Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GreenValueHost September Sale | 6 U.S Locations | High Bandwidth/Cheap IPs, Guaranteed Lowest Prices
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

GreenValueHost September Sale | 6 U.S Locations | High Bandwidth/Cheap IPs, Guaranteed Lowest Prices

jnguyenjnguyen Member
edited August 2014 in Offers

Full Disclosure:
GreenValueHost is a company with mixed reviews and a mixed reputation. Reviews are available on this forum, WHT, and on Google. Many people have openly expressed their opinions about our services, both positive and negative. We work towards achieving a high level of customer satisfaction (and will respond to all complaints) however we cannot satisfy everyone. We will work to the best of our ability to make sure you are satisfied however it is your choice whether or not to choose us as your hosting provider, we will not feed you bullshit to choose us.

Although we are a good fit for most people and projects, we are not for everyone. We are a budget company, however give our very best efforts in satisfying everyone. The primary focus of our business is to provide a high value hosting service at the lowest prices possible while still maintaining an acceptable level of quality and service. We do not compete on quality, we compete on value and price. We back our promises with a 14 Day Money Back Guarantee, Anytime Money Back Warranty, 99.9% Uptime Guarantee, and Price Match Guarantee.

GreenValueHost LowEndTalk Exclusive September Specials

All services come with full root access, an SSL-secured SolusVM VPS management panel, and are hosted on the ColoCrossing network.

LIMITED TIME ONLY PROMOTION: LOWENDTALK MEMBERS CAN PURCHASE ADDITIONAL IPv4 ADDRESSES FOR ONLY $0.25/month EACH!!! (Just submit a ticket to our sales department after purchase)

NO OBLIGATION FREE TRIAL: 1 WEEK - Available in Buffalo, Atlanta, Chicago, Dallas, Los Angeles and Seattle

- 1 vCPU Core FAIR SHARE

- 10GB RAID-10 SSD Cached Disk Space

- 200GB Monthly Bandwidth

- 256MB Guaranteed & vSwap RAM

- 1 IPv4 Addresses

- ABSOLUTELY FREE FOR 1 WEEK !! SKEPTICAL? WE INVITE YOU TO TRY US RISK FREE

CLICK HERE TO ORDER

SeptemberSpecial1 - Pure SSD Storage in Los Angeles, California ONLY

- 4 vCPU Cores FAIR SHARE

- 250GB RAID-10 PURE SSD Disk Space

- 8000GB Monthly Bandwidth

- 4048MB Guaranteed & vSwap RAM

- 5 IPv4 Addresses

- $6.99/month OR $15/quarter

CLICK HERE TO ORDER

SeptemberSpecial2 - Available in Buffalo, Atlanta, Chicago, Dallas, Los Angeles and Seattle

- 5 vCPU Cores FAIR SHARE

- 290GB RAID-10 SSD Cached Disk Space

- 12000GB Monthly Bandwidth

- 5120MB Guaranteed & vSwap RAM

- 6 IPv4 Addresses

- $6.99/month OR $16/quarter

CLICK HERE TO ORDER

SeptemberSpecial3 - Available in Buffalo, Atlanta, Chicago, Dallas, Los Angeles and Seattle

- 2 vCPU Cores FAIR SHARE

- 50GB RAID-10 SSD Cached Disk Space

- 1000GB Monthly Bandwidth

- 1240MB Guaranteed & vSwap RAM

- 2 IPv4 Addresses

- $2.50/month OR $14/year

CLICK HERE TO ORDER

SeptemberSpecial4 - Available in Buffalo, Atlanta, Chicago, Dallas, Los Angeles and Seattle

- 2 vCPU Cores FAIR SHARE

- 20GB RAID-10 SSD Cached Disk Space

- 6000GB Monthly Bandwidth

- 768MB Guaranteed & vSwap RAM

- 1 IPv4 Addresses

- $14.99/year

CLICK HERE TO ORDER

SeptemberSpecial5 - Available in Buffalo, Atlanta, Chicago, Dallas, Los Angeles and Seattle

- 1 vCPU Core FAIR SHARE

- 3GB RAID-10 SSD Cached Disk Space

- 100GB Monthly Bandwidth

- 128MB Guaranteed & vSwap RAM

- 1 IPv4 Addresses

- $2.99/year

CLICK HERE TO ORDER

Contact Information - We are always here for you !!

Support helpdesk: https://secure.greenvaluehost.com/clientarea.php

Mailing Address: PO Box 972, Normal, Illinois 61761

Toll Free Phone: +1 855-786-9288

Disclaimer: We accept no responsibility for neglect of reading and understanding our Terms of Service policies. Please review our general policies and acceptable use policy available here. Most notably, we do not allow ToR or digital currency mining.

Thank you for taking the time to review our offer. If you have any questions, please contact us through one of the contact methods noted above or by replying to this thread. We will always be more than happy to assist you!

Comments

• Thanked by 2netomx TriDoxiuM
  • No more Netherlands?

• said: We do not compete on quality, we compete on value and price.

What? So you lower your quality to get better prices?

Not trying to bash you, but that's what it seems to me.

• @hostnoob said:
    No more Netherlands?

Unfortunately at this time we have discontinued new orders in Amsterdam due to the difference in price that we have to pay for our Amsterdam vs. U.S nodes, however we'll bring back the location if there is enough demand.

• how are you able to offer 250GB of Raid 10 SSD for $60 a year? which is really 500GB with the second Raid 1 drive (assuming a 4 drive setup)

• @Gadelhas said:
    Not trying to bash you, but that's what it seems to me.

Not necessarily. We want to make sure that we give our clients the highest level of quality possible, however we're not going to claim that we're competing against hosts more geared towards quality over quantity (such as RamNode). Our goal is to provide an acceptable level of quality, and more price and better prices than anyone.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

said: SeptemberSpecial2 - Available in Buffalo, Atlanta, Chicago, Dallas, Los Angeles and Seattle

• 5 vCPU Cores FAIR SHARE
    • 290GB RAID-10 PURE SSD Disk Space
    • 12000GB Monthly Bandwidth
    • 5120MB Guaranteed & vSwap RAM
    • 6 IPv4 Addresses
    • $6.99/month OR $16/quarter

12TB for $6.99 ?

Nice one, your terms state network spikes are ok, with the 12TB package would would be the maximum 24x7 throughput you would allow before considering this to be abuse?

• Typo, sorry. SSD cached.

• @AnthonySmith said:
    Nice one, your terms state network spikes are ok, with the 12TB package would would be the maximum 24x7 throughput you would allow before considering this to be abuse?

We have a fair usage/fair share policy. If you are clearly hammering the port, treating your virtual server like it's dedicated, you'll be suspended and asked to throttle your own speed. If you are unable to throttle your own speed we will throttle it for you.

12TB = consistent 30mbps (?) however we'll let you burst above that, with consideration of the above in mind.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited August 2014

But what is the maximum you allow 24x7 assuming BW limits will be reached before the end of the month?

• How long does it take to provision?

• iSkyiSky Member

can i get explain why my vps got suspended without any warn ? or must i open ticket and get your attention ? also for this offer, are there no monthly plan ?

• @AnthonySmith - There is no set maximum, it's an undefined "fair share/fair usage" policy. The guaranteed speed to you is the minimum speed to use up your full bandwidth allocation in the time frame of a month. i.e: 12TB = 30mbps 24/7. We do not intend to bullshit our customers. If you are not causing problems to other customers, we're not going to suspend you. Simple as that. We have a lot of customers getting decent speeds.

• jnguyenjnguyen Member
    edited August 2014

@MorningIris said:
    How long does it take to provision?

The free trial is subject to manual fraud screening and is activated manually. For the rest, we have automatic activation configured. Please use at least 4 characters for your hostname and choose alphanumeric passwords.

• @iSky said:
    can i get explain why my vps got suspended without any warn ? or must i open ticket and get your attention ? also for this offer, are there no monthly plan ?

There are monthly plans available if you look in the thread. It is likely that your VPS was suspended as a result of our automated abuse detection system, NodeWatch. If you submit a ticket we can look into it for you. You're only notified if you are issued a manual suspension.

• You have updated your previous typo, however "SeptemberSpecial1" is still showing pure SSD storage, so again how can you offer this for $60 per year?

• $2.99/year? Hmm... considering shitbox2.

• @JustJon said:
    You have updated your previous typo, however "SeptemberSpecial1" is still showing pure SSD storage, so again how can you offer this for $60 per year?

We have special financing arrangements.

• Fair warning everyone: Seattle is not up to par and has not been performing well lately. If you are looking for a west coast location, Los Angeles is highly recommended over Seattle.

• iSkyiSky Member

now its more weird, the billing show up active, yet the account for the control panel show that my username doesnt exist.

• @iSky said:
    now its more weird, the billing show up active, yet the account for the control panel show that my username doesnt exist.

You have not yet submitted a ticket. If you cannot submit a ticket, we cannot help you. LowEndTalk is not our technical support helpdesk and I am not a tech.

• linuxthefishlinuxthefish Member
    edited August 2014

I'm impressed with my 3 GVH boxes, they actually outperform a few of my more expensive boxes. Support seems to be good also from what I have experienced, but as a budget host I would not use them for anything production just yet.

Thanked by 1hostnoob
  • iSkyiSky Member

Ticket Created #517727 here my ticket, ofc i know this is not your helpdesk, but at here we can get your attention for our problem rather than on ticket

• @linuxthefish said:
    I'm impressed with my 3 GVH boxes, they actually outperform quite a lot of my more expensive boxes. Support seems to be good also from what I have experienced, but as a budget host I would not use them for anything production just yet.

Thank you for the feedback, we highly appreciate it. :)

Thanked by 1netomx
  • iSkyiSky Member

will hitleap will be a problem for you again @jnguyen ? :D

• @jnguyen would you say your servers are more targeted towards a development environment rather than a production environment?

• JustJonJustJon Member
    edited August 2014
    -------------Speed test--------------------
    Testing North America locations
    Speedtest from Portland, Oregon, USA [ generously donated by http://bonevm.com ] on a shared 100 Mbps port
        Download Speed: 7.88 MB/sec
        Upload speed: 2.83 MB/sec
    Speedtest from Los Angeles, CA, USA [ generously donated by http://maximumvps.net ] on a shared 1 Gbps port

Download Speed: .66 MB/sec
        Upload speed: 9.69 MB/sec
    Speedtest from Los Angeles, CA, USA [ generously donated by TeraFire, LLC ] on a shared 1 Gbps port
        Download Speed: .43 MB/sec
        Upload speed: 2.90 MB/sec
    Speedtest from Las Vegas, NV, USA [ generously donated by http://hostnun.net/ ] on a shared 200 Mbps port
    y   Download Speed: 5.59 MB/sec
        Upload speed: 8.30 MB/sec
    Speedtest from Dallas, TX, USA [ generously donated by http://cloudshards.com ] on a shared 1 Gbps port
        Download Speed: 20.17 MB/sec
        Upload speed: 4.01 MB/sec
    Speedtest from Chicago, IL, USA [ generously donated by http://vortexservers.com ] on a shared 1 Gbps port
        Download Speed: 4.36 MB/sec
        Upload speed: 32.40 MB/sec
    Speedtest from Beauharnois, Quebec, Canada [ generously donated by http://mycustomhosting.net ] on a shared 1000 Mbps port in / 500 Mbps port out
        Download Speed: .83 MB/sec
        Upload speed: 14.84 MB/sec
    Speedtest from Buffalo, NY, USA on a shared 1 Gpbs port:
        Download Speed: 77.46 MB/sec
        Upload speed: 4.79 MB/sec
    Speedtest from Atlanta, GA, USA [ generously donated by http://hostus.us ] on a shared 1 Gbps port
        Download Speed: .95 MB/sec
        Upload speed: 22.74 MB/sec
    Speedtest from Jacksonville, FL, USA [ generously donated by http://maximumvps.net ] on a shared 1 Gbps port
        Download Speed: 17.45 MB/sec
        Upload speed: 9.29 MB/sec

Testing EU locations
    Speedtest from Tallinn, Estonia on a shared 1 Gbps port
        Download Speed: 2.99 MB/sec
        Upload speed: 5.98 MB/sec
    Speedtest from Milan, Italy [ generously donated by http://www.prometeus.net ] on a shared 1 Gbps port
        Download Speed: 13.10 MB/sec
        Upload speed: 9.82 MB/sec
    Speedtest from Frankfurt am Main, Germany [ generously donated by http://www.prometeus.net ] on a shared 1 Gbps port
        Download Speed: 7.65 MB/sec
        Upload speed: 8.30 MB/sec

Bench.sh

CPU model :    Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1240 v3 @ 3.40GHz
    Number of cores : 1
    CPU frequency : 3400.000 MHz
    Total amount of ram : 256 MB
    Total amount of swap : 0 MB
    System uptime :   20 min,       
    Download speed : (70.0MB/s) 
    I/O speed : 58.5MB/s

Buffalo, NY

Are you sure this is pure SSD as advertised on the free trial?

• jnguyenjnguyen Member
    edited August 2014

@JustJon You were accidentally placed on our least most performing Buffalo node. Let me recreate your VPS for you, one second.

Edit: Just recreated your VPS.

• @JustJon - And NO, our servers CAN be effectively used for production.

• @jnguyen said:
    JustJon You were accidentally placed on our least most performing Buffalo node. Let me recreate your VPS for you, one second.

least most performing node eh.. how about you move all the other customers off of it too