Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Buyvm.net, lots of IPv4 free of charge for Chinese!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Buyvm.net, lots of IPv4 free of charge for Chinese!

gongyigongyi Member
edited July 2014 in General

CN Promotions - CN - LV BuyVM-256MB
256MB OpenVZ Linux VPS 30GB Dedicated Space 1000GB Premium Bandwidth 4x IPv4 Addresses

https://my.frantech.ca/cart.php?a=add&pid=1346 AFF link

CN Promotions - CN - LV BuyVM-512MB
512MB OpenVZ Linux VPS 50GB Dedicated Space 2000GB Premium Bandwidth 8x IPv4 Addresses

https://my.frantech.ca/cart.php?a=add&pid=1347 AFF link

CN Promotions - CN - LV BuyVM-1024MB
1024MB OpenVZ Linux VPS 100GB Dedicated Space 3000GB Premium Bandwidth 16x IPv4 Addresses

https://my.frantech.ca/cart.php?a=add&pid=1348 AFF link

CN Promotions - CN - LV BuyVM-2048MB
2048MB OpenVZ Linux VPS 150GB Dedicated Space 4000GB Premium Bandwidth 32x IPv4 Addresses

https://my.frantech.ca/cart.php?a=add&pid=1346 AFF link

if you can read Chinese, follow the link

http://www.zhujiceping.com/9097.html (english added )

@jcaleb said: I'm chinese by descent. Do I have to live in China?

Francisco :I think this thread got off on the wrong foot. :)

The offering isn't meant to be racist or limited to a single group of people or country.

The offer was simply submitted to a Chinese blog.

Anyone is welcome to pick it up if they want it.

Comments

• ChuckChuck Member

Free stuff for chinese?

• gongyigongyi Member

@Chuck said:
    Free stuff for chinese?

YES !

• gongyigongyi Member

From Francisco :The space is wrong on the 1GB & 2GB. It should be 100GB and 150GB space.

• and now I wonder how does he determines of whether one is Chinese or not :)

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

These seem to be far from free, with the 2GB plan costing $24.95 (did not check others).

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep
    edited July 2014

@rm_ said:
    These seem to be far from free, with the 2GB plan costing $24.95 (did not check others).

At the same time you would get 32 ipv4. Price per IP is very low.

Lately BuyVM has been handing IP like candy, dedicated IP on shared plans and now this.
    Curious about the reason for this IP handout.

• @MikHo said:

To hog IPs from Arin before it's too late.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@MikHo said:

Shared is because DDoS is overly popular these days. We couldn't come up with a reasonable way to handle things w/o giving free DDOS protection. We didn't want to do that so instead, we went with the dedicated IP route.

We used to have a shared IP that all resellers were using and its already been hit a half dozen+ times with floods. There's a user on here that was suffering outages because of that all.

The VPS stuff is for reasons we don't share since people like to repeat our research/etc as their own. We're not needing to 'fill allocations' or anything, we're just fine on space.

Francisco

• jcalebjcaleb Member

I'm chinese by descent. Do I have to live in China?

@jcaleb said:
    I'm chinese by descent. Do I have to live in China?

I think this thread got off on the wrong foot. :)

The offering isn't meant to be racist or limited to a single group of people or country.

The offer was simply submitted to a Chinese blog.

Anyone is welcome to pick it up if they want it.

Francisco

Thanked by 2Zigara jcaleb
  • jcalebjcaleb Member

Francisco said: Anyone is welcome to pick it up if they want it.

It's a good day to sign up with buyvm again

• OSCam, JingLing, HitLeap, ... I wonder how many more things could be used.

And yes, I see the OpenVZ, that doesn't stop people from installing qemu (it never has.)

@GoodHosting said:
    OSCam, JingLing, HitLeap, ... I wonder how many more things could be used.

And yes, I see the OpenVZ, that doesn't stop people from installing qemu (it never has.)

I've seen so many QEMU's over the years running it's hilarious.

Francisco

Thanked by 1eLohkCalb

@concerto49 said:
    To hog IPs from Arin before it's too late.

So you are saying that BuyVM is doing a CC move ;)

Before anyone takes this the wrong way, the above is ment to be a joke with a little bit of sarcasm in it.

edited July 2014

@MikHo said:
    Before anyone takes this the wrong way, the above is ment to be a joke with a little bit of sarcasm in it.

No, we simply have some spare so we figured we'd do something fun :)

With Aldryic & Jessie's strict billing policies we aren't worried about spam.

Francisco

Francisco said: The VPS stuff is for reasons we don't share since people like to repeat our research/etc as their own. We're not needing to 'fill allocations' or anything, we're just fine on space.

I understand that its a company secret and I'm not forcing you, still curious however.
    With all these automated scripts that sells "unique clicks on your website" I'm sure all makes money in the end.

@MikHo said:
    With all these automated scripts that sells "unique clicks on your website" I'm sure all makes money in the end.

We're not the cheapest around so people don't really buy from us to be dirty.

We've been sniffing around the idea of offering free SSL's to all of our customers but we're still playing with that idea.

Francisco

• Does this offer apply to existing customers?

• cececece Member

seems like a suicide behavior.

• berkayberkay Member

Are those SSD?

• Francisco said: free SSL's to all of our customers

It blows my mind how BuyVM manages to do all sorts of awesome shit:

• dirt cheap DDoS protection
    • unlimited inbound (the message in Stallion tells me these two are separate things?? weird)
    • dirt cheap bandwidth
    • dirt cheap offloaded SQL
    • custom panel before it became 'a thing'
    • cached SSD before it became 'a thing' (then full SSD down the road)
    • I know I'm forgetting some stuff

and still be able to do more without price hikes.

I would ask how, but obviously it's either a closely-held trade secret or someone in the company has a counterfeit money press.

And it would, more importantly, ruin the magic.

tl;dr: gimme ssl

Thanked by 2NanoG6 orak
  • agentmishraagentmishra Member, Host Rep

just noticed the disk space mentioned is not matching with the disk specs mentioned in the cart...

Free backups? ;)

We do lots of stuff but because we don't really take part here we slide on by.

Francisco

• been using buyvm since there were selling via frantech brand, no major issue with them so far.

@agentmishra said:
    just noticed the disk space mentioned is not matching with the disk specs mentioned in the cart...

Things are a bit out of wack on that and our site. 1GB's are 100GB of SSD and 2GB's are 150GB.

Nightly backups are included, of course.

Francisco

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

@Francisco said:

I think you've just made a customer out of me. Can the backups be restored by us or do we need to ticket?

@trewq said:

It's all handled in Stallion :)

You can see when it was taken, how many files are in it as well as total space. You can restore them whenever you want. All 256MB+ LV plans also include 3 snapshots.

Snapshots are limited to be restored to the source VM for now but I'm doing some additional testing to allow snapshots to be restored to different VM's within the same location.

Francisco

Thanked by 1linuxthefish
  • trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

@Francisco said:

Amazing. Will sign up once I finish work.

• orakorak Member

My mind is completely blown by how fran can offer all this without a billion dollar price tag.

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited July 2014

orak said: My mind is completely blown by how fran can offer all this without a billion dollar price tag.

IP space is almost free from ARIN.

Francisco said: The VPS stuff is for reasons we don't share since people like to repeat our research/etc as their own

Just say it outright as it is and stop running around: Like anyone else you look to acquire more ARIN space, nothing else than that.