Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GreenValueHost (GVH) VPS clients being sold to Xfuse Solutions - Page 8
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

GreenValueHost (GVH) VPS clients being sold to Xfuse Solutions

Comments

• @Sady said:
    Is 512MB RAM 10SSD & some reasonable amount of BW in $5/yr reasonable ?
    I've 2x those blackfridays promos, so want to make sure if i would still have that or i should start to look for a new one ?

While it isn't really. I don't have a problem with that plan. You are fine. The $3 year 150gb and 75tb plans are the main one's I am after. Only about 100 of them or so...

• ATHKATHK Member
    edited February 2015

@XFS_Duke said:
    While it isn't really. I don't have a problem with that plan. You are fine. The $3 year 150gb and 75tb plans are the main one's I am after. Only about 100 of them or so...

The conversion rate will be low mate unless you surprise them with excellent uptime, performance and support which no doubt you will.. At least compared to GVH..

Honestly out of that 100 I wouldn't expect 90 of them to stay, that's not due to you just due to them not having an unreal deal anymore.. I hope that's not the case though...

Thanked by 2netomx Pwner
  • @XFS_Duke said:

What about the $3 a year 128mb plans?

• gsrdgrdghd said: What happens to account credit at GVH? Will it be transfered to you Duke?

• @linuxthefish said:
    What about the $3 a year 128mb plans?

I really would assume that would be fine.... Like due said, it' the 75TB plans @ $5/mo.

• MeanServersMeanServers Member, Host Rep

Congrats @XFS_Duke on your purchase. There is a long road ahead of you but do not let the nay-sayers and those feeding off the drama get you down. Yes you will lose some customers currently on the insanely cheap plans and those that were up to no good. Who cares though? They are likely more trouble than they are worth and will move on to the next guy offering the unsustainable $5/year deal.

By raising the prices on the plans to a level on par with others, you will be able to provide a stable, reliable and better supported product that nuggets never could. Instead of crucifying Duke like some have, we should be thanking him. No more GVH drama threads, no more nuggets and we can finally focus on a new subject for a change.

Not everyone will agree with the changes Duke will make, that is fine. If you want service that actually works though, it comes at a price higher than GVH was offering. If saving a few dollars is that important, host your VPS on your home computer, it will probably work better than it ever did at GVH. Stop criticizing Duke for raising the bar. I for one welcome the change simply knowing that Duke knows how to run his business, no more GVH drama threads! Thanks Duke.

• @MeanServers said:
    Congrats XFS_Duke on your purchase. There is a long road ahead of you but do not let the nay-sayers and those feeding off the drama get you down. Yes you will lose some customers currently on the insanely cheap plans and those that were up to no good. Who cares though? They are likely more trouble than they are worth and will move on to the next guy offering the unsustainable $5/year deal.

By raising the prices on the plans to a level on par with others, you will be able to provide a stable, reliable and better supported product that nuggets never could. Instead of crucifying Duke like some have, we should be thanking him. No more GVH drama threads, no more nuggets and we can finally focus on a new subject for a change.

Not everyone will agree with the changes Duke will make, that is fine. If you want service that actually works though, it comes at a price higher than GVH was offering. If saving a few dollars is that important, host your VPS on your home computer, it will probably work better than it ever did at GVH. Stop criticizing Duke for raising the bar. I for one welcome the change simply knowing that Duke knows how to run his business, no more GVH drama threads! Thanks Duke.

I'd agree, it should also help get spamhaus of colocrossings back for a little bit.

• if somebody bought whatever, how come all the info is still in GVH?

• SadySady Member
    edited February 2015

@XFS_Duke said:

That's great,
    That means your purchase has a very good impact for me :)

• What will happen to the personal information of previous clients? Will they also be transferred over in this deal?

• You are living in a dream world if you think nuggets isn't keeping a copy of all that data for his "relaunch" this endeavor is enabling. If you think a non compete signed by his parents for the sale of customers of a company he doesn't even own on paper is enforceable (or financially justified) you are kidding yourself. This is just another page in Jonny's playbook that plays everyone as the fool.

I think Duke's intention is pure (wouldn't call it noble), he wants to help, but this does absolutley nothing to teach Jon the lessons that should be learned from his joke of a company. Sometimes people need to fall on their face to learn a lesson, especially the hard headed ones like Jon. All this does is give him a free escape from the problems he created, and gives him (or Lance, exactly who Duke is paying is a bit unclear given Jon seems to be the one involved in the non-compete and negotiations even though Lance owns the company on paper) some extra coin in his pocket as a bonus. What Jon takes away from this is it's ok to lie, steal, treat customers like dirt as someone will always come in to clean up the mess, and he'll get a payout to boot.

• mike1smike1s Member
    edited February 2015

I think this is a good thing!

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

OT: What does "nuggets" mean in the context of jon?
    I think The deal is not worth it, if duke pulls it out without major disasters, he is a miracle man and I will be in awe of his skills.
    If it wont work, nobody really expects it, except the dreamers that believe in those fairy-tales in the first place and I hope those are few, most people really buying just for the fun factor.
    So, I hope the most probable collapse of this will not affect anyone too seriously and Duke still gets an A for trying.

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited February 2015

Maounique said: OT: What does "nuggets" mean in the context of jon?

His surname is Nugyen or something like that, so sounds like nuggets. Not sure who coined it but it fits

Lee said: surname

Ugh, that is really low, even for LET.

• @Maounique said:

Welcome to the internet.

• LeeLee Veteran

Maounique said: Ugh, that is really low, even for LET.

Really? I am pleased then, if you think LET has improved so much that is considered low.

GO LET TEAM

@Mikho
    @Spirit
    @mpkossen
    @jcaleb
    @Lee

Tagged myself so I don't feel left out.

I mean, I can understand hatred and "hadenough" feelings, however, attacking someone on things he cannot change such as his surname, sex, age, color, etc, is not "kosher", maybe I am too old for this :)

• Ok, so all the data will be moved over to the new site when the complete deal is finalized. I'm working on the new site and trying to get everything up and running without issues. I'll ensure that data is transferred and then removed from Jonny's control so you won't get emails later.

@MeanServers thanks!

XFS_Duke said: I'll ensure that data is transferred and then removed from Jonny's control so you won't get emails later.

Oh, so, you think he never had an opportunity to save a copy of the data or not able to retrieve it from the leaked database already "out there"?

Thanked by 1Mark_R
  • Maounique said: OT: What does "nuggets" mean in the context of jon?

It was intended to be both a play on his surname and the fact he was always going on about how much money he'd made (remember the phase of posting screenshots of sales from WHCMS?).

Lee said: Not sure who coined it but it fits

I think it might have been me.

Maounique said: Ugh, that is really low, even for LET.

Then I'm sure you'll be completely unsurprised that it was me :-p

Thanked by 2ATHK mikho
  • @Maounique said:
    Oh, so, you think he never had an opportunity to save a copy of the data or not able to retrieve it from the leaked database already "out there"?

Pretty sure Duke will set something up in place of that...

MSPNick said: Pretty sure Duke will set something up in place of that...

Like?

• LeeLee Veteran

@MSPNick said:

Nothing you can put in place when the data has already left your control. The question is whether he would use it and the consequences of doing so.

None of our business, that is up to Duke.

• @Lee said:

Yes - I believe Duke being as smart as he is will already put something in place.

• Yea, I'm going to put things in place to eliminate this. Don't have to worry about that.

• Maounique said: Oh, so, you think he never had an opportunity to save a copy of the data or not able to retrieve it from the leaked database already "out there"?

Don't be silly. GVH keeps "backups" as tar files on the same, individual server from where the data came.

Thanked by 1ATHK
  • @XFS_Duke

I am curious, how will you eliminate the ability of John to keep customer data? data he had (or maybe still haves) under his control.

I also have another question (or curiosity if you will). Will ever ex-GVH customer have to contact you and negotiate a deal, or will you offer the same deal to everyone, in the following style?:
    GVH Plan X will be renewed by XFS Plan Y
    and so on.....

• @paulof said:
    XFS_Duke

I am curious, how will you eliminate the ability of John to keep customer data? data he had (or maybe still haves) under his control.

I also have another question (or curiosity if you will). Will ever ex-GVH customer have to contact you and negotiate a deal, or will you offer the same deal to everyone, in the following style?:
    GVH Plan X will be renewed by XFS Plan Y
    and so on.....

They'll all be offered the same unless they contact me and request something else.

• Lee said: Really? I am pleased then, if you think LET has improved so much that is considered low.

I think if he is cool with the monicker its ok. But if not, I could only remember my geeky looking friends in college who were bullied by the more popular kids.