Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Jonathan Nguyen resigns as GreenValueHost Operations Director - Page 19
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Jonathan Nguyen resigns as GreenValueHost Operations Director

Comments

• AThomasHoweAThomasHowe Member
    edited June 2014

< removed by staff >

• blackblack Member
    edited June 2014

< removed by staff >

Go see a psychiatrist.

• hellogoodbyehellogoodbye Member
    edited June 2014

< removed by staff >

If you're being serious about this - and I will give you the benefit of the doubt this time because I don't want to think of what will happen if I brush it off and treat it as another lie of yours - step away from your computer and call a suicide hotline. If you don't know what the number is, tell us where you live and we'll find it for you. Suicide is a serious matter and obviously not something you can reverse, whereas you can make amends with this whole GVH fiasco even if it doesn't feel like it at the moment.

Thanked by 2lbft AThomasHowe
  • ChrisMillerChrisMiller Member
    edited June 2014

< removed by staff >

What the actual fuck dude? Why would you think like this? Sell and get out and start a new adventure!

You really need to talk to someone and if you can't find someone call 1-800-273-8255 and they will help you!

Killing yourself is never the answer!

• wojonswojons Member
    edited June 2014

i am guessing while making money backups of at least core customer data base was not important and when i mean backups i mean automated backups to a machine that is mostly offline so you only losoe 1 day of data.

here is a list that should help
    @greenvaluehost

http://www.suicide.org/suicide-hotlines.html

http://www.suicide.org/international-suicide-hotlines.html

• GVH is my life. If it's the end of GVH then it's the end of me, I can't pick myself up if I lose this company, it means everything to me. I'm going to try and do everything I can to recover our data and if I fail, I will leave a handwritten note on my desk and post a copy of it here before I'm gone.

Reality has never hit me this hard. It hasn't. And now that it has.. now that I have nothing in my hands right now, I can't find it in myself to continue.

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

Can a moderator see if his account was hacked or something? Anyone have his address? Time to have someone check on him.

Also what's up with SolusVM?

• Obviously people will stop being hard on himself if he says he's gonna kill himself. He's done it at least 3-4 times in the last few months in Skype to various people to try and get them to help him fix stuff.

Thanked by 1linuxthefish
  • GreenValueHost said: GVH is my life. If it's the end of GVH then it's the end of me, I can't pick myself up if I lose this company, it means everything to me. I'm going to try and do everything I can to recover our data and if I fail, I will leave a handwritten note on my desk and post a copy of it here before I'm gone.

Reality has never hit me this hard. It hasn't. And now that it has.. now that I have nothing in my hands right now, I can't find it in myself to continue.

Your life hasn't even started yet. Take some time. Speak to your parents etc.

• GreenValueHost said: GVH is my life. If it's the end of GVH then it's the end of me, I can't pick myself up if I lose this company, it means everything to me. I'm going to try and do everything I can to recover our data and if I fail, I will leave a handwritten note on my desk and post a copy of it here before I'm gone.

Because you're 17, melodramatic and ill-equipped for what you've gotten yourself into. GVH is not your life, GVH is your working life. You have done a lot of damage but again.. you're 17. It can be fixed.

It's going to feel more like a spike up the arse probably but this is one of your big life lessons. Time to reflect and grow as a person, not take a cowards way out.

Thanked by 1black
  • wojonswojons Member

@GreenValueHost said:
    GVH is my life. If it's the end of GVH then it's the end of me, I can't pick myself up if I lose this company, it means everything to me. I'm going to try and do everything I can to recover our data and if I fail, I will leave a handwritten note on my desk and post a copy of it here before I'm gone.

Yes i know what it means to have something that means the world to you that you built up. but this is why we take backups of what is important to us. now that is said and done unless the person ran scrub on ur hard drives stop having your staff dick around discount the server and pay the data center to recovery lost data.

• Does anyone here have Jon's address and/or phone number? It's entirely possible to call up the local law enforcement and get them to drop by for a visit.

I've done this before for an ex-friend who turned out to be bluffing, but I will not hesitate to do it again.

• lbftlbft Member

SkylarM said: Obviously people will stop being hard on himself if he says he's gonna kill himself. He's done it at least 3-4 times in the last few months in Skype to various people to try and get them to help him fix stuff.

That is why the appropriate response is to get the police involved (or a parent, in the case of a child). It makes sure he gets the help he needs if he is truly suicidal and it makes sure the point is driven home that it's not something to fake if he isn't.

• MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran

The kid is from Windham, NH. Surely there are not a lot of different Nyugens(sp) there, population is less than 11,000. Someone call the cops, have them do a welfare check on the kid.

• I assume it's in a WHOIS record/archive...

• ihatetonyyihatetonyy Member
    edited June 2014

hellogoodbye said: Does anyone here have Jon's address and/or phone number?

See http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/257523/#Comment_257523 - address checks out on http://www.windhamnewhampshire.com/sites/default/files/PDF/AssessingDocs/2013 Assessments.pdf page 36

pubcrawler said: Administrative Contact:
    Green Value Hosting, Inc.

Jonathan Nguyen ([email protected])

+1.6033392886 Fax: +1.5555555555

6 Copps Hill Road Windham, NH 03087 US

• Please don't dispatch police to my house. Please give me a chance to try and resolve this.

• @GreenValueHost said:
    Please don't dispatch police to my house. Please give me a chance to try and resolve this.

People aren't dispatching police to your house because your Solus is borked. You threatened to commit suicide.

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited June 2014

Then stop talking about that suicide bullshit you melodramatic ***. One of the many things you have to learn is that you should never ever use made-up suicidal tendencies to gain attention and pardon.

• SkylarMSkylarM Member
    edited June 2014

Administrative Contact:

Green Value Hosting, Inc.

Jonathan Nguyen (Email of jonathan)

< phone number >

Fax: +1.5555555555

6 Copps Hill Road

Windham, NH 03087

US

All public info of course.

• GreenValueHost said: Please don't dispatch police to my house. Please give me a chance to try and resolve this.

Lol, what an unexpected reply. You're the one who brought it up here dude, nobody wants blood on their hands... for as much hate as there is here for you there is also some general concern...

Thanked by 1lbft
  • @GreenValueHost said:
    Please don't dispatch police to my house. Please give me a chance to try and resolve this.

Sorry, but the situation went beyond your control the instant you posted about suicide. If nobody in the US is going to make the call, I will. I'm in Canada but it's worth a few bucks to make that long distance call if it means possibly saving a life.

• Can someone confirm they have made this call? This doesn't look good.

• HC_RoHC_Ro Member
    edited June 2014

< removed by staff >

edit* I have two last names for him and several addresses. Anyone else have any specific information on a good address.

• @GreenValueHost The webhosting/vps world is not the only thing out there. You've made it there far so you are obviously good at something.

Take those skills and advance your life! Get out of hosting and start a new career.

Suicide is never an option no matter the situation.

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited June 2014

Would that not be the right time for demigods and role models to take care of their failed creature? Or are they already working on the next sock puppet?

• RalliasRallias Member
    edited June 2014

< removed by staff >

If you contemplate suicide at least once a week, you should see a doctor.

• @GreenValueHost said:
    Yes, we do have multiple people working under aliases. Tyler is the real name of both aliases, and yes, he does run AH. Tyler has only recently started working a few days ago, however is actually appointed interim Operations Director to help the company get back in shape.

>

You what? You need to lie about your names and hide under aliases? Bloody hell immature children who need to hide their identities, let's hope no-one uses them now. Lying gits.

@GreenValueHost said:
    serverian

Obviously I can't sign, but what are the chances of me releasing client information and things like that? None, because I care more than anyone else does. Everyone else in our company CAN sign.

You can via Adobe Reader, I've signed many agreements / contracts with our vendors. And as for NDA you don't need that for the not leaking information about customers, because that's common sense and against the law and if your caught can face legal action.

NDA are mainly information about the company / business, so they can't say anything about how it's ran, how much it's making, any losses, bad business trading, etc.

• @Virtovo

did you call yet ? :P

• I'll make the call.

This discussion has been closed.