Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bad experience with ChicagoVPS - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Bad experience with ChicagoVPS

Comments

• @VMbox said:
    4 weeks ago i purchased a WHMCS license for one year. A week ago the license was randomly suspended after only 3 weeks of use. Ticket has gone unanswered for the last week.

Did you bought with their discount coupons that were not meant for whmcs but for vps products ?

• VMbox said: I understand the full front page can't be filled with CVPS threads, but if that many people are having problems, then they shouldn't be allowed here, even with all the problems, they're at the top of LEB right now. :/

To be fair to them, the services I have with them are working fine.. hopefully they're just in an especially bad spot at the moment.

Your WHMCS troubles are concerning, though.

• StevenNStevenN Member, Host Rep

@ftpit said:

Yes, i used a discount, although that's irrelevant to the situation.

As you probably use WHMCS, like i do, when discount coupons are made, there are clear options as to what products discounts are applied to. If they felt i'd abused the system, then they shouldn't have issued the license in the first place.

• @VMbox I bet they messed it while making the coupons and applied to all products

• StevenNStevenN Member, Host Rep

@ftpit said:
    VMbox I bet they messed it while making the coupons and applied to all products

I don't think that's the case. The product is still in 'pending' state in their billing and the license was suspended by WHMCS not CVPS. If CVPS suspended the license, they would have suspended in their system too? The main issue is no resolution for a week, luckily i already had a license active with WHMCS but i've had to renew directly when i shouldn't have.

• @0xdragon said:
    Honestly this is biased, shameful activity because I remember GVH's threads were never merged and sunk. There are still quite a few there...

Even if the administrators and moderators of this forum and/or ColoCrossing offered to merge our complaint threads (which they have not), I would most definitely insist on not letting that happen.

As you may know, I respond to each and every single complaint and give my very best effort in resolving them. I prefer to assist clients with issues individually and not have a clutter of confusion in the way and prefer morality over bullshitting our clients.

• jnguyen said: I respond to each and every single complaint

We know, thanks for keeping WHT entertaining btw

• @texteditor said:
    We know, thanks for keeping WHT entertaining btw

Have you noticed that recently instead of a negative review thread on WHT we've gotten a recommendation there? There's definitely improvement going on.

When would be the right time to say I told you so? I'm excited ..!

• CVPS_ChrisCVPS_Chris Member, Patron Provider

Hey guys, just an update. We have hired a new support rep that will be replacing the outsourced team and James.

We will get ChicagoVPS support back to where it previously was, I do admit a small hiccup the past two months when we lost some support techs but we cannot add someone without a extensive interview and background checks.

Thanks

Chris

• @CVPS_Chris said:

We will get ChicagoVPS support back to where it previously was

I'd aim a bit higher than that if I were you. Even at it's best, CVPS support has a history of being little more than mediocre.

Thanked by 4ATHK netomx RLT Amitz
  • @steveo , Instead of giant walls of text that you could of just wrote .. take screenshots.

Plain text is not valid proof.

Although screenshots can easily be doctored too it just looks more credible.

Thanked by 2mpkossen Mark_R
  • Yes, Chris the owner has disappeared....

• @kovacsak said:
    Yes, Chris the owner has disappeared....

No, he hasn't.

• I opened a paypal dispute to get refunded. Let's see what happens next.

I would definitely recommend anyone to stay away from CVPS. Unless you are looking for a cheap VM to experiment and you don't care about your data. But then again, you will need to wait a while before having it up and running.

• @patdumais said:
    I opened a paypal dispute to get refunded. Let's see what happens next.

I would definitely recommend anyone to stay away from CVPS. Unless you are looking for a cheap VM to experiment and you don't care about your data. But then again, you will need to wait a while before having it up and running.

lol your summary was good but reading the other comments about CVPS did it stop you from buying?

• CVPS_ChrisCVPS_Chris Member, Patron Provider

@Patdumais

The issues you were having with the KVM was fixed. There were some template errors on the node so we uploaded them all again to both WHMCS and the node.

Im sorry for the problems you came across, its been a rough month, but we are getting back on track. Hopefully someday we may see you back in the future.

Thanks

Chris

• This is pathetic.

• I think Chris is crazy or he think, that I am crazy. Please read this PM. He has sent it to me after he has lost all my files!

"CVPS_ChrisCVPS_Chris 5:50PM

Kovacsak, we do not offer refunds, only account credit. I also read over your support ticket. The VPS is up and running.

kovacsakkovacsak 6:58PM

WITHOUT MY DATA! Your VPS worth a piece of s..t without my files!!"

• hostnoobhostnoob Member
    edited September 2014

Yes yes, we all know ChicagoVPS are shit and don't provide refunds already.

Plus that guy doesn't really visit LET anyway.

• @CVPS_Chris , Cmon man, do I need to hire you a PR guy?

• SpeedyKVMSpeedyKVM Banned, Member

Confucius say; he who store critical data on cheap vps without off-site backups will not have great success in life!

• GoodHosting said: @CVPS_Chris , Cmon man, do I need to hire you a PR guy?

Only if he can carte-blanche blame all the systematic problems on you when he fires you :)

• @kovacsak restore your backups with another host and move on?

• @wych said:
    kovacsak restore your backups with another host and move on?

How to backup some installed and configured application?

• noone really to blame but yourself, you knew what you were buying. Plenty of CVPS threads for you to read and make the right choice, obviously you did the opposite.

• @kovacsak said:

daily full backups or full backup + incrememntal backups?

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

The fact that you bought anything from by FAR the worst provider here is just silly however I think having backups is one thing and yes you really should have backed up your configs etc.

The actual point here which people are missing is not that you had problems etc...... CVPS actually deleted your data through incompetence which just adds more fuel to the fire.

Thanked by 3DomainBop zhuanyi tux
  • PwnerPwner Member
    edited September 2014

This thread belongs in the Cest Pit, not in Providers.

# Reviews

Customer posting a review about a provider must be willing to provide proof of being/having been a customer there within two months of posting the review. In addition to that, any support tickets related to the case at hand should be shared in case the customer still has access to those.

A violation of this rule could result in a temporary ban.

If you have a bad experience with a provider, don't like the way a support ticket was written, are you really satisfied with your IP address, or your provider doesn't support IPv6 even though you thought they would: go to the Cest Pit.

I don't know about you guys, but I'm getting tired of the CVPS (and other bad providers) complaints popping up. At this rate we should just dedicate separate categories for these providers.

Thanked by 1zhuanyi
  • SpeedyKVMSpeedyKVM Banned, Member
    edited September 2014

@kovacsak said: How to backup some installed and configured application?

I would look into docker, it will make situations like yours much less stressful.
    https://www.docker.com/whatisdocker/

• If you don't like seeing people complain about shitty experiences with providers, I question why you would read such posts and then complain about their existence.

Please be an adult and merely continue past such posts without sullying yourself, while allowing the rest of us to absorb the pertinent data thereby helping us to make more educated decisions about vps providers in the future.

Thank you for your consideration.

This discussion has been closed.