Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Feathur Launch (VPS Control Panel => 0.6.0.1 => Free For Private Use) - Page 6
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Feathur Launch (VPS Control Panel => 0.6.0.1 => Free For Private Use)

Comments

• Is there any discounts for students :)

• @lukesUbuntu - Yeah it's free.

• @BlueVM said:
    Just a quick update. I've decided to change the license to AGPL. We will still be selling master/slave licenses... but purchasing one if your a provider isn't required.

great job, thanks :)

• I wish they had a blesta module

• @BlueVM I highly recommend you look into porting this into a proper MVC framework. My first two choices would be Larvel or Yii. I am seriously considering doing it myself when I get the time considering all the real management logic is pre-existing and just needs to be re-structured.

• BlueVMBlueVM Member
    edited November 2013

@pcfreak30 - I don't think it'd be as easy as you think. You'd have to rewrite pretty much 50% of the code plus all of the templates.

It's not something you can just lay over the top. Also I don't understand why everyone seems to feel that my code needs a different framework. The one it's built on is perfectly acceptable and lightweight. While cPHP doesn't technically meet your definition of a "proper MVC" it does follow the flow (most of the time):

http://dab1nmslvvntp.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/MVC-Process.png

Thanked by 1ErawanArifNugroho
  • @BlueVM, thats where your a bit mistaken IMHO. The template engine can be used as is as I would not port them. Since you can use twig/smarty in Yii, you can easily take the template class to render in a different framework. You can also easily do find/replace and re-factoring in an IDE. A lot of the grunt work could be handled by PhpStorm as an example.

The big thing about MVC frameworks I like is using an entry script so that not all scripts are exposed and it helps prevent security issues to an extent. Its also good with pretty URL's. If you want an extremely minimal framework that follows this, minphp (By blesta) comes to mind, but lacks documentation.

Thats just my 2 cents :).

• @cphp does support "pretty urls", I just haven't implemented them (yet). Feathur does follow an MVC format... perhaps not exactly as you prefer it, but it works and it's secure.

• Who created cphp as I can not find it on google?

• BlueVMBlueVM Member
    edited November 2013

@pcfreak30 - joepie91

From what I'm understanding it seems that my dyslexia contributed to me creating code which not everyone finds visually appealing. The code does what it's supposed to do, but from a purely visual standpoint some people don't like to use if() statements in the same manner I do.

I'm not saying you're wrong about potentially "needing" to use a different framework, I'm open for discussion, I just don't see anything that is absolutely missing.

• Debian 7 is still unsupported, right? I'd love to use it on my online.net dedi, however IPMI does not work well, and I cant find an option for Debian 6.

• It will be great to reply to my ticket and to fix my reseller account or give my money back.

• @Grande said:

It will be great to reply to my ticket and to fix my reseller account or give my money back.

You really thought this was the right thread to post this? One new thread not enough?

• @Grande We resolved this issue a while ago and this is the wrong place to be asking for support. The issue was caused by MySQL abuse. Coming on other threads that have no relevance to your issue and saying the same generalized statement over and over again will not solve your problem. We respond to all of our tickets within 24 hours and we ask that people are patient especially during sales as our support requests increase tenfold. If you have any further questions don't hesitate to submit a ticket or visit us on IRC.

• @pcfreak30 @BlueVM

I definitely agree that it would have been much better to start off with a mature framework with tons of community support around it (go Yii!). It'd probably take forever, though, to rewrite Feathur to fit in another framework considering how deep it's gone the cphp route.

• Very nice panel.

• Please do not change the design to the one in the firsr post. The new one doesnt look as good as the old one:(

• joelgm said: Debian 7 is still unsupported, right? I'd love to use it on my online.net dedi, however IPMI does not work well, and I cant find an option for Debian 6.

There's good reason for that actually... Debian 7 doesn't have openvz support, otherwise it'd have been Debian 7 instead of 6.

trexos said: Please do not change the design to the one in the firsr post. The new one doesnt look as good as the old one:(

You'll be able to choose which design you prefer. Neither one will be "fixed".

• agoldenbergagoldenberg Member, Host Rep

@BlueVM trying to get this installed but when I run the installer command, it gets to configuring 1 of 4 and doesn't progress. Any ideas?

• Isn't feathur open source?

So why not fork then pull request instead of bashing the original developer because he didn't used the framework/pattern that you love?

Thanked by 2perennate Mark_R
  • @agoldenberg - If you get the install log I'll gladly take a look at it.

• @agoldenberg - On my CentOS 6 installs it does that if I try to reinstall again after it hangs.
    Try installing on fresh O/S.

I did it on a fresh install, now I'm getting a PHP error

• @agoldenberg - Look something like this

"Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'ConstructorException' with message 'Invalid type passed on to constructor for object of type .... hur/cphp/class.databaserecord.php on line 161"

yup that's the one.

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran
    edited November 2013

EDIT: See Below

• BlueVMBlueVM Member
    edited November 2013

@FrankZ - Login to mysql and issue this command:

use panel;

and then get the SQL provided here and paste it in:

http://pastie.org/pastes/8500144/text?key=n7qoj1pfjl9lmmaacfmigg

then

http://pastie.org/pastes/8500153/text?key=zimwjcszclmlayyunohmua

Should fix you right up...

• @BlueVM - Fixed me right up, thanks
    And thank you for the good work you are doing here.

• EvixoEvixo Member
    edited November 2013

Looks great, definitely keeping my eye on this.

• @BlueVM - Thanks for releasing your work under AGPL! Nice addition for the open source community :D

This discussion has been closed.