Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Buyvm.net, lots of IPv4 free of charge for Chinese! - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Buyvm.net, lots of IPv4 free of charge for Chinese!

Comments

• zhuanyi said: You can also start a blog and add as much affiliated link as you want there.

But here is a community, if everyone does that LET would soon become a spam forum.

someone had to post the links here so i stepped up to the plate, dont be mad

• @texteditor said:
    someone had to post the links here so i stepped up to the plate, dont be mad

I am not mad, I just don't want to see LET becoming like a spam forum where everyone just spam there affiliated links whenever they could.

There is already such trend emerging and honestly I have to say forums like WHT ban affiliated links for a good reason.

Thanked by 2FrankZ marrco
  • J1021J1021 Member

texteditor said: someone had to post the links here so i stepped up to the plate, dont be mad

How noble of you.

• J1021J1021 Member

Aldryic has asked me to post this here.

Hi folks;

First off, big thanks to kcaj for relaying this for me - my account here is actually banned, and I cannot reply directly to the threads.

Just want to clarify a few things, since Fran seems to love being vague >_>

• Existing plans cannot 'be modified' to match these promo items. To elaborate on that - if you have a 512MB (or any size OVZ), please don't just ask us to add extra IPs to your service. What you can do, is order the plan you want, and we'll help you move your data over. Your old service can then be cancelled for account credit (if necessary, we can arrange for the credit to happen beforehand as well, so it'll apply to the new service's invoice). It's a bit more of a hassle, aye, but we're doing it this way so I can track the actual sales trends on these plans.

• Stallion issues IPs "randomly" (not really, but easier to say that than go into details). If you get a 1G (that comes with 16 total IPs), don't expect them to be sequential. If absolutely necessary, we can try to find sequential IPs to assign - just open a ticket with us before ordering. I can't promise they'll be available, and we will require justification for hunting down and manually assigning IPs, so please only request this if absolutely necessary.

• As always, SWIP is available on request. If you run a mail or proxy/vpn service, you definately want SWIP, as you would much rather deal with your own abuse reports than have me deal with them. Cost on SWIP is a little different for these plans - because Stallion does 'random' IP assignment, rather than 3$ per range it's a one-time 3$ cost for all of the original IPs assigned to the VM. Additional IPs fall under our normal SWIP pricing.

• Did you people really try to make this a race thing? Shame on you.

• Other than the additional IPs, these plans are identical to our regular OpenVZ lineup. We're testing the waters for an idea we have in mind... and no, we're not obligated to explain why we're doing this :3 To the seemingly butthurt chap that seems to think we're doing this to burn IP space and get more from ARIN? Don't be a tool. First off, the largest plan has 32 IPs. We would have to setup new racks in our cages, and even then those would be filled and sold out before we burned up our IP space at 32x a pop. Secondly - why, why, WHY would any semi-intelligent company try to get more IP space by... rapidly selling existing space? Unless you plan on kicking out the large-IP users afterwards (a very dick move), all that does is put you right back where you started. Just with more used IP space in your name.

Like I mentioned before - I'm banned here, so can't really answer questions/comments/etc. I doubt this post will even stay up very long, to be honest. But I can be reached at VPSB, or at our IRC if you have any questions/concerns you need clarified.

*hattip

Aldryic C'boäs,
    Frantech Staff

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

Why is he banned?

Thanked by 1marrco
  • qpsqps Member, Host Rep

netomx said: Why is he banned?

The GVH / Jon Nguyen incident.

• netomx said: Why is he banned?

Too good a forums-poster

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

kcaj said: Secondly - why, why, WHY would any semi-intelligent company try to get more IP space by... rapidly selling existing space?

Churn. But I digress...

Thanked by 2Kris Dylan
  • WilliamWilliam Member
    edited July 2014

kcaj said: First off, the largest plan has 32 IPs. We would have to setup new racks in our cages, and even then those would be filled and sold out before we burned up our IP space at 32x a pop

Yea... no. BuyVM/Frantech does not have that much IP space. No matter what anyone says this is still a tactic to justify more IP space, which essentially isn't bad either (i do the same, so i should be the last one to complain).

Thanked by 1Kris
  • Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

It's good to see Aldryic banned here. He pretends to be the Only Businessman here. At every small incidents, he gets fired. Is it our bindings to sign up with Frantech? They don't earn money? Likely this, They were trying hard to get enough customers & grow rapidly, & when they availed that, they don't need any customers. It's our so called obligations to pay them money, they really don't care. Okay, best of luck with your old customers & clients. We won't die for your non-sense policy to reduce spam.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Francisco said: Anyone is welcome to pick it up if they want it.

• Mahfuz_SS_EHL said: It's good to see Aldryic banned here. He pretends to be the Only Businessman here. At every small incidents, he gets fired. Is it our bindings to sign up with Frantech? They don't earn money? Likely this, They were trying hard to get enough customers & grow rapidly, & when they availed that, they don't need any customers. It's our so called obligations to pay them money, they really don't care. Okay, best of luck with your old customers & clients. We won't die for your non-sense policy to reduce spam.

w-what?

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@Mahfuz_SS_EHL said:
    It's good to see Aldryic banned here. He pretends to be the Only Businessman here. At every small incidents, he gets fired. Is it our bindings to sign up with Frantech? They don't earn money? Likely this, They were trying hard to get enough customers & grow rapidly, & when they availed that, they don't need any customers. It's our so called obligations to pay them money, they really don't care. Okay, best of luck with your old customers & clients. We won't die for your non-sense policy to reduce spam.

I'm not sure how Aldryic's policy's are nonsense. He expects everyone to provide proper details on signup, no matter the size of plan you're ordering. Would you rather we allow everything then spend our evenings fighting spamhaus? I know I wouldn't. There's just as many people that ask for Aldryic's help in private to improve their own TOS/AUP's and more than a few providers that have been given permission to straight up use our TOS/AUP, as there are people that hate said policy.

Aldryic got banned for being an asshole, what else is new? It isn't even like he tries to be mean, it's just he'll voice what most people are thinking anyway. GVH on the other hand, should be banned just as long as him for making such a threat in public.

Really, it's sad. When he still posted here in the days of yore, there were more than a few providers that went on the offensive taking shots at us for our TOS/AUP claiming it was completely out of tune with how things should be handled....and yet, all of those providers are either deadpooled or they implemented many of his policies in one form or another.

Francisco

• awvnxawvnx Member
    edited July 2014

I asked if the IP deal could be applied to storage nodes, and they said no. Oh well. Bought two 256MB's for now.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Mahfuz_SS_EHL said: It's good to see Aldryic banned here. He pretends to be the Only Businessman here. At every small incidents, he gets fired. Is it our bindings to sign up with Frantech? They don't earn money? Likely this, They were trying hard to get enough customers & grow rapidly, & when they availed that, they don't need any customers. It's our so called obligations to pay them money, they really don't care. Okay, best of luck with your old customers & clients. We won't die for your non-sense policy to reduce spam.

I'm not sure what Google Translate target language you're using but this is how I would summarize your post:

@Aldryic is a stand-up guy who's always been good to deal with. Ditto for @Francisco. BuyVM is one of the class acts of the VPS provider world. I've noticed the only people who have problems with them are either jealous competitors and scam/spam operators.

• Is this sponsored by the state department? Some sort of effort to help the Chinese evade their firewall.

@Abdussamad said:
    Is this sponsored by the state department? Some sort of effort to help the Chinese evade their firewall.

Hah! No, don't worry.

I've been trying to think up a witty reply to your post but I fear they'd translate wrong.

Francisco

• raindog308 said: BuyVM is one of the class acts of the VPS provider world. I've noticed the only people who have problems with them are either jealous competitors and scam/spam operators.

Or those with homeowner association provided Internet access

@raindog308 said:
    Aldryic is a stand-up guy who's always been good to deal with. Ditto for Francisco. BuyVM is one of the class acts of the VPS provider world. I've noticed the only people who have problems with them are either jealous competitors and scam/spam operators.

@Francisco has been always a model for me. I like him very much. But, Aldryic was always rude in some points.

Yeah, you can tie up your AUP & TOS in a strictly, but there are people who would do mistakes, like me I signed up with the Details which I used to use on other providers. They had no problem with that. So, if you need more specific address to reach My Home, I'm of course ready to provide you that. It's the SPAMMERS who wouldn't provide. But, he straight forward tells me that You're Banned, Man.

Mind that, you're considering them one of the top class VPS Provider but they didn't earn that in a Day/Night. They are the customers who helped then to reach the higher destination. So, dealing with a customer in a 'NOT CARING' policy, I would never appreciate.

• Somebody has to the bad guy in a company... Aldryic just happens to fit that position nicely.

IMO, Fran needs to work on getting KVM on pure SSD, but I don't see that happening just yet...

• gongyigongyi Member

@Coastercraze said:
    Somebody has to the bad guy in a company... Aldryic just happens to fit that position nicely.

IMO, Fran needs to work on getting KVM on pure SSD, but I don't see that happening just yet...

i like kvm much more than OVZ

@Coastercraze said:
    Somebody has to the bad guy in a company... Aldryic just happens to fit that position nicely.

October is when I figure i'll do it :) I'm going to Vegas to do some router work so i'll likely have a nice stack of SSD's waiting for me when I get there.

Francisco

• J1021J1021 Member

Mahfuz_SS_EHL said: Yeah, you can tie up your AUP & TOS in a strictly, but there are people who would do mistakes, like me I signed up with the Details which I used to use on other providers. They had no problem with that. So, if you need more specific address to reach My Home, I'm of course ready to provide you that. It's the SPAMMERS who wouldn't provide. But, he straight forward tells me that You're Banned, Man.

Why do you use two addresses?

@kcaj said:
    Why do you use two addresses?

Because, no one complains if it's short. However, the issue was not with Physical Address, it was with Email Address.

@Mahfuz_SS_EHL said:
    Because, no one complains if it's short. However, the issue was not with Physical Address, it was with Email Address.

I can't see you having an issue just because of your email address.

Why not PM me your old account email and I'll ask Aldryic to give me a run down.

Francisco

• gongyigongyi Member

256M RAM,256M SWAP,30G SSD,LV

• Why only for chinese?

@cppgohan said:
    Why only for chinese?

Read the first post fully :) We simply made a special and sent it to the OP's question.

Anyone can buy any of the plans if they're interested. There isn't any sort of order limit if you're wanting more than 1.

Francisco

• cppgohan said: Why only for chinese?

See:

Francisco said: The offering isn't meant to be racist or limited to a single group of people or country.

The offer was simply submitted to a Chinese blog.

• hosting in china? or free ips just for chinese?