Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DelimiterVPS - Just got a dedi from that at $60/quarter - AWESOME DEALS!! - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

DelimiterVPS - Just got a dedi from that at $60/quarter - AWESOME DEALS!!

Comments

• oh.. just like when we were banned in an irc channel from specific ip? but then coming again using different ip?

so, it's a multiple account then?

• mpkossenmpkossen Member
    edited December 2013

earl said: Why was he banned in the first place?

Breaking domain auction rules. It was a temporary ban, one week.

ErawanArifNugroho said: oh.. just like when we were banned in an irc channel from specific ip? but then coming again using different ip?

so, it's a multiple account then?

Basically, yes. I banned his first account, one day later he came back with a second.

I could have also banned his IPs, but it's harder to keep track of that.

• Suppose his other username is @rmlhhd..

Thanked by 1ironhide
  • earl said: Suppose his other username is @rmlhhd..

Yep.

Thanked by 1earl
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited December 2013

So I just got my delimiter dedi. It's in 55 marietta. Running a 0.4ms ping to ramnode. Impressive for $10.

[root@atom ~]# sh bench.sh
    CPU model :  Intel(R) Atom(TM) CPU  230   @ 1.60GHz
    Number of cores : 2
    CPU frequency :  1599.996 MHz
    Total amount of ram : 1877 MB
    Total amount of swap : 3711 MB
    System uptime :   3:26,
    Download speed from CacheFly: 37.4MB/s
    Download speed from Coloat, Atlanta GA: 18.9MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Dallas, TX: 2.02MB/s
    Download speed from Linode, Tokyo, JP: 720KB/s
    Download speed from i3d.net, NL:
    Download speed from Leaseweb, Haarlem, NL: 930KB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Singapore: 465KB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Seattle, WA: 1.28MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, San Jose, CA: 1.41MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Washington, DC: 6.98MB/s
    I/O speed :  70.5 MB/s

• Dan Fry strikes again?

Thanked by 1jar
    edited December 2013

@mpkossen said:
    Dan Fry strikes again?

Didn't he sell this one a long time ago? Everything seems to trace to Eden Akhavi in London. @Spirit is seriously going to laugh at me if it's him and I fall for it...again.

• jarland said: going to laugh at me if it's him and I fall for it...again.

Hehe, I know ;-)

My source is @Spirit on this one. Maybe he knows whether this is still his or not?

• @mpkossen Daniel Fry was the founder of Delimiter, it was the first of his pump and dumps. He sold it to Yomura in 2009/2010, he then went on to make 10-12 different other companies, one of the most recent being VPS6.

Daniel Fry has nothing to do with Yomura or any Yomura company, he simply founded the company, then offered it for sale on WHT and it was bought by Yomura at open auction on there.

• SetsuraSetsura Member
    edited December 2013

@jarland said:

Download speed from i3d.net, NL: 

Guess that script wasn't updated. For whatever reason i3d changed it from ftp.i3d.net to mirror.i3d.net and didn't bother redirecting it to the new thing.

@Setsura said:
    Guess that script wasn't updated. For whatever reason i3d changed it from ftp.i3d.net to mirror.i3d.net and didn't bother redirecting it to the new thing.

Yeah that happens. Never bothers me much as I generally don't get much traffic that way anyway.

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited December 2013

@MarkTurner said:
    He sold it to Yomura in 2009/2010

... who disappeared here and there for longer periods and clients wasn't able to get any response what's with their servers, data, etc... begging fictious Giles Anderson and then Steve Jones who also disappeared off the face of the earth for refund for paid service which was gone and never came back.
    I had two VPSs with Delimiter too (VPSLite 10 - Copenhagen, VPSLite 10 - Paris) in 2010 but luckily packed my bags and cancelled right before one of those biggest fiasco.
    Atleast 2 or 3 times it seemed that Delimiter went for good and it's actually surprising to see you still around :)

He sold it to Yomura in 2009/2010, he then went on to make 10-12 different other companies, one of the most recent being VPS6.

If memory serve me well Yomura bought more than one company from Dann Fry and effectively destroyed it some time after acquisition. To name only RentAVPS and XVPS. XVPS clients never got money back for service they prepaid but it dissapeared.

That's not badmouthing and I am pretty sure that many of those things are still docummented at WHT and LEB. All what's needed to do is some digging.

edited December 2013

Well I know company registration is a bit more involved over in the direction of Yomura's registration. Seems to be consistency among the identity used for various companies.

http://www.companiesintheuk.co.uk/director/2902110/eden-akhavi

As for whether or not Yomura is a trustworthy company, I've obviously no information, but I'll at least note that they seem to be consistent and there seems to be little to none in the way of hiding information, unless it's hidden in plain sight, which I won't rule out. Certainly doesn't fit Dan's profile unless he's found a way to game the system in the name of Eden Akhavi, which is probably a far more punishable offense in that territory, so that's certainly promising.

Edit: Seems they have run a few brands into the ground. One of which being iFuse Hosting.

• Delimiter has never gone anywhere. I may not have the intimate knowledge of the whole drama that you do, but I know there has been a variety of issues along the way. Some I daresay self-created by the team at Delimiter and in other cases collateral damage as Daniel Fry tried to leverage off the back of Delimiter and burnt a number of colocation companies.

RentaVPS was nothing to do with Daniel Fry, if I remember rightly that was a British guy who started that company. RentaVPS was later merged into Delimiter because it was not big enough to stand alone.

XVPS we bought and Daniel Fry tried to steal back - Dont ask! He tricked Gandi into transferring the domains back to him and then sent them to his usual haunt at Namecheap.

XVPS was very much a pump and dump, customers were offered ridiculous deals by him or whoever his alias was that day. We ended up with a company where the customers were supposed to be being billed $10/month for a VPS but were in fact only paying $3, the whole of the WHMCS records had been tweaked.

It was around the same time that SuperVPS (?), another Daniel Fry 'production', started which resulted in all of XVPS customer's being mailed and offered $3 VPS so you can imagine the churn was 99%. Customers went to SuperVPS and then that was listed on WHT and so on.

If you look at Delimiter when Fry created it, it was a good product, he came up with something innovative and had a unique selling point - unlimited bandwidth. He sold it to Yomura and we pumped the necessary cash into it to keep it online and grow it. Delimiter is a fantastically good performing brand for Yomura, there is no denying it. Its our top performing VPS brand.

But if Fry had just stuck to building something innovative like he had done with Delimiter then he would have been onto a winner. But it seems this sudden surge of cash he got for Delimiter went to his head and he just started pumping them out like a factory.

• @jarland iFuse was bankrupt when we bought it. I actually handed the migration of those customers. The former owner had not paid Poundhost or whoever the company was for months. They had got cut off and one of their customers actually paid £3000 to Poundhost to get iFuse reconnected so that they could get their data.

Yomura bought it in effective bankruptcy, moved the Windows VPS' customers to Delimiter and after the last few customers left or were pushed out the door (many had not paid for 6+ months), iFuse was shutdown.

Eden is 100% real person, its not a Daniel Fry pseudonym. You'll find him back in the very early days of Internet in Europe. I was actually a customer of his in 1994 when he was the first ISP in UK to off 100% local call dialup. He was there long before companies like Demon, etc.

All plausible words. I've certainly no complaints at the moment, and you've explained yourself well. I don't believe anyone could ask for more.

• @jarland - interesting choice of words at the beginning of your message. When I came on here I was hoping to avoid the whole 'work' thing but in ways its probably helping that someone is actually providing some real information. Steve seems to have spent the last few years running and ducking for cover everytime there has been an explosion irrespective of whether its been self inflicted or collateral damage from Fry Inc.

edited December 2013

@MarkTurner said:
    jarland - interesting choice of words at the beginning of your message. When I came on here I was hoping to avoid the whole 'work' thing but in ways its probably helping that someone is actually providing some real information. Steve seems to have spent the last few years running and ducking for cover everytime there has been an explosion irrespective of whether its been self inflicted or collateral damage from Fry Inc.

I agree I think it's good to have someone speak for the company, even if casually. I'm sure you won't be bothered about it too much after some time, but the name is creeping up around here right now because of the low priced dedis, and it'll come with some past events being brought up for sure. Just the fact that you're answering questions and being friendly about it, extremely valuable for the reputation of the business as a whole.

• @Jarland some sad but interesting reading (not from pissed off client for exchange)
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=958188
    http://lowendbox.com/blog/sitepenguin-exclusive-deal-3-99-128mb-vps/

Anyway, enough from me about this topic - I will just stay quiet and observe from now on ;-)

• @jarland - there has definitely been some history, I dont know all of it by any stretch. But have been involved from a technical perspective with some of these acquisitions so I know some of the history or some of the problems that has gone on in the background.

@Spirit said:
    Jarland some sad but interesting reading (not from pissed off client for exchange)
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=958188
    http://lowendbox.com/blog/sitepenguin-exclusive-deal-3-99-128mb-vps/

Anyway, enough from me about this topic - I will just stay quiet and observe from now on ;-)

Good links. Truth be told I work for a company that has loads of hate threads on WHT and I disagree with just about everything said. The view from the outside is not the same as the view from the inside. However, they should certainly all be noted, and I would advise anyone here to approach Delimiter with caution. I will be the first to say that such caution is no longer necessary should I feel that way some time in the future.

• @jarland : They are still one of my first hostings. I absolutely like them. They are good. I dnt hate them :)

Thanked by 1jar
  • @spirit - that SitePenguin story - is very untrue. I doubt there is an NDA in place any more as that acquisition took place in 2009 but its not my place to set that story straight and would probably really upset the apple cart if I did.

• I purchased a dedicated server from Delimiter and it's been 3 working days and still nothing has been provisioned... grrr...

• @ouija said:
    I purchased a dedicated server from Delimiter and it's been 3 working days and still nothing has been provisioned... grrr...

It's 3 working days from the time your order/payment is approved, though they don't tell you when they approve it. You might get it tomorrow.

I will say that mine were delivered on the 4th business day after I had ordered, which fits into what is said about 1 day for billing approval and 3 days for delivery.

• @ouija PM me your email I'll check

• Has anyone managed to get ESXi working on one of these boxes?

• 4 business days (ordered Jan. 2nd) here so far and no server.

• @bgeorge - whats your email - PM me

• @bgeorge Your server was ordered on 2nd, approved on 3rd and delivered about half hour ago. So within the 3 working days.

This discussion has been closed.