Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

IPv6VM.com - Cheap IPv6-only VPS - Starting from €1/mo - Page 6
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

IPv6VM.com - Cheap IPv6-only VPS - Starting from €1/mo

Comments

• @xvps said: @labze wasn't VAT registered when he started. He is today, and I am sure he follows the VAT law.

I am from within the EU and my invoice from Hostbrr doesn't mention VAT at all.

• xvpsxvps Member

@cmeerw said:

@xvps said: @labze wasn't VAT registered when he started. He is today, and I am sure he follows the VAT law.

I am from within the EU and my invoice from Hostbrr doesn't mention VAT at all.

If you are a private customer, he should charge Danish or your country's VAT rate depending on his yearly sales.

• @gdmax said:
    The process of creating a VM is in progress. Please wait. Invoice #2341

Working on it.

• labzelabze Member, Patron Provider

@xvps said:

@yoursunny said:

@dev_vps said:

@jenkki said:

Many providers don't charge tax if you specify a country outside the EU when registering. So they do it for other reasons.

Can you share even one reputed provider who does not charge EU VAT for USA customers? Until you can share, keep your mouth shut

EU providers we used that do not charge VAT:

• ServerFactory (Germany)
    • HostBrr (Denmark)
    • Scaleway (France)

Did you buy as a private person or as a business from HostBrr?

If you buy services from a Danish provider as a private person outside the EU, the provider shall collect 25% Danish VAT.

There are strict rules for documentation when a Danish provider sells services without VAT to businesses.

@labze wasn't VAT registered when he started. He is today, and I am sure he follows the VAT law.

(Danish VAT sucks)

Sources:
    Non-EU customers: https://skat.dk/en-us/businesses/vat/vat-on-international-trade/trading-with-non-eu-countries/selling-goods-and-services

VAT rules: https://skat.dk/en-us/businesses/vat

Companies selling digital goods to private persons outside of EU does not need to charge VAT. It is not quite obvious from the standard writings on Skat.dk, but there are some principle rulings from previous cases where this has been estabilished. Likewise, I did contact them to make sure that what I did what by the books.

If I had to start charging 25% VAT for non-EU citizens then I'd likely loose the majority of my clients. Within EU I can charge the VAT rate of the country that the person resides in due to one-stop system.

I've been able to exclude VAT for some time due to not meeting certain thresholds that make this mandatory for me but it will be for next fiscal quarter.

• xvpsxvps Member
    edited February 14

@labze said:

@xvps said:

@yoursunny said:

@dev_vps said:

@jenkki said:

Many providers don't charge tax if you specify a country outside the EU when registering. So they do it for other reasons.

Can you share even one reputed provider who does not charge EU VAT for USA customers? Until you can share, keep your mouth shut

EU providers we used that do not charge VAT:

• ServerFactory (Germany)
    • HostBrr (Denmark)
    • Scaleway (France)

Did you buy as a private person or as a business from HostBrr?

If you buy services from a Danish provider as a private person outside the EU, the provider shall collect 25% Danish VAT.

There are strict rules for documentation when a Danish provider sells services without VAT to businesses.

@labze wasn't VAT registered when he started. He is today, and I am sure he follows the VAT law.

(Danish VAT sucks)

Sources:
    Non-EU customers: https://skat.dk/en-us/businesses/vat/vat-on-international-trade/trading-with-non-eu-countries/selling-goods-and-services

VAT rules: https://skat.dk/en-us/businesses/vat

Companies selling digital goods to private persons outside of EU does not need to charge VAT. It is not quite obvious from the standard writings on Skat.dk, but there are some principle rulings from previous cases where this has been estabilished. Likewise, I did contact them to make sure that what I did what by the books.

It would be nice if Skat wrote that on their website instead of creating a lot of confusion.

• How I can cancel ?
    Why support always by mail ? No ticket ? 🤨

• @Haggboss said:
    How I can cancel ?

Contact us

Why support always by mail ? No ticket ? 🤨

We’re going to introduce a easier way soon.

• We’re working on getting the issue for the new orders solved.
    I’ll update you today

• bapbap Member

Hm..

The process of creating a VM is in progress. Please wait.

invoice #2330, service ID 3047

Thanked by 1c1vhosting
  • Hm..

The process of creating a VM is in progress. Please wait.

Fattura #2336

Thanked by 1c1vhosting
  • 1/10 of a 1G port :D

Speedtest by Ookla

Server: TecnoADSL - Perugia (id: 57465)
         ISP: C1V

Idle Latency: 12.74 ms (jitter: 29.96ms, low: 10.94ms, high: 71.00ms)
    Download: 87.06 Mbps (data used: 89.3 MB)
    187.94 ms (jitter: 76.73ms, low: 12.68ms, high: 1101.64ms)
    Upload: 127.55 Mbps (data used: 112.2 MB)
    101.76 ms (jitter: 29.11ms, low: 13.00ms, high: 203.13ms)

• @Greyhound said:
    1/10 of a 1G port :D

Speedtest by Ookla

Check CPU usage.

• @c1vhosting said:

@Greyhound said:
    1/10 of a 1G port :D

Speedtest by Ookla

Check CPU usage.

The CPU usage is about 10% averagely during the speedtest.

• edited February 15

@Haggboss said:
    How I can cancel ?

You can't. This is an eternal service, where both parties have entered into a contract that only ends when either of them dies.

Thanked by 2yoursunny kode9
  • @totally_not_banned said:

@Haggboss said:
    How I can cancel ?

You can't. This is an eternal service, where both parties have entered into a contract that only ends when either of them dies.

Apparently, sounds like joke but is true

• Is this also subject to your 'up to ninety days delivery' policy?

Thanked by 1totally_not_banned
  • edited February 16

@techdragon said:
    Is this also subject to your 'up to ninety days delivery' policy?

Maybe. V6 IPs don't grow themself.

• Quick update: We found that the issue is with the provisioning module's IPv6 address handler. Since this is a third-party module, we are waiting for them to send us the dedicated bugfix

• ❌ IPv6 works
    ✅ IPv6 sucks

• Please contact us if anyone has still the message: The process of creating a VM is in progress. Please wait.

We’ll fix it in a while after contacting us.

• id=3063 Invoice #2341 ram 2gb no 1gb

• @gdmax said:
    id=3063 Invoice #2341 ram 2gb no 1gb

RAM is already 2GB

• linuxglobelinuxglobe Member
    edited February 19

@c1vhosting Hello! Today I got an invoice! So, my account and services not was deleted as I asked, and was promised by you?

• @c1vhosting I tried again to close my account and my services, but impossible. There is no link anywhere where I could close my account. There is no ticketing system, and they don't respond to emails either! The VPS is unusable, I couldn't even use it, and they didn't respond to my emails, so I asked them to close my account. They promised to close it, and now the next invoice has arrived. What the hell is happening?

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

I have received a new invoice but the ISOs are still unmountable and the same 2 templates are selectable so the service is unusable.
    Any chance for a fix in the next week?

• @linuxglobe said:
    @c1vhosting I tried again to close my account and my services, but impossible. There is no link anywhere where I could close my account. There is no ticketing system, and they don't respond to emails either! The VPS is unusable, I couldn't even use it, and they didn't respond to my emails, so I asked them to close my account. They promised to close it, and now the next invoice has arrived. What the hell is happening?

Have you checked if a your plan actually comes with a cancel feature? I hate to say it but if it does not you are pretty much screwed. You should never order any recurring service that does not offer cancelation. That's a big nono.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

@totally_not_banned said: That's a big nono.

It has no bearing over the contract. There is no way to enforce a contract ad infinitum on anyone (well, unless you are the devil). You can simply cancel the Paypal subscription and the host will be the one to worry since they didn't offer a simple way of cancelling.

• @Maounique Well said! I have never seen such a hosting service until now where the service cannot be canceled.

Thanked by 1ScreenReader
  • edited February 23

@Maounique said:

@totally_not_banned said: That's a big nono.

It has no bearing over the contract. There is no way to enforce a contract ad infinitum on anyone (well, unless you are the devil). You can simply cancel the Paypal subscription and the host will be the one to worry since they didn't offer a simple way of cancelling.

You must be fun at parties. Are you sure you really aren't somewhere on the spectrum?

• loayloay Member

@linuxglobe said:
    @Maounique Well said! I have never seen such a hosting service until now where the service cannot be canceled.

I had to contact them for a month here and multiple emails to get my account service cancelled and deleted. This is last November and it seems nothing changed.