Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Apparently we're banned for fake reviews - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Apparently we're banned for fake reviews

Comments

• @marcm said: If someone demands an ID from you then you are equally entitled to get his ID

Yeah especially from an employee of iNet Interactive who "hides behind an alias" but accuses me of the same thing

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited April 2013

@jarland and now list also rest thousands and thousands SMALL hosts who don't have issues with WHT. Heck, I use some of them atleast half decade (ie. datarealm, etc..). Good thread for bashing some other forum but nothing more than that, so have fun.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited April 2013

@Spirit said: thousands and thousands SMALL hosts

The ones who don't even get any reviews? Well I'm not talking about them. The ones that are small and do, they get treated like criminals. The ones that are large and do, they get a free pass. Not every web hosting client is an active member of WebHostingTalk. They sure think highly of themselves.

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited April 2013

@jarland said: The ones that are small and do, they get treated like criminals.

...and yet you're logged into your WHT account right now. In case you're looking for account removal option the fasted way would be here http://helpdesk.webhostingtalk.com/ I think.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

@jarland said: The ones that are large and do, they get a free pass.

I can understand their logic, small hosts have few customers and they probably are not happy so the good reviews are fake while bad ones must be true, while big ones have many customers thrilled with their big datacenters and lack of abusers and are normal to get hundreds of reviews.
    Mind you, burst net and many others got tons of bad reviews, I participated in some and there was no problem from the mods.
    I think WHT is hard to be run and it's impossible to keep everyone happy, and they are doing a lousier job than I would do, but this is life, there are alternatives, the better ones will rise even if it will take time. Seeing that WHT will also try to improve.
    Bottom of line... Dont like it ? Make your own !

• ryanarpryanarp Member, Patron Provider

@Magiobiwan said: @jarland Or who hasn't purchased one of them "Corporate Membership" things?

Actually at the time of this "fake" review we had a "Corporate Membership" that was actually on its last week until time to renewal. This obviously caused me to not want to renew my "Corporate Membership" when they were content to pull down a legit review. So I am guessing that isn't as huge of a swing vote as one might think in their approach.

• tommytommy Member

WHTSUCKS.COM already registered by them :(

• marcmmarcm Member

I am currently working on a WHT alternative. I love LET so what I am working on is meant to be an extension of LET. Once it's up and running I will announce it and invite everyone to join. It's going to be funny because it will be filled with LET community members, lol. It's mean to be a classic forum for WHT refugees.

@ryanarp Next time $375 is burning a hole in your pocket hit me up, I got a few ideas what you can do with it. The way things are now those who pay this ridiculous fee are just fattening WHT's pockets.

• ryanarpryanarp Member, Patron Provider

@marcm I agree, it was a one shot trial and they failed. Every since I have been distant there. Really rubbed me the wrong way.

• marcmmarcm Member

@ryanarp - I had a customer that gave us a hard time and made me waste more than half a day on his web site trying to please him. Of course it was way outside of what I was supposed to do. He started blackmailing me that he would post on WHT so I told him to go ahead as I can't stop him anyway if that's what he wants to do. So he did, filed a PayPal claim, did the hole number. He was to lazy to start a new thread so he just posted in an existing one from a few months ago: http://sqz.io/AOsyv

After all of this he started spamming with tickets begging for his money back. So I refunded him. However Mr. anon-e-mouse decided to close the thread before I could respond. I submitted about 4 tickets to WHT about this and they were all ignored.

I am not overly religious, however I am Christian. That being said I am a huge fan of The Old Testament, and according to that philosophy WHT, Mr. Teddy Bear and Mr. Mickey Mouse can all go to hell in a hand basket. I hear it's warm down there this time of year...

• The main problem is half the people that "run" WHT are all like 90.

• all people looks 40+ in age.They need some young blood in their group

• marcmmarcm Member

@MrObvious or @ftpit - please take a stab at who anon-e-mouse is... otherwise they look like the Beta Testers from the Jack Daniels distillery in Lynchburg, TN...

• @MrObvious said: the people that "run" WHT are all like 90.

I'm sure it's just a cost saving measure. You don't have to pay your employees much if they're already collecting social security.

• support123support123 Member
    edited April 2013

@marcm lol did he banned you?
    @ihatetonyy probably you got it right

• marcmmarcm Member

@ftpit said: @marcm lol did he banned you?

@ftpit - nope, but I regret the ~$50 that I threw their way for the useless "Premium Membership"...

edited April 2013

@marcm I do not see much benefit from throwing money for that shit lol.Hardly any benefit.From my experince.anon and bear are worst moderators there

• PacketVMPacketVM Member, Host Rep

anonymouse is the old lady in the middle (seriously)

• marcmmarcm Member

@dominicl said: anonymouse is the old lady in the middle (seriously)

@dominicl - Bingo!

• marcmmarcm Member

@Zen said: That explains a lot..

@Zen ... Bingo! (again)

edited April 2013

@dominicl How do you know? lol But I believe this is true

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

I'm not sure corporate members are treated especially well. Just throwing that out there. I think it has a lot less to do with how much you're paying them compared to what your name is.

edited April 2013

I bet money that if you go sign up under vpns and post a bunch of fake reviews about LiquidWeb for months in a row, they won't get a ban. Even Chris from CVPS has had bans here, and I'd call the relationship at least comparable.

I dare anyone to test that. I would place money on it. It's not about the circumstances, it's about who you are. It's poor leadership, favoritism, and selective persecution.

Want to get your small name competition banned from WHT? Now you know how. How's that for a nice policy? Post fake reviews to drop your competition, so long as they're not a favorite of the mods.

Now I'm not actually suggesting anyone test this. I already know the answer. I don't need proof that WHT won't ban LiquidWeb any more than I need proof that a healthy man can walk. I'll believe otherwise when I see it, until then its assumed as truth. The only reason I singled out LiquidWeb is because they host WHT.

• You people have not figured out yet, that WHT's reviews are 90% fake. Any given day there are hundreds of people just spamming to get their post count up to do whatever it's insane. I might have 1 review on that site, the majority end up at Serchen where it's more user friendly I guess for customers to leave feedback.

Hell I tried their ppc ad network and man the click fraud there was outstanding.

• @damian how many colors was in the ad?

• DomainBopDomainBop Member
    edited April 2013

Serchen

95% of the reviews on Serchen are fake because Serchen requires absolutely no verification. The hosts that tend to get the highest near 5.0 ratings on Serchen are usually small hosts that encourage their customers, friends, family, etc to leave reviews (or use multiple IP addresses and fake names to review themselves).

Here's the perfect example: a host that has received a ton of complaints on WHT during the past few months from both its customers and the datacenters it has done multiple chargebacks against has a perfect 5.0 rating on Serchen

• Who hasn't had there share of problems with Bear. Nobody can say they aren't on top of there game though, they only come knocking if you have done something wrong.

they only come knocking if you have done something wrong.

Forgot your sarcasm sign.

• @marcm said: I am currently working on a WHT alternative. I love LET so what I am working on is meant to be an extension of LET. Once it's up and running I will announce it and invite everyone to join. It's going to be funny because it will be filled with LET community members, lol. It's mean to be a classic forum for WHT refugees.

I've been playing with that thought as well. Once I set up the forum but lost the time to do much with it. Still have the domain (webhostscene.com). If you need any help, let me know.

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@jarland said: I like to browse the shared hosting section. I think the average price is down to "I'll give you a hand job if you host with me for a year."

FYI, the going rate for that in Hamburg is 30 euros.