Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DelimiterVPS - Just got a dedi from that at $60/quarter - AWESOME DEALS!! - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

DelimiterVPS - Just got a dedi from that at $60/quarter - AWESOME DEALS!!

1235»

Comments

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

@AThomasHowe said:
    Also very nice. My dream facility (closest) would be NextGen

http://www.nextgenerationdata.co.uk

But as of yet there don't seem to be too many low end providers using them yet.

Their prices were pretty high last I checked and I don't really like Berkshire all too much. :P

• The offices are in berkshire England but the DC is in Newport South Wales (hence why its closest to me :P) - at least they have a large DC now down in newport :)

• @Infinity said:

a retired staff? Are you leaving CC now?

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep
    edited April 2014

@ErawanArifNugroho said:
    a retired staff? Are you leaving CC now?

I've been gone for a while, since I think July/August, around the same time as Liam. ;-)

Just that I still had a staff tag after I had left and people made a fuss so I changed it to retired staff.

Thanked by 1ErawanArifNugroho
  • timnboystimnboys Member
    edited December 2014

sorry.

• @timnboys said:
    Hello MarkTurner I need to ask you I seem to be able to use only 4 of the 5 usable ip's as the first is assigned as gateway and second is my main servers ip which only leaves by my count 4 usable ip's instead of 5 so please forgive me if I don't know how this works yet but I would like to be able to use the 5 ipv4 in my /29 subnet but haven't figured that out yet due to it is used as the server ip address(host) please tell me if I can give you the ip block I was given in pm and see if you can help me out MarkTurner also please tell me on replacing the /29 subnet I have and getting a /28 subnet to have more ipv4 how much more would I be expected to pay in 3 months? as I don't know that steve is responding back to my email yet on getting the /29 subnet replaced with /28 subnet.

Are you serious. PM @MarkTurner, don't bring up a freaking old thread! We don't care about your stupid problems.

Post flagged for necro.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @timnboys

The /29 has 6 usable address, with one being your gateway and one being your dedicated servers main IP, leaving you with only 4 left over. That's why you only have 4 to be used, the last is the broadcast and the first is the network.

Hope that helps, someone maybe able to explain in a little more detail than I can.

Thanked by 1timnboys
  • timnboystimnboys Member
    edited December 2014

0xdragon said: @timnboys said: >Hello MarkTurner I need to ask you I seem to be able to use only 4 of the 5 usable ip's as >the first is assigned as gateway and second is my main servers ip which only leaves by >my count 4 usable ip's instead of 5 so please forgive me if I don't know how this works >yet but I would like to be able to use the 5 ipv4 in my /29 subnet but haven't figured >that out yet due to it is used as the server ip address(host) please tell me if I can give >you the ip block I was given in pm and see if you can help me out MarkTurner also >please tell me on replacing the /29 subnet I have and getting a /28 subnet to have more >ipv4 how much more would I be expected to pay in 3 months? as I don't know that steve >is responding back to my email yet on getting the /29 subnet replaced with /28 subnet.

>

Are you serious. PM @MarkTurner, don't bring up a freaking old thread! We don't care about your stupid problems.

>

Post flagged for necro.

You could have said it more nicely you know...you are right I shouldn't have brought up a old thread but you didn't have to be rude to say it....basically you did just break one of the rules:

General rules

We also have some basic rules (which are mainly common decency) which are listed here for your conveniece. This list is not exclusive.

Do not SPAM (i.e. post multiple threads on the same topic, continuously post completely irrelevant information in threads)!
    Just to repeat: no racism, threatening people, and so on. These are bannable offences!

>
    >

Respect! We are all human beings, we all make mistakes and we all have different opinions. A failure to be respectfull can result in a temporary ban or, eventually, a permanent one.

@Nekki @jcaleb @mpkossen please come moderate.

• @timnboys said:
    Nekki please come moderate.

Lol, go for it.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@timnboys said:
    sorry.

LET is not (insert any company here) Helpdesk

Thanked by 10xdragon
This discussion has been closed.