Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Feathur Launch (VPS Control Panel => 0.6.0.1 => Free For Private Use) - Page 7
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Feathur Launch (VPS Control Panel => 0.6.0.1 => Free For Private Use)

123457»

Comments

• @BlueVM, I tried to install Feathur, but I don't get any option in "What is the name of your trunk interface?", and when I enter eth0 it just breaks 5 minutes later and my server can't be accessed.

• Just necro-posting to say "RIP Feathur" :-(

Your domain is up but your github is gone.

Plus, your owners are replacing you with SolusVM due to performance issues.

• No need to dig up an almost 2 years old thread.

• Still licensed haha

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

BeardyUnixGuy said: Just necro-posting to say "RIP Feathur" :-(

Your domain is up but your github is gone.

Nobody has a copy of the code?

• @Maounique said:
    Nobody has a copy of the code?

I do. Is on github. Search feathur

• @Maounique A while back I looked for a copy of the Feathur code but only found an empty repo and a repo with 2yr old code.

I now assume that the second one belongs to @TinyTunnel_Tom.

There's also this one, but I was looking for a clone of the vanilla Feathur repo.

• If this is APGL and I can get a copy I might be able to find some time to debug and fix some it. It was a step in right direction it is just too bad it never went anywhere. I would want a vanilla copy as well not something some one else has worked on.

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

I really had hoped that feathur would have been continually developed. Such a shame as it had potential. Seems Justin lost interest.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited June 2015

@jbiloh do you know if feathur was part of the sale to CVPS, Not asking in a oh dear CC own everything way just because I know you and Chris are friends?

I am fairly sure that Justin still owns feathur and that it wasn't part of the bluevm buyout. Justin recently got a new job and I think he lost interest in Internet related things.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@AutoraZ as I understand that's a custom license as per post one of this thread.

• @jbiloh said:
    I am fairly sure that Justin still owns feathur and that it wasn't part of the bluevm buyout. Justin recently got a new job and I think he lost interest in Internet related things.

So if some of us can get in touch with Justin and ask him to release the code under some open source guidelines, then maybe the community can develope something out of it?

@TheOnlyDK said:
    So if some of us can get in touch with Justin and ask him to release the code under some open source guidelines, then maybe the community can develope something out of it?

Probably worth a shot.

• FeathurFeathur Member
    edited June 2015

TheOnlyDK said: So if some of us can get in touch with Justin and ask him to release the code under some open source guidelines, then maybe the community can develope something out of it?

http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/56286/feathur-the-github-is-restored

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

Closing this thread. Feel free to continue in the new thread. Link in above post

This discussion has been closed.