Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bad experience with ChicagoVPS - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Bad experience with ChicagoVPS

Comments

• MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran
    edited August 2014

Also, it appears this thread is set to sink. I responded and it's still buried on the homepage. Was this an accident? @mpkossen @Spirit

• @steveo said:
    Spirit you're an admin on this board? If this service has been known as bad for a month or so why are they the first provider right now on lowendbox.com you sister site? Why are they still allowed to post deals? I was an existing ChicagoVPS customer for 1 year. I did not know about this site today when I googled ChicagoVPS sucks, seriously google it. It was days after I signed up for another year that the service got bad. Until then it was great. I think everyone who has had trouble with ChicagoVPS should post on this board until something is done. Also, it appears the company will just plain ignore you utill you make enough noise. This is my noise.

I've just requested you to share some actual proof of being a customer there (and/or having issues).

• Mun said: Colocrossing, tells the admins on this board to keep "kind" to CVPS and other similar companies.

I was never asked that, actually. Nor anyone else AFAIK. Not sure how many staff will stay around in case that would be a requirement, but I think none.

• @MannDude said:
    Also, it appears this thread is set to sink. I responded and it's still buried on the homepage. Was this an accident? mpkossen Spirit

I didn't sink it and I don't know who did, but I just unsunk it.

Thanked by 1MannDude
  • I did it because that's just daily YACT (yet another chicagovps thread) opened by someone who created forum account today solely for this purpose. And with new one opened tomorrow by another new guy I will do the same.
    Because there's more than enough relatively fresh cvps related threads to post own experience into them.

Thanked by 1mpkossen
  • @Spirit said:
    I did it because that's just daily YACT (yet another chicagovps thread) opened by someone who created forum account today solely for this purpose. And with new one opened tomorrow by another new guy I will do the same.
    Because there's more than enough relatively fresh cvps related threads to post own experience into them.

Fair enough. Let's wait for that proof from the OP.

• Horrible company. My 2 cents.

• zedzed Member

@Spirit said:
    I did it because that's just daily YACT (yet another chicagovps thread) opened by someone who created forum account today solely for this purpose. And with new one opened tomorrow by another new guy I will do the same.

I'm not sure why the number of threads re any provider is relevant, except to show to all parties which "companies" are safe to use and which are not.

If it's an issue of resources for LET, I'm sure several providers would be interested in donating.

Please consider continuing to allow people to share their experiences with providers so that the entire internet can be made more aware of who is safe to purchase services from and who is not.

Thank you for your consideration.

-- one LET reader who appreciates seeing these threads.

• Identical threads about same topic at frontpage merged.

• MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran
    edited August 2014

Spirit said: Identical threads about same topic at frontpage merged.

I guess that is one way to address the issue. Make it look like less of an issue by merging and sinking threads so those researching the company your boss has featured on his other site (LEB) doesn't see these in bulk...

I understand wanting to verify the requests, but c'mon. Don't you see a trend here? Horrible, unequipped 'support' (James). Bad service and performance? I'd say it's pretty safe to assume these aren't made up claims when others verify their issues with you guys and then one guy comes here with more or less the same issue and doesn't respond to your request for verification fast enough?

Where were you merging threads when GVH was on the front page of LET 3 times or more for misc stuff? Can we expect to see that in the future? Or is this more of an isolated case due to Chris being long-term friends with, and office mates with the owner of this site and LEB?

No doubt CVPS has a bad rep but you can't blame the visitors to your own community for that. I'm quite certain they have a lot of satisfied customers, and I know more than anything you can't please everyone all the time (Remember, I worked for a similar company in the past...), but sheesh. These reviews are horrid and appear honest and legitimate. Seems like the interest here is more to cover the issue up and sweep it under the rug so a friend of the owner here can make some money selling services he's not equipped to properly support at this time instead of you guys having any interest -at all- in protecting the community by allowing these threads to remain independent and available to be seen separately.

Shame.

Thanked by 1DomainBop
  • SpiritSpirit Member
    edited August 2014

MannDude said: Make it look like less of an issue by merging and sinking threads so those researching the company your boss has featured on his other site (LEB) doesn't see these in bulk...

I am pretty sure that you will do your the best that this won't be issue ;-) but I will do my moderators work (ie. merge frontpage threads with same topic) you like it or not anyway.
    Did you complain about me at VPS board IRC channel already to get some attention about this matter from your followers or you will do this in next few minutes? And no I don't plan to be part of your standard yada yada sicko games. This topic is your regular obsession not mine.
    Have a good day.

Thanked by 1IceCream
  • Spirit said: Did you complain about me at VPS board IRC channel already to get some attention about this matter from your followers or you will do this in next few minutes?

He did it at same time you posted this :D

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited August 2014

Heh... why I am not shocked? Lets wait long try-to-sound kind well argumented self explanation now.

• StevenNStevenN Member, Host Rep

4 weeks ago i purchased a WHMCS license for one year. A week ago the license was randomly suspended after only 3 weeks of use. Ticket has gone unanswered for the last week.

Avoid, they don't give a f**k.

• Proof, please.

• 0xdragon said: Proof, please.

yes because ChicagoVPS being scummy and not caring about customers is far-fetched

very unlike them to be assholes (lol)

@0xdragon said:
    Proof, please.

?

What would you like?

Why has my thread been merged? @mpkossen

• @texteditor said:
    very unlike them to be assholes (lol)

Personally I believe him. It's just that certain people like to hide behind the "it's a dodgy customer" excuse when dealing with bad business reviews.

Honestly this is biased, shameful activity because I remember GVH's threads were never merged and sunk. There are still quite a few there...

• VMbox said: Why has my thread been merged? @mpkossen

Another identical thread about same topic at frontpage from today merged.

And my new thread with valid proof deleted. Blatant cover up. This would never happen with any other company. @Spirit explanation?

Thanked by 1DomainBop
  • Their support threads read from bottom to top so start at the bottom and go to top Part 1

James Burkowitz || Staff
    Hello,

Unfortunately, we could not save your data as the harddrive was crashed.

James Burkowitz
    Support Guru
    How would you rate this reply? Poor Excellent
    Friday, July 11th, 2014 (20:39) || Client
    My VPS is back online but ALL MY DATA IS GONE. I also received a welcome to your VPS letter. Please don't tell me all my data is gone. I need an answer on this ASAP.
    Friday, July 11th, 2014 (11:33) James Burkowitz || Staff
    Hello,

Sure, we appreciate your patience in this matter.

James Burkowitz
    Support Guru
    Friday, July 11th, 2014 (10:49) || Client
    Ok Thank You, Please Update the Ticket when it is back up.
    Friday, July 11th, 2014 (08:07) James Burkowitz || Staff
    Hello,

I really understand your concern and do apologize for that. We are trying our level best to fix the issue.

James Burkowitz
    Support Guru
    Friday, July 11th, 2014 (07:34) || Client
    It's now been over 24 hours since the outage started. Do you have an ETA, or at least an explanation of what is wrong. Is my vm and it's data still there? It's getting further than before, but now it's showing offline, and when I try to boot it, it does not boot and goes back online.
    Thursday, July 10th, 2014 (18:12) James Burkowitz || Staff
    Hello,

Unfortunately not at this moment. But we are trying to get it online asap.

James Burkowitz
    Support Guru
    Thursday, July 10th, 2014 (17:59) || Client
    Do you have an ETA on a fix?
    Thursday, July 10th, 2014 (12:57) James Burkowitz || Staff

Hello,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you,

we are currently working on them, we are working with remote hands to get this problems fixed.

James Burkowitz
    Support Guru
    Thursday, July 10th, 2014 (10:20) || Client
    This is a critical VPS for me, please update with status. thank-you
    Thursday, July 10th, 2014 (09:15) || Client
    I cannot manage my VPS and it's down. I see connecton error in the client area where the controls to the VPS would be(power on, off reboot...)

@Spirit said:

So this is the new universal, 'im having problems with CVPS' thread?

• Once again read from bottom to top

James Burkowitz || Staff
    Hello,

We understand that you faced lot of problem with your and now happy to hear that everything is running smooth. We have given you 2 months extension in your service as form of compensation.

James Burkowitz
    Support Guru
    Saturday, August 16th, 2014 (11:25) || Client

Thank-you It's the correct version of Ubuntu, and the password works. We can finally close this ticket, but it took 16 days, and a threat to the BBB and a PayPal claim to do it. Also, I really think you should remove the 99.9% guarantee from you website. 0.01% of one year is 8h 45m 5s. You've got way more that that in downtime already this year. It's false advertisement.
    Saturday, August 16th, 2014 (01:23) James Burkowitz || Staff
    Hello,

Sorry about inconveniences. I rebuilt your server with 12.04

here is root password.

James Burkowitz
    Support Guru
    Friday, August 15th, 2014 (22:24) || Client
    Also you state on your homepage: ChicagoVPS guarantees a 99.9% uptime with all services we offer.

No where near 99.9% I want a refund
    Friday, August 15th, 2014 (21:10) || Client
    For the record in addition to my Paypal claim, i've also filed a complain against you with the Better Business Bureau, of which I see there are plenty. All I want is a $20 refund. I don't see why this is such a problem for you??????

Friday, August 15th, 2014 (20:40) || Client
    This is not acceptable. First you can't do 14.04 now you can't do 12.04. Come on this is bullshit. 12.04 has worked for over a year. The software I use only works with Itr releases. I want 12.04 installed. this is not acceptable. Are you purposely messing with me or something?
    Friday, August 15th, 2014 (19:36) James Burkowitz || Staff
    Hello,

We have installed ubuntu 13+ as there was problem with ubuntu 12 template.

Please use this root password dTkT6XEo

James Burkowitz
    Support Guru
    Friday, August 15th, 2014 (16:59) || Client
    Are you me it says Ubuntu 12.04 in the ticket. This is exactly what I'm talking about. Everything takes forever with you people. and you never get anything done.

Friday, August 15th, 2014 (16:57) James Burkowitz || Staff
    Hello,

Please let us know which OS do you want to rebuild with?

James Burkowitz
    Support Guru
    You rated this response
    Friday, August 15th, 2014 (14:58) || Client
    I originally asked for Ubuntu 14.04, which was originally an option, but it's not there now, so apparently you still haven't been able to fix that template. The VPS you installed was Centos. Since I need this VPS to be up, I figured I'd reinstall Ubuntu 12.04. It appears to have installed but the Root PW is not working. Please reset the PW, or re-install the VPS or do something as I still cannot use the VPS. I have no data on there so feel free to wipe.

This has been such a horrible experience. When my VPS is up, I will be without a doubt be leaving your service.
    Friday, August 15th, 2014 (14:15) Luc Ayotte || Staff
    Hello,

I am very sorry about all this, a new VPS has been created and it has been emailed to you.

Luc Ayotte
    ChicagoVPS Support Tech
    [email protected]
    Friday, August 15th, 2014 (07:08) || Client
    Do you not see the thread below? Do you see where it says my VPS is currently not even showing up in my account or the multiple times where it says you can reinstall below?

Friday, August 15th, 2014 (01:25) James Burkowitz || Staff
    He,

Alright, we will. But please make sure all data will be wiped. Please advice.

James Burkowitz
    Support Guru
    Thursday, August 14th, 2014 (22:28) || Client
    Yes please that's all i've ever wanted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Thursday, August 14th, 2014 (22:25) James Burkowitz || Staff
    Hello,

Shall we create fresh VPS for you ?

James Burkowitz
    Support Guru
    Thursday, August 14th, 2014 (20:48) || Client
    ok fine. you have one last shot. Now i have no VPS listed in my account. If you can somehow manage to to install Ubuntu 14.04, something you have not been able to do for 2 weeks now after promising to install it several times, I'll use your service.
    Thursday, August 14th, 2014 (20:37) Luc Ayotte || Staff
    Hello,

I am sorry but it is not in our terms to refund, also I am offering for us to fix this but you keep pushing it away.

Luc Ayotte
    ChicagoVPS Support Tech
    [email protected]
    Wednesday, August 13th, 2014 (10:29) James Burkowitz || Staff
    Hello,

Please remain patience our billing team will get back to you.

James Burkowitz
    Support Guru
    Wednesday, August 13th, 2014 (09:18) || Client
    Hello? I've opened a case though PayPal. I'd rather not go thought them, and just have you guys refund the money. At least have the decency to respond back. I can't believe how rude you people have been. I don't understand either, I had the VPS service for a year and it was great, now it seams like nothing can be done correctly.
    Monday, August 11th, 2014 (17:02) || Client
    I've opened a case with PayPal. IF you wont refund my money, i'll force you to through them.
    Sunday, August 10th, 2014 (00:44) James Burkowitz || Staff
    Hello,

I am assigning your ticket to our billing team.

James Burkowitz
    Support Guru
    Saturday, August 9th, 2014 (23:44) || Client
    I don't want a new VPS. I want to be done with your company. I want my money back. I'm disgusted with the manner I was treated, and lied to by your tech support. If I do not receive my money back in the next 24 hours i'm going to file a claim with paypal.
    Saturday, August 9th, 2014 (22:57) Luc Ayotte || Staff
    Hello,

If you do not mind I will terminate and create a brand new VPS for you.

Luc Ayotte
    ChicagoVPS Support Tech
    [email protected]
    Thursday, August 7th, 2014 (13:02) || Client
    This is not the first time you have said wait 2 days. I want a Refund. for the Year i just paid but can't use, and I want to be done with ChicagoVPS. Please make this refund happen or I will start a complaint with PayPal, and get my money back anyways.
    Thursday, August 7th, 2014 (12:42) James Burkowitz || Staff
    Hello,

There is no free kvm node available in our datacenter. We will create it in next 2 days.

James Burkowitz
    Support Guru
    Thursday, August 7th, 2014 (11:37) James Burkowitz || Staff
    Hello,

We are working on it. We will get back to you shortly.

James Burkowitz
    Support Guru
    Thursday, August 7th, 2014 (10:14) || Client
    Ok, I'll give you guys one last shot. I don't care what we have to do. The IP can change, the node, anything. I just want a solid VM running Ubuntu 14.04, so I can start moving what I originally had over on the VPS back to it.

For a year this VPS was solid, no outages, lightning fast service.
    Thursday, August 7th, 2014 (10:10) James Burkowitz || Staff
    Hello,

Can we move you on different node where ubuntu 14 is available ?

James Burkowitz
    Support Guru
    Thursday, August 7th, 2014 (09:00) || Client
    I'd like a refund & my account Canceled. Since buying another year of this VPS service I have not been able to use my VPS once. Did you even read the thread before you responded.. I've been promised it fixed several times. The level of service I've received is disgusting. You should all be ashamed of yourselves........
    Thursday, August 7th, 2014 (08:24) James Burkowitz || Staff
    Hello Stephan,

Well, ubuntu 14.04 template is not available right now. For the time being, please use ubuntu 12.

James Burkowitz
    Support Guru
    Thursday, August 7th, 2014 (07:17) || Client
    Huh? Check what? Is the Ubuntu 14.04 templet fixed? I want to be on 14.04. You can do whatever you like with whatever is currently on my VPS, as it is a blank VPS from when my node crashed and you lost all my data.

I don't know why this is so difficult. This is turning into a Nightmare.
    Thursday, August 7th, 2014 (00:49) James Burkowitz || Staff
    Hello

Shall we reset the password in order check it?

James Burkowitz
    Support Guru
    Wednesday, August 6th, 2014 (21:59) || Client
    Still Ubuntu 12.04. Are you just lying to me? . I want this resolved or I want my money back. We're looking at about a week now. I can't believe I'm the only one of your clients asking for a working verson of Ubuntu 14.04???????
    Wednesday, August 6th, 2014 (09:49) James Burkowitz || Staff
    Hello,

We are still working on template issue and it will get resolved in next few hours.

James Burkowitz
    Support Guru
    Wednesday, August 6th, 2014 (07:07) || Client
    Please update me in the progress. It's been 48 hours
    Sunday, August 3rd, 2014 (14:29) James Burkowitz || Staff
    Hello,

We are sorry for the inconvenience cause to you. There is some problem with ubuntu template that is the reason we are not able to install it for you. We will get this fixed in next 24 to 48 hours and then we can install latest ubuntu for you.

James Burkowitz
    Support Guru
    Sunday, August 3rd, 2014 (12:48) James Burkowitz || Staff
    Hello,

Sure, we will re-install it.

James Burkowitz
    Support Guru
    Sunday, August 3rd, 2014 (11:02) || Client
    WHY CAN YOU NOT GET THIS RIGHT!!!!!

Look at the screenshot. It's supposed to be Ubuntu 14.04. Please reinstall and double check your work!!!!!!!!!
    Attachments:
    Screenshot 2014-08-03 at 11.00.22 AM.png
    Sunday, August 3rd, 2014 (01:11) James Burkowitz || Staff
    Hello Stephan,

Sorry about delay. I rebuilt your server.

Root/Admin Password: FO91Uhjx.

James Burkowitz
    Support Guru
    Saturday, August 2nd, 2014 (22:24) || Client
    How long is asap? 1 day 2 days?

Why is this process taking so long? First you loose my entire VPS. Now you can't even get me a new one? Please I would like a working VPS. I have a use for this system just waiting.......
    Saturday, August 2nd, 2014 (10:53) James Burkowitz || Staff
    Hello,

We will get back to you asap.

James Burkowitz
    Support Guru
    Saturday, August 2nd, 2014 (10:05) || Client
    A different vps and ip is fine as long as it's comparable and not openvz
    Saturday, August 2nd, 2014 (00:07) Luc Ayotte || Staff
    Hello,

Would you mind if I create a new VPS, do you need the have the same IP? Also I could get the ISO mounted so you could manually install it also.

Luc Ayotte
    ChicagoVPS Support Tech
    [email protected]
    Friday, August 1st, 2014 (12:44) James Burkowitz || Staff
    Hello,

We will address it asap.

James Burkowitz
    Support Guru
    Friday, August 1st, 2014 (11:43) || Client
    Ok, Thankyou

Do you have an ETA?
    Thursday, July 31st, 2014 (23:52) James Burkowitz || Staff
    Helo Stephan,

In our system it shows server being rebuilt with ubuntu 14 but looks like its rebuilding server with 12 only. I believe, its problem with the template. I have escalated this matter to concerned person.

James Burkowitz
    Support Guru
    Thursday, July 31st, 2014 (22:42) || Client
    I'm not sure how you can be mistaking this for being done but it very clearly still says ubuntu 12.04 on the login box.

As I said before, when you choose reinstall it's not actually doing anything short of rebooting the VPS

Thursday, July 31st, 2014 (21:19) James Burkowitz || Staff
    Hello,

Reinstalled again. Please check it and confirm.

James Burkowitz
    Support Guru
    Thursday, July 31st, 2014 (18:36) || Client
    Still shows up as Ubuntu 12.04
    Attachments:
    Screen Shot 2014-07-31 at 6.35.57 PM.png
    Thursday, July 31st, 2014 (17:26) James Burkowitz || Staff
    Hello,

OS has been reloaded. Kindly check it and confirm.

James Burkowitz
    Support Guru
    Thursday, July 31st, 2014 (16:48) || Client
    Yes, please load with Ubuntu 14.04. Thank you
    Thursday, July 31st, 2014 (16:15) James Burkowitz || Staff
    Hello,

Please confirm if you want to reload your vps with Ubuntu 14.04. We will do it for you manually.

James Burkowitz
    Support Guru
    Thursday, July 31st, 2014 (16:11) || Client
    Since I lost all my data, due to a drive failure I figured I'd upgrade to Ubuntu 14.04.

When I go to re install, it does not re-install. Instead it just reboots back to the blank Ubuntu 12.04 install.

• Client
    My server is not fine. I logged in and did a dpkg --configure -a, because the last time I did at apt-get dist-upgrade the server crashed, it crashed again. Except now the management console is showing an error and I can't boot it back up. By the status of the VPS it's obvious you did nothing. PLEASE ADVISE!!!!!!

I just want to say again. You have still not delivered me a usable product after over a month. Please just refund me my $20. You obviously cannot fix whatever problem you are having. You must have spent well over $20 in manhours reinstalling my vps, answering my questions. so far. I'm not dropping the issue. I'm going to keep pressing you until you deliver me a usable product or refund my money. I'm doing this on my own time, so it's not costing me a dime.

Saturday, August 30th, 2014 (01:49) James Burkowitz || Staff
    Hello,

We are sorry for inconvenience caused to you, Your server is working fine, Please check with your new password: 20PKJQVL

James Burkowitz
    Support Guru

Friday, August 29th, 2014 (23:26) || Client
    Root Password: ###$#$!

Very first try Down again. Seriously. Just refund my money. I don't know why you wont. You've already broken your uptime Guarantee, you can't seem to get a functional Ubuntu Templet. Just refund the money. I'll go away, and find a company who can provide me with better service. I'm not going to drop this. You're either going to refund me, or deliver me a usable product.

Friday, August 29th, 2014 (11:57) James Burkowitz || Staff
    Hello Stephen,

We are sorry. We do understand the problem and working hard to get it fixed. Can you please give a try and check your VP? Let us know if it crashes again with the root password.

James Burkowitz
    Support Guru

Friday, August 29th, 2014 (07:44) || Client
    Ok.

I would first like to state that, ChicagoVPS is officially the worst VPS company I've ever used. I've been using VPS servers for 3 or so years now and this has by far been the worst experience of my life, when it comes to VPS's.

I would like a refund. Here are the reasons why I should receive one
    1. On you website it says you have a 99.9% uptime guarantee. That translates to about 9 hours of downtime per year. You just stated that the server will be down for about 12 hours, so not counting the previous 1 month of trouble I've had, today you're breaking that guarantee.
    2. ChicagoVPS does do refunds. On a Case by Case basis according to your website.
    3. It's only $20. I'm angry now. It's absolutely absurd that you will not refund my money or deliver a usable product.
    4. If you do not refund my money and still cannot deliver me a usable product, I'm going to keep opening ticket after ticket every time there is a problem. I'm not going to drop this. You're going to spend 100's if not 1000's of dollars in man hours, all because you will not refund me my $20.
    5. All I want is a usable VPS. Why can you not deliver this to me. You're a VPS company?

Friday, August 29th, 2014 (02:15) James Burkowitz || Staff

Hello,

We do apologies currently our main node is under maintenance and due to that server is down. It will be fixed in next 8-12 hours.

James Burkowitz
    Support Guru

Thursday, August 28th, 2014 (22:04) || Client
    Very first apt-get dist-upgrade VPS crashed just like all the others. Now what? Why can't you guys get this correct? Is it your image? If you are truly moving my VPS to new hardware, it must be the image.

Please advice. It's now been over 1 month since my VPS has been up!!!

Thursday, August 28th, 2014 (21:02) James Burkowitz || Staff
    Hello,

New root password: jhkljlj;lk

James Burkowitz
    Support Guru

Thursday, August 28th, 2014 (15:59) || Client
    Ok,
    One question, do you read the tickets before you act on them? Like the last 3 or 4 times before you reinstalled CentOS. I requested Ubuntu 12.04. I've allways used Ubuntu 12.04. So, I reinstalled the OS using your GUI. Neither the root password you provided in email, or the one that it says it's suposed to be work. I cannot log into the VPS. Please either tell me the PW or reinstall.

Now I've never been able to get into the VPS, so I have no data on it. I give you full permissions to wipe the VPS if nessisary. But please, for the love of god make it Ubuntu 12.04. I'm going to type it again just to make sure you understand. UBUNTU 12.04.

Thursday, August 28th, 2014 (14:33) Luc Ayotte || Staff
    Hello,

A new KVM has been created, please give that one a try.

Luc Ayotte
    ChicagoVPS Support Tech
    [email protected]

Wednesday, August 27th, 2014 (14:41) || Client
    I have nothing on it. Go ahead and do whatever

Wednesday, August 27th, 2014 (14:17) Luc Ayotte || Staff
    Hello,

Do you have anything installed on this KVM?

I could create you a new one on our newest node to prevent any problems.

Luc Ayotte
    ChicagoVPS Support Tech
    [email protected]

Wednesday, August 27th, 2014 (08:06) || Client

Username: root
    Password: ###$#$#

Wednesday, August 27th, 2014 (02:11) James Burkowitz || Staff
    Hello

Please provide us the login credentials?

James Burkowitz
    Support Guru

Tuesday, August 26th, 2014 (23:56) || Client
    apt-get update
    If it makes it thought that apt-get dist-upgrade.

Takes 4 or 5 tries with it crashing to upgrade.

Tuesday, August 26th, 2014 (23:29) James Burkowitz || Staff
    Hello,

Let us know the exact steps to replicate the issue at our end.

James Burkowitz
    Support Guru
    Tuesday, August 26th, 2014 (22:37) James Burkowitz || Staff
    Hello,

Let me check and update to you.

James Burkowitz
    Support Guru

Tuesday, August 26th, 2014 (21:11) || Client
    New server does the same as the last. I had to start it 5 or 6 times while configuring. The second the server does anything short of idle it crashes. This is not acceptable. What can we do here?

Tuesday, August 26th, 2014 (03:42) James Burkowitz || Staff
    Hello,

Virtual server is being Rebuilt with Ubuntu 12.04 LTS 64 Bit.

Root/Admin Password: 3OMCaEfc.

James Burkowitz
    Support Guru

Tuesday, August 26th, 2014 (00:07) || Client
    This is like the 3rd or 4th time you have gotten this wrong. Ubuntu 12.04 is what I requested. You installed CentOS. Just like my last VPS the automatic reinstall did not work. Can you please install Ubuntu 12.04.

How can you keep getting this wrong? Do you look at the ticket thread below? This is soooooooooooooo frustration!!!!

Monday, August 25th, 2014 (21:05) James Burkowitz || Staff
    Hello,

It has been done.

James Burkowitz
    Support Guru

Monday, August 25th, 2014 (19:25) || Client
    Like the thread says below, I have no data on it. Please do whatever you need to do

Monday, August 25th, 2014 (14:17) James Burkowitz || Staff

Hello,

Please take a back-up of your data. You will lose it.

James Burkowitz
    Support Guru
    Monday, August 25th, 2014 (12:25) || Client
    Ok, If you think that'll work, go ahead that will be great.
    Monday, August 25th, 2014 (12:11) James Burkowitz || Staff
    Hello,

We need to terminate and re-create it for you.

James Burkowitz
    Support Guru

Monday, August 25th, 2014 (07:26) || Client
    Is there a problem with my Node? If you think moving me will fix the problem I'm ok with that. I noticed in the comment sections in LowEndBox.com, I'm not the only person experiencing this issue. Moving me will fix this? If yes then ubutnu 12.04 would be great. I have nothing on the VPS i can't recreate so you have my permission to wipe everything and start new on new node.

Monday, August 25th, 2014 (01:48) James Burkowitz || Staff
    Hello,

If you want we can setup new server for you on new node. Please advise.

James Burkowitz
    Support Guru

Monday, August 25th, 2014 (00:34) || Client
    It's back down again. This time I can't get into the Client Area to even see if i can boot it.
    Sunday, August 24th, 2014 (12:55) James Burkowitz || Staff
    Hello

We are escalating your ticket to level 1 department.

James Burkowitz
    Support Guru
    Sunday, August 24th, 2014 (11:30) || Client
    This is the 3rd or 4th time in the past week or so. My VPS is running fine, then in the middle of the night I get a page that It's lost connection. Today It went down at 7:05AM. When I dial into the VPS console it's offline and I have to Boot it and it's fine. Is there something wrong with the host i'm on?

• NekkiNekki Veteran

TL;DR

Thanked by 1netomx
  • dustincdustinc Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

@MannDude said:
    Adam, got a real job at Quadranet, congrats BTW

Confirmed, he's working with us and is a pleasure to work with in person.

• Nekki - That's great, it's not like it's your job to read it or anything :(

• VMbox said: So this is the new universal, 'im having problems with CVPS' thread?

Yes. Expect it to get very large.. and then mysteriously sunk.

@ihatetonyy said:
    Yes. Expect it to get very large.. and then mysteriously sunk.

I understand the full front page can't be filled with CVPS threads, but if that many people are having problems, then they shouldn't be allowed here, even with all the problems, they're at the top of LEB right now. :/

Thanked by 2MannDude RLT
This discussion has been closed.