Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Feathur Launch (VPS Control Panel => 0.6.0.1 => Free For Private Use) - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Feathur Launch (VPS Control Panel => 0.6.0.1 => Free For Private Use)

Comments

• edited November 2013

Did anyone have Feathur working when adding a server?

• DroidzoneDroidzone Member
    edited November 2013

@Infinity580 said:
    Yay

It works without issues on Wheezy? Online.net doesnt provide squeeze any more.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@joelgm yay = release yay
    So Debian 7 will not work? i will try it on my gen2 later

• @joelgm said:
    It works without issues on Wheezy? Online.net doesnt provide squeeze any more.

It won't install. I think that it checks your OS version before running the installation as I've created a Debian 7 vm and in the end ended up needing to setup a Debian 6 vm for it.
    Anyway, I'm stuck at Install Phase 12 for I don't know what reason.

• @wcypierre said:
    I think that it checks your OS version before running the installation

Yup, but that's easily circumvented by commenting a few lines around #61-75. However I'm wondering if someone has managed to make it work by completing the full install, bypassing those lines.

@BlueVM, any reason why Debian 7 is excluded from the compatibility list? Any known bugs on 7, or something?

• Do you install this in a fresh installed server? Previously I have a ready configured server using minstall, and stopped at process 12. I just reinstalled it and try the command, it's installing again. But after installed, adding a server always shows an error

• @ErawanArifNugroho said:
    Did anyone have Feathur working when adding a server?

@BlueVM Seems like its not only me. But this release is working differently than the one in your OpenVZ slave installation video, it doesn't remove the KVM specific values when I select OVZ. It should be an easy fix.

Do you install this in a fresh installed server? Previously I have a ready configured server using minstall, and stopped at process 12. I just reinstalled it and try the command, it's installing again. But after installed, adding a server always shows an error

yeah, it is running on a kvm vm on my computer with a newly installed Debian 6.0.8 and it simply stucks at that step 12.

• I'm pleased to see that so many developers, hosting companies, enthusiasts are trying to help this project grow !

Do you install this in a fresh installed server? Previously I have a ready configured server using minstall, and stopped at process 12. I just reinstalled it and try the command, it's installing again. But after installed, adding a server always shows an error

Are you able to install sendmail? the scripts says sendmail but I need to change it to sendmail-bin in order for it to work

• Installer could not download http://dotdeb.feathur.com/dotdeb/all nginx
    Log stops at this point.
    debian 6.0.8 x64 in VirtualBox

• @vedran - There's already a place for that: http://check.feathur.com

@dhamaniasad, @ErawanArifNugroho - We just made a patch to the existing version which should correct that. You can either do a forced update or wait 10 - 20 minutes for Feathur to update on it's own.

@AleksZ - Mind forwarding me the log?

• @BlueVM said:
    dhamaniasad, ErawanArifNugroho - We just made a patch to the existing version which should correct that. You can either do a forced update or wait 10 - 20 minutes for Feathur to update on it's own.

Server added, but this : The specified CPHP configuration path was not found. Refer to the CPHP manual for instructions.

• @dhamaniasad - That means that Feathur can't find/access /var/feathur/config.json ... either due to permissions or the file not existing.

• dhamaniasaddhamaniasad Member
    edited November 2013

@BlueVM said:
    dhamaniasad - That means that Feathur can't find/access /var/feathur/config.json ... either due to permissions or the file not existing.

I added the server, refreshed, and started getting this error. What should I do?

Edit : I don't see any config.json file in that directory.

• @BlueVM Your front page on feathur.com is showing example testimonials.

• @BlueVM, @wcypierre fixed it, install going on now

• jonejone Member
    edited November 2013

@Rallias said:
    I think your translator is broken. Is the word you're looking for "done" or "finished"? If so, correct. It's not finished yet. I'm actively working on it right now though.

Feathur is your work? why are you answered me this question ?

don't be too picky.

• @bluevm Feathur seems like it will become a solid contender to the status quo that is currently being offered - thank you!

• wcypierrewcypierre Member
    edited November 2013

@jone said:
    don't be too picky.

Unfortunately, he does contribute to the project(or at least one of the contributer for it). https://github.com/BlueVM/Feathur/graphs/contributors

• wcypierrewcypierre Member
    edited November 2013

@Zen said:
    Pretty sure Justin does most if not all of the PHP. Rallias handles install scripts and obviously has knowledge of the product given he's part of BlueVM. You can see this via his commits: https://github.com/BlueVM/Feathur/commits?author=rallias

yeah, I've noticed bout it as well. That's why I've changed my reply to reflect about that. my apologies on that

Thanked by 1Zen
  • jonejone Member
    edited November 2013

I don't know what to say. this is a nice project.

• Congrats on your launch. How many slaves can be added with the paid license?

• LeeLee Veteran

Nice work, for all the claims many make about creating alternatives this is the first I have seen that actually delivers and on very good terms too.

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep

@ultimatehostings said:
    Congrats on your launch. How many slaves can be added with the paid license?

Presumably unlimited, at $3.50/mo per slave node.

• @lukasubo said:
    BlueVM Your front page on feathur.com is showing example testimonials.

We're currently waiting for real testimonials. But, Troll Under the Bridge is a good friend of mine. How dare you say he's an example!

• @perennate said:
    Presumably unlimited, at $3.50/mo per slave node.

Sounds awesome, looks like more people will switch from solusvm to feather soon.

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

So, how can we eventually make bigger donations?

• Looking very nice... Congrats on the release...

While I might not jump on the bandwagon just yet, I will keep an eye on this for future consideration.

• @Alex_LiquidHost said:
    So, how can we eventually make bigger donations?

By putting a bigger number in the licenses box.

This discussion has been closed.