Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bad experience with ChicagoVPS - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Bad experience with ChicagoVPS

1235»

Comments

• zed said: helping us to make more educated decisions

When you already have 500 negative reviews do you need the 501st review to make up your mind?

Thanked by 1shrubbles
  • CVPS_ChrisCVPS_Chris Member, Patron Provider

Hey guys just wanted to chime in on this.

I think everyone is forgetting that most of these lowend providers such as myself, and my recently acquired 123Systems ( which this person is a client of, NOT ChicagoVPS ) are unmanaged providers. The customer has also opened 7 separate tickets in the past 10 days which makes things even more confusing.

I am unsure what happened to the clients info, but it was nothing we have done. I will post an image from logs to his VPS showing we never deleted any info:

The OS reisntalls performed today, were by him. Not us, and as you can see before today, it was never reinstalled or moved.

We are doing our best here to make everyone's experience better. Threads like these that discredit us are a shame and don't tell the full truth, however I think everyone will soon realize we are not as bad as you think.

Thanks for reading.

Chris

We are working hard at getting everything back on track. We appreciate the loyalty and understanding from our existing customers and hope to see a lot of you back.

Chris

• zhuanyi said: When you already have 500 negative reviews do you need the 501st review to make up your mind?

No, but seeing the 3rd or 4th in a week would sure point out a recent pattern without me having to bother digging for 500 past reviews.

I come to LET to check new offers and specifically to read about other people's experiences with all providers. Maybe I'm the anomaly.

• kovacsakkovacsak Member
    edited September 2014

A> @CVPS_Chris said:

I think everyone is forgetting that most of these lowend providers such as myself, and my recently acquired 123Systems ( which this person is a client of, NOT ChicagoVPS ) are unmanaged providers. The customer has also opened 7 separate tickets in the past 10 days which makes things even more confusing.

I am unsure what happened to the clients info, but it was nothing we have done. I will post an image from logs to his VPS showing we never deleted any info:

The OS reisntalls performed today, were by him. Not us, and as you can see before today, it was never reinstalled or moved.

We are doing our best here to make everyone's experience better. Threads like these that discredit us are a shame and don't tell the full truth, however I think everyone will soon realize we are not as bad as you think.

Thanks for reading.

Chris

I have reinstalled it yesterday. I have found the data loss 1 week ago. Yes, I have reinstalled, because I would like to use it, if you do not give me a refund. Yes, I would like to get something for my money. But I still wait to the compensation!

@Kovacsak

I just posted a screenshot of your VPS logs. Nothing was performed to your VPS that would cause data loss. I am not sure what else to tell you, we did nothing to your VPS as stated in the ticket.

@mpkossen, @Spirit please close as there really is no issue here. This issue can be continued in a ticket, but no need for it to be discussed any further in public.

• But yet other people have also had instances of you guys nuking data. Regardless of what your "logs" say, you have inadvertently or not nuked user data.

@Chankster, that is not correct. We have never "nuked" someones data on purpose or by accident. Past compromise, yes, but has zero to do with the integrity of ChicagoVPS or its staff.

Im unsure why you keep following us around reaping havok, if you have an issue please PM me and I will take care of it. All I want is for things to be better, which it will. Im determined.

Thanks

Chris

• ChanksterChankster Member
    edited September 2014

@CVPS_Chris, it completely does have to do with the integrity of ChicagoVPS and its staff. Example:

I had a ticket discussing IO latency on a node. Eventually "James" agrees to move me to a new node. When my container comes back up all my data is missing. "James" has no clue what happened and later admits that he lied and never actually moved it to a new node. Somehow even though he never did any work all of my data is gone.

I sent you a message with a ticket on Aug 26th with no response.

@Chankster, I will take a look. Thanks for bringing it to my attention again

• NekkiNekki Veteran
    edited September 2014

CVPS_Chris said: mpkossen, Spirit please close as there really is no issue here. This issue can be continued in a ticket, but no need for it to be discussed any further in public.

I really wish you'd stop doing this, it makes you look like an arse.

@Nekki,

It doesnt make me look like anything when there is really no issue here. Ive already taken care of it via ticket so no need to discuss it here any longer.

• @CVPS_Chris said:
    Nekki,

It doesnt make me look like anything when there is really no issue here. Ive already taken care of it via ticket so no need to discuss it here any longer.

And then the next person will open yet another thread... I'm letting this be for now.

Thanked by 1Dylan
  • @CVPS_Chris said:

Well let's let the OP speak for themselves on that front, shall we?

• Immediately after you said there was no issue @Chankster brought a new one to your attention...

• And considering the only way anything got done was to bring it up publicly.

@Athomashowe, actually The OP and Chankster have been in multiple threads, so all the different threads are going in the same circle talking about the same few people, that is all I am trying to get at.

@Chankster was compensated for our poor support and I think we have a mutual feeling right now. All we want is for things to get better here, but its hard when the same hand full of people keep opening threads and then keep commenting on the various threads.

mpkossen said: And then the next person will open yet another thread... I'm letting this be for now.

@mpkossen, if that is how you feel then merge them all into one and anyone that wants to complain can do so there, instead of 5 threads floating around.

Thanked by 1IceCream
  • ``

CVPS_Chris said: compensated for our poor support and I think we have a mutual feeling right now. All we want is for things to get better here

And we still have James B. messing with the tickets with no actual thing done. What kind of joke are you playing with him @CVPS_Chris

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@CVPS_Chris , you should check and reply your PMs and emails regularly.

@Netomx,

I do. All PMs are answered.

@Upfreak, you just expect him to vanish overnight? You have to break in new employees not throw 100 things at them at once and overwhelm them. Then again not many people understand that.

Change is slow, and its needed to make sure its done right. Doing too much at once will just make things worse. Please give it time and it will all be resolved, we are not here to screw anyone, we have been the largest LEB provider for some time now and we dont plan on that changing but to only get better.

Thanked by 2netomx upfreak
  • netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@CVPS_Chris I hope so. I remember trying to reach you a year ago and you don't answered me. I see you changed that :)

• CVPS_Chris said: we are not here to screw anyone

Nope, you're here to screw everybody.

• patdumaispatdumais Member
    edited September 2014

@CVPS_Crhis: 1) The OP is ME! and I am not in several threads, I am a new member. 2)you said "We have never "nuked" someones data on purpose or by accident." What do you mean? You have deleted my VM! you guys even have admited it in the ticket! and 3) don't try to settle things with PM or tickets because it doesn't work. When people are unhappy, they go out in the street (or in a forum in this case). If you don't want bad publicity, don't try to silence us, just offer good service.

And for all of you that say it's my own fault blah blah blah, I will say it again: When I give money to someone, I expect a service in return. Regardless of the reviews, regardless of how cheap the service is and what my expectations should be. I gave him money, I want a VM running, I did not get a VM running, I want my money back. Easy.

I do understant that CVPS is a lowend provider and for that reason, they cannot offer the same service as Amazon or Rackspace. For the price, it is completely understandable. That is Why I want my money back, so I can go to Amazon and not bother CPVS with my high expectations anymore. CVPS is not a fit for me, and I am not the kind of customer that CVPS wants/targets.
    I just want my money back, that's all. and then I will be a happy customer who will admit choosing the wrong type of service.

• @CVPS_Chris said:
    Doing too much at once will just make things worse.

Heed your own advice and stop posting new offers!! Love how you were able to "email" a new offer in on "short" notice!!

• @CVPS_Chris said:

Chris

123 was not "recently" acquired and you damn well know it. Recently announced, yes, acquired, not quite. You took over 123 several months ago and as usual tried to hide it to avoid the bans you have earned on several sites.

• Well... Paypal refused to refund me too. They said that I am not covered for buyer protection because the good is intangible.

I hate the fact that CVPS_Chris is winning.

@CVPS_Chris: I'm not spending that credit in that account. If I am going to loose it, it won't be because I am buying from you, it will be because you guys go bankrupt!

• Must be Unlucky I have 4 VPS with them and so far Im happy with them

• I thought this was both funny and not funny at the same.

This is the level of service you can expect, see submitted date.

In reality I don't even know that I want it back, since it can't be trusted to use for anything important, but it's a shame to pay for a year and not get use out of it.

I had no problems with it until they changed owners.

• @Reetus said:

I thought this was both funny and not funny at the same.

This is the level of service you can expect, see submitted date.

In reality I don't even know that I want it back, since it can't be trusted to use for anything important, but it's a shame to pay for a year and not get use out of it.

I had no problems with it until they changed owners.

Four fucking days? That's ridiculous! angry face

This discussion has been closed.