anything in the last three months.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider