Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

An apology to the LET community, a plead for forgiveness, and a start of a new beginning.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

An apology to the LET community, a plead for forgiveness, and a start of a new beginning.

After the barrage of threads about us recently on LowEndTalk and vpsBoard, I have been going through emotional distress, trying to fight a battle within myself on my personal ethics and morality. I have realized now that my past actions have caused a lot of trouble, anger, and hatred from people in the community and I have decided that it is time for me to open my eyes to reality and come clean to everything.

I want to start by saying that I owe everyone here an apology. Through my actions and through my words, I realize now that I have been arrogant, rude, egotistical, greedy, and disrespectful. Everyone that I have encountered has every single right to be angry with me for my actions, and the things that I have did, and I could not express in words right now how disappointed I am at myself and how much I feel like dirt. I had things going well for me, and once had the respect of many hosting industry pioneers, such as Aldryic, Martin, and Skylar, and I went down the wrong path with my greed for low end market share, power, and money. I foolishly decided to hide behind marketing tactics and superiors, and realize now that I was in the wrong, and that I am to blame. I wanted mass expansion, I wanted growth, I wanted market share, but it was not until when things started collapsing on me did I realize that the path I was going on wasn't the right path to go on.

What a lot of people have said about me on several threads on this forum and several threads on the other forum are right. I was a crazy lunatic that didn't know what he was doing. With my attempts at concealment, I have hurt my colleagues, our community, and most of all, our beloved and valued customers. I want to make a change. I want to turn our company and our reputation around, and cleanse the dirt on our name. I don't want to continue going on the path that I have been going on, I want to turn around and make the turn to go on the right path. There will be no more lies, no more overloading, no more mass overselling, and no more disrespect. We will start alleviating the conditions on our nodes by deploying additional nodes of spreading across VMs that have been congested into a single node, and we will start doing this as soon as possible. We will also be addressing and handling the situation with srv3 as soon as possible by deploying new pure SSD servers and offering clients a free upgrade to move over, along with generous compensations. I realize and understand now that our profits are not the most valuable assets to our company; our customers are. And in order to sustain a successful business, we need to focus on what matters most, our customers.

What is on a lot of people's minds right about about us is the Facebook picture that is being circulated around. I want to come clean, I don't wish to hide anything any more and I want a fresh start. The profile picture posted in that previous thread that is being circulated is a picture that was taken from my Facebook profile in 2013 that I posted at the early age of 15. Nearly two years ago when I co founded GreenValueHost, I had a vision to create one of the best hosting companies in existence. My vision began being blurred and driven by greed and it led to disastrous results in which I could have never imagined. I truly, truly love the hosting industry and have a true passion for the field of technology, and I honestly do love this place. I love hosting and I always want to be right here in the hosting industry, and nowhere else. I have a very wonderful team of staff, colleagues, and friends that I have met throughout my journey to help me through this, and I will always value and appreciate everything that they have done for me thus far and everything that they will continue to do as time continues to pass by to the future.

As much as it seems the opposite to most people right now, deep down I have no bad intentions and I wish for the best for everyone, especially members of the community and our clients. I am writing this thread to ask you, the members of this dear community, and any of our clients that may be reading this, for your dear mercy and forgiveness to accept my sincere apology and to forgive me for the horrible mistakes that I have made. I understand that some people still may be skeptical reading this, and I understand. I understand that the mistakes that I have made have made dreadful wounds, and that it will take time before I will be able to heal them. I am going to work towards not only improving our services, but our morals and ethical values, and hope that one day we will be able to shine bright with a clean name. This will be the start of a beginning for both GreenValueHost and myself, and right now I just want nothing but to put our profits aside and work on building towards a better future.

Comments

• myhkenmyhken Member
    edited January 2014

Hope it works out for you...can't be easy to have everyone against you. A honest statement must I say. Good luck.

Everyone deserve a:

• So why don't you make up a timeline on what you are going to actually do.
    Ie.

Jan 30: 3x servers deployed etc

Just so people can expect downtimes etc

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep
    edited January 2014

Definitely a start for what I hope is the right path for you, I honestly hope it goes well for you and you are able to prove to everyone how well you can do. I wouldn't really plead for forgiveness though, I would try and show it by actions rather than words. Hopefully this is a sincere apology, also I do think it's a good idea to admit where you had not been honest etc.

Let's see what you can do, get to start with planning some good stuff for GVH and making your customers happy!

If you need any advice and such, I'm always around, just send me a PM or find my e-mail address or w/e.

Thanked by 1vRozenSch00n
  • Applause. Well said, extremely well said!

Thank you for making a change. :)

• iSkyiSky Member
    edited January 2014

This was very long to read after all the drama. Need more popcorns. Try to reread this long talking bla bla bla. After the long story, Just can give you advise @GreenValueHost just being honestly about all the plan you offers(Storage, SUPER BIG BW, High Memory, But Low Cost) The more your crazy offer, then you got more abuser that makes your real client was becoming the victims. Yes you may say it was your MARKETING STARTEGY or something like that. However, that plan was OVERLY. Then now you got the result of all you did.

• edited January 2014

Finally...

• I hope it works out better for you this time.

• Hoping for a good 2014 for you and GVH

• Good luck. I hope we won't see anymore rediculous offers.

Thanked by 1iSky
  • @Brad said:
    Good luck. I hope we won't see anymore rediculous offers.

You're making a good point. That 100TB maybe it can change to Unmetered so it will looking good rather than 100TB.

• You did the right thing. Best of luck to you, GVH!

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited January 2014

As much as I have a tear in my eye right now this was predicted. You did this over at WHT more than once after being called out. Post up a pleading and hope it passes over or people fall for it. Quite sad really.

• I applaud Jon for having the balls to come out and know when to fix things. No matter the age, there are some people that can't do that.

• @GreenValueHost I don't really care.., We have seen your not old/Mature enough to even run a host, Anyway good luck...

• MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran

said: I foolishly decided to hide behind marketing tactics and superiors

What superiors? I thought you owned GVH outright? Aren't you your own boss?

• @MonsteR said:
    GreenValueHost I don't really care.., We have seen your not old/Mature enough to even run a host, Anyway good luck...

Little harsh?

Thanked by 1darkshire
  • jnguyenjnguyen Member
    edited January 2014

@W1V_Lee said:
    As much as I have a tear in my eye right now this was predicted. You did this over at WHT more than once after being called out. Post up a pleading and hope it passes over or people fall for it. Quite sad really.

I understand your position and very much appreciate your feedback. Unlike in past threads and situations, after this post we're completely an open book with nothing to hide and everything to lose, and the improvements that I have mentioned in this post will start to be pushed out almost immediately, and as soon as possible.

There's only one direction that we can move now, and that direction is forward. We can't go back after this; everything has been put out and everything is on the line for us.

@MannDude

I apologize for the improper wording, 'Superiors' refers to people whom have more understanding and a greater influence on things than I do.

• @MannDude said:
    What superiors? I thought you owned GVH outright? Aren't you your own boss?

He is not even 18 years old and can't register/own a company

• MonsteRMonsteR Member
    edited January 2014

Yes, but as you can see from the recent and past posts, This was his only logical choice and the fact he has apparently done this in the past already, so I don't really feel persuaded by this although I am just a observer here.

Either way time will tell and we can all see :)

• nice job @GreenValueHost, well said and i appreciate the deep honesty.
    im hoping for the best for you and i might be buying a GVH server soon.

• lbftlbft Member
    edited January 2014

@GreenValueHost, I have some advice for you:

SHUT UP.

Seriously. Don't reply to people, don't antagonise people, don't wave your dick around on IRC channels, shut the fuck up. Let people get bored of talking about you. Let the shitstorm blow over. Post offer threads if you need to but nothing else.

And then your products will stand on their own merits.

• So I applaud you for doing this but could you answer my question I've been asking?

• @GreenValueHost
    @lbft isnt trying to be mean here, as much as it may sound like it..
    i too would advise you give it a few weeks to cool down, and be sparse around here.
    and then come back and kick some ass ! (in a good way)

Thanked by 1lbft
  • My advice,

Never ever lie to your customer, never underestimate people's trust on you and learn from the low end market trend setters here.

BuyVM is the pioneer of the $15/year deal

InceptionHosting is the pioneer of IPv4 + nated EU3/year deal

Prometeus is the pioneer of lots of gifts and deals to their existing customers

Catalysthost is the pioneer of humble and stable host

and many more.

One more advice, when you reply a post, try not to be overfluous, just straight to the point in a polite manner, don't play too much with words as it may backfire at you.

Learn from people like Infinity, rm_, raymii, wlanboy, jarland, jhadley, and many other good people here.

Now it's time for a new start, and I wish you good luck.

• @GreenValueHost said:
    I apologize for the improper wording, 'Superiors' refers to people whom have more understanding and a greater influence on things than I do.

This thread screams attention seeking behavior to me, you really should just fob off and stop creating these drama filled situations. I hope you know the internet is forever and you will never be able to remove this post once Google's picked it up, so when people Google your brand they'll see this and honestly I wouldn't want my host to say " I was a crazy lunatic that didn't know what he was doing. "

@MonsteR said:
    GreenValueHost I don't really care.., We have seen your not old/Mature enough to even run a host, Anyway good luck...

That's the right answer right there, you're still a kid, sorry but it's true and you don't have the maturity for running your own business. Some do, 99% do not, that is why kiddie hosts fail and the more seasoned among us avoid them like the plague.

I'd bet on a rebrand of GVH before the end of 2014.

Thanked by 2Mark_R MonsteR
  • Okay, honest question, how many L3 techs do you honestly have? Of course, you have the right to not answer but i'm just curious.

Also, nice job, I personally have nothing against you nor your business. Hope all goes well for you! :)

• And do not be the next mazker

• @skybucks100 said:
    Okay, honest question, how many L3 techs do you honestly have? Of course, you have the right to not answer but i'm just curious.

Also, nice job, I personally have nothing against you nor your business. Hope all goes well for you! :)

I honestly was not lying about the number of staff and L3 techs that we had in my previous posts. We do have a total of 18 staff; some staff are semi-dedicated, some dedicated (higher management), some Indian, and some on-call duty.

Thanked by 1darkshire
This discussion has been closed.