Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DelimiterVPS - Just got a dedi from that at $60/quarter - AWESOME DEALS!!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

DelimiterVPS - Just got a dedi from that at $60/quarter - AWESOME DEALS!!

Hello Fellow LET Members,

A few days ago I made a post requesting a cheap dedicated server which I could use for a Windows Remote Desktop.

I didn't have much luck finding a deal until @MarkTurner from DelimiterVPS's partner company told me that DelimiterVPS has a deal for Black Friday.

The deal is as follows:

HP BL460c - Dual Xeon 5150 (ie 4 cores)

16GB RAM

500GB Disk

1Gbps Connection

5TB Bandwidth

Atlanta Location

You get Dedicated KVM and power management

This deal is $30/pm or $20/pm if paid quarterly ($60 total)

Their staff were working during Thanks Giving to get this server up and running.

Earlier today (Morning UK Time) I had an email with all the details.

Server's working great, fast connection. Currently running Windows Server 2012 R2

If you like this offer you can order it here:

https://clients.delimitervps.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=102&carttpl=cart

Use promo code - BLACKFRIDAY2013

Thanked by 1MarkTurner

Comments

• How much did he pay you to post this (honest question)?

Thanked by 3Amfy Licensecart ucxo
  • No one paid me anything to make this post.

It is my honest opinion.

The Server is running great.

• Delimiter doesn't pay for reviews. Seriously if they did, don't you think they'd have 1000's of good reviews out there.

There was someone else on another thread who said he was going to order a server, not sure if he did though.

• Uh, can't really say the same... My server got provisioned at 6:30, about 30 minutes after ordering which is great, I went on the server to run a few benchmarks. I couldn't even run the FreeVPS benchmark or sudo yum update without it freezing. I was hoping it was just a fluke and asked for my server to be reinstalled about an hour and half ago and nothing still. Fun times.

• @skybucks100 have you opened a support ticket? How did you ask for your server to be reinstalled?

• @MarkTurner said:
    skybucks100 have you opened a support ticket? How did you ask for your server to be reinstalled?

Not yet, and though the "(Re)install Server" button in the client area

• @skybucks100 - that will setup a PXE job for the server to reinstall, but it still needs resetting. Its specifically two steps to avoid accidental deletion.

If you've set it to reinstall, reboot the server - login and type reboot and then it will start the reinstall.

• @MarkTurner said:
    skybucks100 - that will setup a PXE job for the server to reinstall, but it still needs resetting. Its specifically two steps to avoid accidental deletion.

If you've set it to reinstall, reboot the server - login and type reboot and then it will start the reinstall.

Okay I rebooted it once and now I can't reconnect. I'll take that as a good sign?

• It will take a while to reinstall everything, its not coming from an image but a fresh install with all the relevant updates.

You can see the status in the same place you found the reinstall button, I think its called something like update status. You should be able to see each RPM being installed.

• @skybucks100 said:
    Okay I rebooted it once and now I can't reconnect. I'll take that as a good sign?

How do you expect connecting a server which is installing the OS?

• @serverian said:
    How do you expect connecting a server which is installing the OS?

I wasn't, thats why I was saying it's a good sign. As in, it's reinstalling.

• @skybucks100 do you see the update button in Delimiter's service page? I am not sure whether they have this or not. But you should be able to see progress as it installs.

• @MarkTurner said:
    skybucks100 do you see the update button in Delimiter's service page? I am not sure whether they have this or not. But you should be able to see progress as it installs.

Yup

Downloaded: http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/dists/precise-backports/universe/i18n/Translation-en.bz2

• I also purchased the $60/quarter deal. I couldn't complete the online payment, but one email later it was resolved in minutes. The server was provisioned 24 minutes after payment.

Serverbear benchmarks posted here:
    http://serverbear.com/benchmark/2013/11/29/ftiVnQLMITls2oiC

I had been scanning this forum for a dedicated server offer recently, and was also considering the online.net €29 offer. I currently have a 1GB SSD VPS which I am using to host a magento store and wordpress blog. I am excited to see if this server will be faster, particularly by moving the mysql to RAM and using nginx, php-fpm and varnish.

Thanked by 1lukesUbuntu
  • @8420PR said:
    I also purchased the $60/quarter deal. I couldn't complete the online payment, but one email later it was resolved in minutes. The server was provisioned 24 minutes after payment.

Serverbear benchmarks posted here:
    http://serverbear.com/benchmark/2013/11/29/ftiVnQLMITls2oiC

I had been scanning this forum for a dedicated server offer recently, and was also considering the online.net €29 offer. I currently have a 1GB SSD VPS which I am using to host a magento store and wordpress blog. I am excited to see if this server will be faster, particularly by moving the mysql to RAM and using nginx, php-fpm and varnish.

Nice I/O:

dd if=/dev/zero of=sb-io-test bs=64k count=16k conv=fdatasync
    106.03 s, 10.1 MB/s

• I have better I/O off the $15 second hand RPi I got off ebay

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Do they offer ipv6?

• @AnthonySmith said:
    Do they offer ipv6?

From the looks of it, nope.

• review as first post from @8420PR there...

• @8420PR something is wrong with your array configuration. You need to enable the RAID controller's cache. These HP blade servers have a Smart Array controller on them and even though you just have one disk, you need to set the controller to use the cache otherwise everything crawls.

You should set it or ask Delimiter's support to set it for you. Performance will go up dramatically

• Is the offer for HP BL460c blade with BLACKFRIDAY2013 code recurring or just one billing period? Thanks

• Recurring

• Very nice offer. Can we get less Ram for more HD?

• @JoeBiss - You should ask [email protected], I dont work there so not sure how they are working their promotions

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

What's up with the ban of the OP? If it's what it seems like it would be, probably good to note here.

• jarland said: What's up with the ban of the OP? If it's what it seems like it would be, probably good to note here.

He was banned for ban evasion.

• ban evasion?

• @mpkossen said:

Why was he banned in the first place?

This discussion has been closed.