Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Buyvm.net, lots of IPv4 free of charge for Chinese! - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Buyvm.net, lots of IPv4 free of charge for Chinese!

Comments

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@antiycda said:
    hosting in china? or free ips just for chinese?

Neither.

These are a promotional plan we released for a chinese blog. You can't 'upgrade' into these plans or things like that.

We'll have these available till end of August most likely.

Francisco

• @Francisco said:

Understand! topic's title is not so clear though :)

• Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

@Francisco said:

Sent you PM regarding it. Awaiting answer.

@Francisco Is there any update??

@Mahfuz_SS_EHL said:
    Francisco Is there any update??

No, sorry. I only just saw the PM since I didn't get notification of the PM.

Aldryic went to bed early tonight and since he placed the account lock, I need to talk to him about it.

I'll talk to him in the morning.

Francisco

edited August 2014

@Francisco Thanks, waiting eagerly :-)

• Maybe I should say something about BuyVM...

I bought one of their plan few days ago to test it out. Installed nodequery.com daemon to monitor the VPS and this morning I received an e-mail saying that the server is down. So, I sent a ticket regarding this issue and 15 min later I got this reply...

There's currently a rather nasty bruteforce scan hitting LV-10 - because of how OpenVZ virtualizes networking, this is unfortunately maxing out the node's available connections, effectively taking the entire thing offline. I'm working on getting the attacks blocked up stream so that network connectivity will resume; we'll have the node back up as soon as we can. My apologies for the hassle.

This is the best detailed and professional ticket reply I got from a staff member I ever got! Effectively, the node was back online after this. No messing up and hiding things like other providers.

Kudos to Aldryic and BuyVM team.

Fred

• @Francisco Did I miss out on this one? Seeing out of stock..

@mikeyur said:
    Francisco Did I miss out on this one? Seeing out of stock..

Probably :)

I'm not sure if Aldryic simply didn't restock them or if that was the length of the promotion. I'll ask him in the morning when he's around.

Francisco

• FredQc said: This is the best detailed and professional ticket reply I got from a staff member I ever got! Effectively, the node was back online after this. No messing up and hiding things like other providers.

Still a bit weird as it likely means this host runs a LOT of VPS (could be 300+ on 32GB RAM), still, good reply.

William said: Still a bit weird as it likely means this host runs a LOT of VPS (could be 300+ on 32GB RAM), still, good reply.

Not quite :)

We've had a few /24's from china that are entirely rooted and so you have ~250 IP's all slamming away, bruting VM's.

I've been working to improve our IDS more and more as the days go on but it's tricky at times.

Francisco

• Yea, i did not mean that negatively either - OVZ is very good in performance of course and i know your nodes are fairly large. I just never hit that problem but can see its an issue with chinese userbase and chinese attackers.

edited August 2014

@William said:
    Yea, i did not mean that negatively either - OVZ is very good in performance of course and i know your nodes are fairly large. I just never hit that problem but can see its an issue with chinese userbase and chinese attackers.

Yep, it's only within the last few months has it really picked up.

[root@ny-edge01 ~]# for i in $(seq 01 08); do grep -c 2014-08-0$i /var/log/blackholed.log; done

That's just the ones the current IDS catches. The new IDS I got in the works should improve that even further :)

Francisco

• We have blacklisted for port scanning about 20 IPs only in the last hour. Such is the life on the internet.

• @Francisco said:
    Probably :)

>

I'm not sure if Aldryic simply didn't restock them or if that was the length of the promotion. I'll ask him in the morning when he's around.

Any update on this?

• Detruire said: Any update on this?

Fran is a busy guy. You'd do well to submit a sales ticket via the client panel.

https://my.frantech.ca/submitticket.php

• @Detruire @kcaj

I submitted a ticket last night, promo has ended unfortunately. Maybe I'll catch it next time.

• LinkkingLinkking Member
    edited August 2014

Francisco said: Aldryic got banned for being an asshole, what else is new?

He is an asshole. I agree with the ban.

• @mikeyur said:
    I submitted a ticket last night, promo has ended unfortunately. Maybe I'll catch it next time.

That sucks. I guess this is a case of "you snooze, you lose, you find another provider."

• Back in stock, but with lower disk space for the last 2 plans:

256MB OpenVZ Linux VPS 30GB Dedicated Space 1000GB Premium Bandwidth 4x IPv4 Addresses

https://my.frantech.ca/cart.php?a=add&pid=1346

512MB OpenVZ Linux VPS 50GB Dedicated Space 2000GB Premium Bandwidth 8x IPv4 Addresses

https://my.frantech.ca/cart.php?a=add&pid=1347

1024MB OpenVZ Linux VPS 60GB Dedicated Space 3000GB Premium Bandwidth 16x IPv4 Addresses

https://my.frantech.ca/cart.php?a=add&pid=1348

2048MB OpenVZ Linux VPS 70GB Dedicated Space 4000GB Premium Bandwidth 32x IPv4 Addresses

https://my.frantech.ca/cart.php?a=add&pid=1349

Thanked by 1ankittulsian
  • pid=1349? OMG, who entered so many products in their WHMCS?

Thanked by 1tux

@rds100 said:
    pid=1349? OMG, who entered so many products in their WHMCS?

>

Hah, nah. Aldryic replicates products via manual SQL so he'll pick random ID groups at times.

Space is the same on the 2 biggest plans, it's just that the sites aren't updated.

Francisco

Thanked by 2rds100 Noerman
  • @Francisco I was under the impression that it was ended due to some abuse? Either way, glad it's back and I could actually get one this time.

@mikeyur said:
    Francisco I was under the impression that it was ended due to some abuse? Either way, glad it's back and I could actually get one this time.

It's possible Aldryic cleared up whatever abuse he was seeing. I don't get forwards of every last case we get (granted we don't get that many), they're only brought up to me if I ask or if Aldryic needs more feedback.

Francisco

• jonnathon said: but with lower disk space for the last 2 plans:

The space on these plans were a deal for me. 100GB SSD space for $12.95/m.

• OOS again.. :|

• Blah, I was just about to get one.

@dobuz said:
    OOS again.. :|

@Legendlink said:
    Blah, I was just about to get one.

Log a ticket and Aldryic can probably arrange something :)

Francisco

• I appreciate the response, but it seems a few people ruined it for us all.

@Legendlink said:
    I appreciate the response, but it seems a few people ruined it for us all.

I've been busy adding a mail toggle to Stallion in the off chance someone gets exploited and spams or something.

I'll hopefully commit it today/tomorrow.

Francisco