Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Jonathan Nguyen resigns as GreenValueHost Operations Director - Page 16
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Jonathan Nguyen resigns as GreenValueHost Operations Director

Comments

• iKeyZiKeyZ Veteran

@iceTwy said:

100% agree with all of this posted.

Especially with all the extra content just posted by @WebSearchingPro

• GVH have not been running amok on LET for 'years'...

• MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran
    edited June 2014

GreenValueHost said: We require his assistance to process IP block and dedicated server orders which was why the statement was relevant to us assisting clients. We can't process those by ourselves.

>

Oh, okay. So Ernie then has helpdesk access to all HVH resellers then? to process IP block and dedicated server orders because they can't be processed by resellers directly? (Even though previously you told me he only had temporary access a year ago and it was promptly revoked)

Or is this only between GVH and HVH? -_-

Thanked by 1darkshire
  • @MannDude He doesn't have helpdesk access? Where in that statement to Donald this morning did it say so?

• @GreenValueHost said:
    We require his assistance to process IP block and dedicated server orders which was why the statement was relevant to us assisting clients. We can't process those by ourselves.

Shame, ended up deleting this clown from Skype. Constant lies - Wasting my time trying to help Jonny.

Granted, he is under various gag orders from HVH / CC and perhaps others from what I've seen.

• WebSearchingPro said: Threads like these are becoming means of unintentional publicity for GVH :)

Waiting for a BESQLFAMOUS coupon when the DB dump inevitably drops.

Thanked by 2Pwner darkshire
  • PwnerPwner Member

If @GreenValueHost keeps this up, this thread might get more posts than the Cest Pit. Hell, in my opinion the contents of this thread are far worse than anything coming from the Cest Pit.

Thanked by 1ihatetonyy
  • @ihatetonyy said:
    Waiting for a BESQLFAMOUS coupon when the DB dump inevitably drops.

I'm sure its inevitable, especially with the password reusal over there and lack of auditing.

I'm sure we all remember https://vpsboard.com/topic/4150-greenvaluehost-forced-password-reset-security-breach/ - Took some 12 hours to resolve due to lack of competency and auditing on their part.

But hey at least they finally moved the /admin folder to a new location this week :) +1 on them

Thanked by 1Licensecart
  • ATHKATHK Member

@WebSearchingPro said:
    But hey at least they finally moved the /admin folder to a new location this week :) +1 on them

This week?

• @Pwner said:
    If GreenValueHost keeps this up, this thread might get more posts than the Cest Pit. Hell, in my opinion the contents of this thread are far worse than anything coming from the Cest Pit.

It's also far more entertaining.

I don't suppose we'll ever hear back from @GVH_Jaroslav again now that his cover's been blown?

• edited June 2014

@ATHK said:
    This week?

Yeah, looks like one of the bits that Alan/Tyler/Urban handled when he came in. None of their executive administrators of candy land bothered before.

Speaking of candy land. I've convinced myself that Jonny uses http://www.bullshitjob.com/title/ to generate all his employee's titles :)

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

iceTwy said: TyJonAlanoSlav

I like that. Though maybe as a first name/last name:

"Hello, I'm Tyjon Alanoslav. I deeply apologize for this and would like to take this opportunity to provide an explanation."

Thanked by 2darkshire serverian
  • @raindog308 said:
    "Hello, I'm Tyjon Alanoslav. I deeply apologize for this and would like to take this opportunity to provide an explanation."

Excellent.

• Pwner said: this thread might get more posts than the Cest Pit

It's already got more pages than either of the ChicagoVPS hack threads, so, that's something..

• iceTwyiceTwy Member

@raindog308 said:

"Also, @INIZ is no concurrence for us in Amsterdam. GVH will soon roll out amazing plans in our newly-built DC, most of which will feature 40PB bandwidth per second as well as 150 480GB bleeding-edge SSD disks in RAID2350 and 32YB RAM!

Only $1/mo! /8 IPv4 included for FREE!"

Thanked by 1ihatetonyy
  • Welcome to!!!!

The new Cest Pit

• darkshiredarkshire Member
    edited June 2014

@ksubedi been rather quiet too

• iceTwyiceTwy Member
    edited June 2014

@darkshire said:
    raindog308 said: "Hello, I'm Tyjon Alanoslav. I deeply apologize for this and would like to take this opportunity to provide an explanation."

Imgur

• edited June 2014

Ah yeah, HostUS - That one was fun.

I remember when they partnered with GVH - http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/21091/hostus-solutions-ltd-partners-with-greenvaluehost (LET staff hid it of course) - Copy here https://vpsboard.com/topic/3435-gvh-terminates-cloud-hosting-and-moving-out-from-buffalo/?p=51810

A bit later they "broke up in public" and Mr. Alex started bashing GVH - http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/555892/#Comment_555892

Same day as when I poked jonny about it:

[4/28/2014 8:03:28 PM] DonaldL: alexanderm has been kind of going against you guys today
    [4/28/2014 8:03:37 PM] DonaldL: did you break off that relationship
    [4/28/2014 8:03:58 PM] Jonny: The "calling off" of the relationship was staged
    [4/28/2014 8:04:14 PM] Jonny: His responses lately are staged as well
    [4/28/2014 8:04:20 PM] DonaldL: not sure what that means
    [4/28/2014 8:04:30 PM] Jonny: They're done on purpose and is not actually what's going on.
    [4/28/2014 8:04:41 PM] DonaldL: oh so your still together :D
    [4/28/2014 8:04:45 PM] Jonny: The relationship has never officially been cancelled. He's bashing us on purpose
    [4/28/2014 8:04:50 PM] DonaldL: oh
    [4/28/2014 8:05:03 PM] Jonny: Because HostUS' sales graphs shown a dramatic drop when it was announced
    [4/28/2014 8:05:07 PM] DonaldL: yeah
    [4/28/2014 8:05:14 PM] Jonny: And an increase when it was staged to be cancelled

Funny stuff - duping lowendtalk - Just another day in the life of a GVH'er :)

Thanked by 2MannDude Licensecart
  • darkshiredarkshire Member
    edited June 2014

>

this is fu****g disgusting

• We're investigating the potential "data leak" at this time and should be available to post a public statement regarding any potential leak by tonight.

The safety and security of our customers are important to us and as such we will not be tolerating activities targeted at breaching or systems or harnessing sensitive customer information.

• iceTwyiceTwy Member
    edited June 2014

@mpkossen: You definitely owe us an explanation then. You've hidden multiple threads regarding GVH as shown by @MannDude and @WebSearchingPro, and GVH require HVH (and therefore CC) to intervene when it comes to anything related to IP spaces. This evidence only strengthens the possibility of the existence of a GVH-CC link.

Please be transparent.

EDIT: refer to my first post if you haven't seen it yet.

Thanked by 1darkshire
  • iKeyZiKeyZ Veteran

@GreenValueHost said:
    We're investigating the potential "data leak" at this time and should be available to post a public statement regarding any potential leak by tonight.

How many public statements can you post in a single day?

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited June 2014

@GreenValueHost what important? i requested to terminate my fucking account and you just closed it. I care about my data on your servers because i can trust you shit, so but seems like you dont even care about customers.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

GreenValueHost said: We're investigating the potential "data leak" at this time and should be available to post a public statement regarding any potential leak by tonight.

The safety and security of our customers are important to us and as such we will not be tolerating activities targeted at breaching or systems or harnessing sensitive customer information.

Wait, what?

Your WHMCS DB, solus DB, or what exactly was stolen?

Will there be a "passwords have been reset" IMMEDIATE RELEASE soon?

• @iceTwy said:
    mpkossen: You definitely owe us an explanation then. You've hidden multiple threads regarding GVH as shown by MannDude and WebSearchingPro, and GVH require HVH (and therefore CC) to intervene when it comes to anything related to IP spaces.

Please be transparent.

EDIT: refer to my first post if you haven't seen it yet.

To be fair Nekki appears to be operating as an impartial moderator which is really nice in cases such as this.

• MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran

WebSearchingPro said: I remember when they partnered with GVH - http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/21091/hostus-solutions-ltd-partners-with-greenvaluehost (LET staff hid it of course) - Copy here https://vpsboard.com/topic/3435-gvh-terminates-cloud-hosting-and-moving-out-from-buffalo/?p=51810

A bit later they "broke up in public" and Mr. Alex started bashing GVH - http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/555892/#Comment_555892

Same day as when I poked jonny about it:

[4/28/2014 8:03:28 PM] DonaldL: alexanderm has been kind of going against you guys today

[4/28/2014 8:04:30 PM] Jonny: They're done on purpose and is not actually what's going on.
    [4/28/2014 8:04:45 PM] Jonny: The relationship has never officially been cancelled. He's bashing us on purpose
    [4/28/2014 8:05:03 PM] Jonny: Because HostUS' sales graphs shown a dramatic drop when it was announced
    [4/28/2014 8:05:14 PM] Jonny: And an increase when it was staged to be cancelled

Funny stuff - duping lowendtalk - Just another day in the life of a GVH'er :)

Cached copy of the thread LET staff hid: http://web.archive.org/web/20140202222400/http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/21091/hostus-solutions-ltd-partners-with-greenvaluehost/

• AThomasHoweAThomasHowe Member
    edited June 2014

WebSearchingPro said: [4/28/2014 8:03:28 PM] DonaldL: alexanderm has been kind of going against you guys today

@AlexanderM

• iceTwyiceTwy Member

@WebSearchingPro said:
    To be fair Nekki appears to be operating as an impartial moderator which is really nice in cases such as this.

Definitely, Nekki is an awesome lad - but as a moderator and not an administrator, he probably mustn't have access to what the former have (i.e. GVH-CC stuff).

Thanked by 1AnthonySmith
  • AlexanderMAlexanderM Member, Top Host, Host Rep
    edited June 2014

@WebSearchingPro we have nothing to do with Jonny or GVH, you can either accept that and believe me or not believe me, at the end of the day it's no skin off my back. Do you really think I'd want to be involved with GVH 'finanashall' when I have a full time job earning 1K+/month ?

This discussion has been closed.