Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Feathur Launch (VPS Control Panel => 0.6.0.1 => Free For Private Use) - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Feathur Launch (VPS Control Panel => 0.6.0.1 => Free For Private Use)

Comments

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep

Or search for all instances of Net_SSH2 and add a second parameter.

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

How many installs have there been of the panel so far outside of BlueVM?

• @jbiloh - From our logs about 120.

• @Bogdacutuu said:
    I'm curious, does it support private IPs? (eventually with NAT too)

To the best of my knowledge it doesn't at this time. However, if you want to set up a module for it, you could help everyone out.

• @BlueVM, I am honestly not a fan of all the if/elseif stuff in the code. I recommend you make more of a modular plugin system for things. A big example is the api.php. You could easily separate that into classes with a try catch and be able to add a new API function by creating a class (with security checks). I am big on MVC and see that to be a lot cleaner and reusable. Glad you decided to use some MVC concepts though!

Just my 2 cents to improve the architecture.

• Was the repo pulled? Doesn't seem to be working.

@SysAdmin said:
    Was the repo pulled? Doesn't seem to be working.

It's a GitHub problem.

• @vemacs - Yeah our WHMCS decided we hadn't paid our own bill for Feathur XD

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

@Liam said:
    Good start Justin, look forward to see what comes of Feathur.

Agreed, really cool to just see something get released post Solus drama. I'm looking forward to you developing the product into a true competitor, and hopefully it will do well in the market.

• @BlueVM You should add Feathur to the list of OpenVZ control panels at https://openvz.org/Control_panels

• Curious to see what it turns into over the next few months...

Pssst! - Can't wait for IPv6 to be working!

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited November 2013

@BlueVM What about Debian 6 slave? CentOS sucks, crappy OS.

Thanked by 1tux
  • @Infinity580 - Debian 7 doesn't support OpenVZ so we kinda just forgot about the whole Debian lineup for actively hosting VPS. That said I could probably throw one together later today.

• hotsnowhotsnow Veteran
    edited November 2013

@BlueVM

does feathur support temporarily load drivers iso during the install process? such as load virtio driver iso during install windows, after load the driver, can re-mount the original windows installation iso to continue the installation process, I know solusvm can do this, I think this function is very useful, thanks

• @hotsnow - The control panel currently does not. It will before the end of the month. For the moment we've been manually mounting that specific ISO for our clients mid-install.

• @BlueVM said:
    hotsnow - The control panel currently does not. It will before the end of the month. For the moment we've been manually mounting that specific ISO for our clients mid-install.

many thanks, expect that feature on-line asap :)

• Think we all would love to see a 3.x OpenVZ kernel, but were forced to wait for Redhat to release RHEL 7 on that front.

• Just a quick update. I've decided to change the license to AGPL. We will still be selling master/slave licenses... but purchasing one if your a provider isn't required.

• @BlueVM said:
    Just a quick update. I've decided to change the license to AGPL. We will still be selling master/slave licenses... but purchasing one if your a provider isn't required.

So does that essentially mean that the project is donation-based (providers will only buy licenses if they feel generous)? Will the license checker still exist? Pretty awesome of you guys to go this route; I hope that providers still end up sponsoring the project enough to cover your costs.

@BlueVM said:
    Just a quick update. I've decided to change the license to AGPL. We will still be selling master/slave licenses... but purchasing one if your a provider isn't required.

Is IPN not set up or something?

• @amhoab - The license checker will still exist as will a small line of text admin side asking for you to purchase a license (this does not appear user side). There will be no user or admin impact if you choose not to purchase a license.

If you purchase a single license (regardless of how many slaves you have) the license checker will report that you have a valid license and will remove the line of text admin side.

• @BlueVM congratulations, this is awesome work. If I can make one remark: the logo reminds me too much of Softaculous/Virtualizor. I know that this is vastly superior software, so if I may make a tiny recommendation, I would change the logo if that's possible :-)

• perennate said: Is IPN not set up or something?

It is... the second you purchase a licence is the second it's activated.

--
    @marcm - I'm not a designer, but I'll pass it along to our designer. We'll have a secondary design coming out here soon and admins/users will be able to choose their favorite.

@BlueVM said:

Hm, I sent payment and got PayPal receipt but it's not showing as paid.

• @BlueVM said:
    amhoab - The license checker will still exist as will a small line of text admin side asking for you to purchase a license (this does not appear user side).

This reminds me of the Proxmox approach (sorta kinda). What benefits are there in purchasing a license? Is there support included that otherwise wouldn't be?

• @perennate - Went through and manually activated it.

Thanked by 1perennate

@amhoab said:
    This reminds me of the Proxmox approach (sorta kinda). What benefits are there in purchasing a license? Is there support included that otherwise wouldn't be?

It says

If you intend on selling VPS from Feathur it is highly reccomended that you purchase a license. Feathur licenses remove the "unlicensed" notification from the panel, provide you with additional support and help to pay for Feathur's development and code auditing.

>

You can check so see if your provider has a license at: http://check.feathur.com/

So you get additional support, and the knowledge that you are supporting Feathur.

• BlueVMBlueVM Member
    edited November 2013

@amhoab - Yes we offer ticket based support and hands on support for those who purchase a license. We also offer forum and IRC support for those who do not.

perennate said: So you get additional support, and the knowledge that you are supporting Feathur.

Basically, yes.

• perennate said: Hm, I sent payment and got PayPal receipt but it's not showing as paid.

PayPal had an IPN fuckup earlier, go figure.

This discussion has been closed.