Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Apparently we're banned for fake reviews - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Apparently we're banned for fake reviews

Comments

• @kandosan said: im seriously tempted now to start a pisswebhostingtalk.com what you guys think :D

Knock yourself out but don't rile up the senior citizens running WHT

• @kandosan said: left WHT long ago, its a over rated forum. people that run it are strange and completely weird. i was having a issue with another provider on there. so gave a straight honest review, a few hours later, i got a warning notice from one of the mods on there. and infracted. anyways. those holding corp accounts can get you banned if you write crappy honest reviews about them.

WHT = over rated IP.Board

im seriously tempted now to start a pisswebhostingtalk.com what you guys think :D

No need to start a new community. Come join me at http://vpsBoard.com =]

I still play by the rules at WHT and try not to step on toes. It's still a good community and there have been some good connections made due to it.

• DewlanceVPSDewlanceVPS Member, Patron Provider
    edited April 2013

@MannDude said: No need to start a new community. Come join me at http://vpsBoard.com =]

I still play by the rules at WHT and try not to step on toes. It's still a good community and there have been some good connections made due to it.

Joined but I love WHT forum ;)

• CoreyCorey Member

@FRCorey said: You people have not figured out yet, that WHT's reviews are 90% fake. Any given day there are hundreds of people just spamming to get their post count up to do whatever it's insane. I might have 1 review on that site, the majority end up at Serchen where it's more user friendly I guess for customers to leave feedback.

Hell I tried their ppc ad network and man the click fraud there was outstanding.

Not true - when I was with YDGH all of those bad reviews on WHT were true and not fake - just as well as the good ones.... but the bad ones came before the good ones because people are quick to post a bad review and rant about something.

• Don't you have to report your thread with your website / IP for verification usually? :3

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited April 2013

To be honest I am not entirely sure as I have never actually had to do it, however if you are a member for a couple of years with a few hundred posts nobody will likely bat an eyelid at the review unless something shouts fake.

It's mainly the "members" that signup and the first, often the only post is a review about a provider that will be jumped on.

• vpsBoard.com, has a beautiful template, but i won't be joining because there are just to many vpstalk forums allover. im going to be sticking on here only for now and on freenode, generally i just wanted to create pissonwebhostingtalk.com and stick giant middle finger, that's about it. :D

• LeeLee Veteran

@kandosan said: generally i just wanted to create pissonwebhostingtalk.com and stick giant middle finger, that's about it. :D

You will be a mod on this site soon with that maturity.

• @W1V_Lee

responding to an environment in an appropriate manner O_X

• BlueVMBlueVM Member

Yay, now I can't even browse WHT while not logged in:

Sorry. The administrator has banned your IP address. To contact the administrator click here

That's an all time low.

• marcmmarcm Member

@mpkossen said: I've been playing with that thought as well. Once I set up the forum but lost the time to do much with it. Still have the domain (webhostscene.com). If you need any help, let me know.

@mpkossen
    I will send you a PM once it's up. I want to invite @jarland, @Liam, @Nick_A, @Chief and and others to administer, moderate, etc. - if they want to join of course. It'll be a fun project and something to kick WHT a tad in the teeth...

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

@marcm Mind sending me a pm as well? I would be curious to see how it turns out,

• marcmmarcm Member

@Fliphost - Will do :D

• @BlueVM Seriously?

• BlueVMBlueVM Member

@MrObvious - Yes. Apparently we hit a nerve and they want us to stop talking about it... I have 1/2 a mind to make a "We're banned from WHT" banner for our site :)

• @BlueVM said: @MrObvious - Yes. Apparently we hit a nerve and they want us to stop talking about it... I have 1/2 a mind to make a "We're banned from WHT" banner for our site :)

Do it, and link it to a page that details the reasoning why you're banned. What a crock of shit.

• support123support123 Member
    edited May 2013

@BlueVM you will love this
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1261412

Make a new promo code like " whtsucks" and give the biggest discounts ever

• @BlueVM said: I have 1/2 a mind to make a "We're banned from WHT" banner for our site :)

Even better -- turn it into a special!

• OPOP Member

I haven't been on WHT in ages. It seems like I get an infraction every time I make a post.

• Well, for whatever reason my account is unbanned now. I must have broken some obscure rule without having done anything.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited May 2013

When I lose interest in a community is when more than about 30% of the active discussion is about the community itself. WHT isn't there yet, so not dead in my mind. Just repetitive though in content. To be expected, obviously, the hosting market isn't known for suddenly turning itself upside down every 3 months.

I talk bad about it but truth is, it's another place to waste time and it yields me all of...a few fraud orders and at least one person with unreal expectations every time we post. Every now and then the inevitable "I can't believe this isn't windows you better refund me NOW or I'm disputing the charge."

• jeffjeff Member
    edited May 2013

A few years back I went to HostingCon in San Diego. I had a good time. Recently I attended the Online Marketing Summit in San Diego (I am less than an hour away) and had a much better time. The eye candy was a pleasant surprise... all these years hanging out with programmers and cert nerds had me convinced I was in the right line of work... hmmm. In the last few months on LET I have learned more and enjoyed more, but it is likely I will be going to a few more marketing conferences, just to keep it real:)

• marcmmarcm Member

@jarland said: When I lose interest in a community is when more than about 30% of the active discussion is about the community itself.

@jarland where did you get that Community Bitch-O-Meter from? I want one as well!

@jarland said: WHT isn't there yet, so not dead in my mind. Just repetitive though in content.

So the stupidity on there doesn't bother you at all? Hmm... What kind of WHT Antibiotics are you taking? For example we encouraged a few customers to review us on WHT. Not only did the reviews not bring in any new business, but other providers posted on the threads just to spam their signatures. At this point I pretty much don't care about that place anymore.

@jarland said: I talk bad about it but truth is, it's another place to waste time and it yields me all of...a few fraud orders and at least one person with unreal expectations every time we post. Every now and then the inevitable "I can't believe this isn't windows you better refund me NOW or I'm disputing the charge."

It's a real joy when normal people with decent IQs behave like drooling retards trying to get something for nothing and passing their boredom by pissing you off just so they have something to write about on forums.

WHT is a place that adores drama more than anything, a place where the community has no sense of compassion or unity.

• mnpeepmnpeep Member

• Only watch wht for drama lamas. Rarely well get the referral link from them.

• SpiritSpirit Member

@marcm said: WHT is a place that adores drama more than anything, a place where the community has no sense of compassion or unity.

Are you sure you're talking about WHT or you had on your mind our beloved lowendbox/lowendtalk?

• IshaqIshaq Member

@marcm

Count me in.

• LeeLee Veteran

So let me get this right, you are going to try and create a replacement for WHT where the key people who will get it going are people from here...

3...2...1...Fail

• DewlanceVPSDewlanceVPS Member, Patron Provider

Never take panga with moderators ;)

• jhjh Member