Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

IPv6VM.com - Cheap IPv6-only VPS - Starting from €1/mo - Page 7
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

IPv6VM.com - Cheap IPv6-only VPS - Starting from €1/mo

Comments

• listerine90listerine90 Member
    edited February 24

@linuxglobe said:
    @c1vhosting I tried again to close my account and my services, but impossible. There is no link anywhere where I could close my account. There is no ticketing system, and they don't respond to emails either! The VPS is unusable, I couldn't even use it, and they didn't respond to my emails, so I asked them to close my account. They promised to close it, and now the next invoice has arrived. What the hell is happening?

There is no cancellation on their billing panel, you must contact them for them to manually remove it for you. Which is really stupid cause now that they've gone dormant and seemingly ignore tickets now.

People should really need to do their own due diligence first. They had shitty rep yet people still buy from them, and when they have shitty experience they're gonna complain. What are you expecting. We warned you.

Thanked by 2Carlin0 Svensken
  • CacheGenieCacheGenie Member, Patron Provider

@totally_not_banned said:

@Maounique said:

@totally_not_banned said: That's a big nono.

It has no bearing over the contract. There is no way to enforce a contract ad infinitum on anyone (well, unless you are the devil). You can simply cancel the Paypal subscription and the host will be the one to worry since they didn't offer a simple way of cancelling.

You must be fun at parties. Are you sure you really aren't somewhere on the spectrum?

That is absolutely inappropriate and offensive, why would you feel the need to say that to a stranger on the internet you have never met?

@Arkas can you take a look at this please?

• edited February 24

@CacheGenie said:

@Maounique said:

It has no bearing over the contract. There is no way to enforce a contract ad infinitum on anyone (well, unless you are the devil). You can simply cancel the Paypal subscription and the host will be the one to worry since they didn't offer a simple way of cancelling.

You must be fun at parties. Are you sure you really aren't somewhere on the spectrum?

That is absolutely inappropriate and offensive, why would you feel the need to say that to a stranger on the internet you have never met?

Why? I have the displeasure of knowing quite a bit about this guy (who likes to go after my nationality and shit like that) by now and my question is 100% serious. I don't know what would be offensive about asking someone if they have a mental problem that hinders their ability to understand certain types of communication.

Just go over our recent posting history and i'm quite sure my question will not seem that big of a deal anymore... There is zero making fun in it. If anything him saying "Yes" would make me a bit more understanding. You'll have to agree that taking an obvious troll post as if it were 100% serious is a bit weird for someone who hasn't exactly been around since yesterday.

Besides, i actively try to avoid arguments with this guy or rather literally 100% ignore him outside of a certain setting and even there i usually do little more than tell him to get lost. Maybe, just very maybe, he could return the favor and stay out of my way too... but for whatever reason it doesn't click with him that we are way beyond any possibility for some friendly chitchat and he keeps coming at me again and again and again...

@CacheGenie said:

@Maounique said:

Why? I have the displeasure of knowing quite a bit about this guy, who likes to go after my nationality and shit like that, by now and my question is 100% serious. I don't know what would be offensive about asking someone if they have a mental problem that hinders their ability to understand certain types of communication. There is zero making fun in what i wrote.

Well judging by your previous comments, you have a history of using hateful language. So this does not appear to be your first time.

• @CacheGenie said: Well judging by your previous comments, you have a history of using hateful language. So this does not appear to be your first time.

As a CDN and DNS provider, it's quite interesting that you still use Cloudflare for that purpose...

@sillycat said:

@CacheGenie said: Well judging by your previous comments, you have a history of using hateful language. So this does not appear to be your first time.

As a CDN and DNS provider, it's quite interesting that you still use Cloudflare for that purpose...

I'll reach out to you via DM if you want to discuss it, the purpose of my post was not to 'advertise' my business.

• edited February 24

@CacheGenie said:

@CacheGenie said:

@Maounique said:

Why? I have the displeasure of knowing quite a bit about this guy, who likes to go after my nationality and shit like that, by now and my question is 100% serious. I don't know what would be offensive about asking someone if they have a mental problem that hinders their ability to understand certain types of communication. There is zero making fun in what i wrote.

Well judging by your previous comments, you have a history of using hateful language. So this does not appear to be your first time.

Well, yeah, i don't subscribe to the cult of language sanitization, so if that's what you are accusing me of i'm 100% guilty and if me using terms like retarded garbage offends you, i'm awfully sorry.

That doesn't change the fact that i have quite a history with this guy that gives me a plausible reason to ask the question you initially took offense in. Our most recent run in being him calling me a racist over having (once again...) told him to get lost (after once more coming at me with something that even just going by the first sentence was obvious nonsense) by stating that his posts could have been written by a monkey with a stolen keyboard, because to him monkey is obvious to refer to black person... and when that backfired (i mean, seriously, making such an association is telling what about exactly whom after all...) he went on to take stabs at me in nazi jargon because he knows i'm German. Just classy, so please excuse if i'm a bit short on patience or don't bring out my Sunday church vocabulary for him...

Oh, by the way those pissed off responses where to him accusing (well, actually not really he simply stated it as fact...) me of being happy about random people dying (something he writes whole essays on rationalizing other people making such statements) and once more leveling nazi shit at me because, well, he knows where i'm from. All of that on zero basis beyond his wild imagination and that's just the tip of the iceberg...

Do i need to explicitly state that i don't like the guy? In any case i figure it might not be the exactly best constellation to argue for some kind of moral high ground.

Edit: By the way, if there's anything i respect him for it's not running to the mods over some not exactly nice words, just as i don't see a point in wasting their time over some not exactly nice words.

• HaggbossHaggboss Member
    edited February 24

PayPal cancelled.
    Thank you for you no service
    Worst host ever @c1vhosting

I’ve services with @Clouvider @VPSforVPN and @labze

Thanked by 1Svensken
  • ArkasArkas Moderator

@totally_not_banned said: You must be fun at parties. Are you sure you really aren't somewhere on the spectrum?

• edited February 24

@Arkas said:

@totally_not_banned said: You must be fun at parties. Are you sure you really aren't somewhere on the spectrum?

I see, so i figure the all those baseless racism/nazi/whatever accusations against me are also off limits then? After all those aren't even just questions or is this alright with you? Like i've said i actually try to have a bit of an understanding for the guy. Stating shit like him being an "Untermensch" (just google it if you don't know what this means) to me, which is very much a pretty ugly reference to nazi ideology leveled at me because of my nationality, obviously is not about understanding even by the broadest of all possible interpretations.

There is also a constant stream coming from him associating me with right wing parties. At times more or less openly implying that i would be laying the groundwork to start another holocaust. Obviously i don't blame you for not reading the shitfest that is the Ukraine/Russia thread and i fully understand that you won't be able to reverse this but i hope you also understand that after all the vile shit i had to take i happen to be a bit bewildered at the question of being on the spectrum being that much of a big deal as it seems quite arbitrary.

By the way, you probably know this better than i do but just for the record: If i'm not fully mistaken this guy used to be banned for pretty much exactly these political tirades and nonsensical circular arguments that wear down people's patience, which he is again spewing now. Personally i very much prefer civilized respectful discussions and i can also tolerate opposing viewpoints including the resulting disagreements quite well, so i'd respectfully (without any implied sarcasm) ask you to take into consideration who is the party dragging the discussion to such toxic poop flinging levels. I'd never argue that i'm an overly nice person when someone tries to bullshit me but at least i don't pointlessly invoke nazis and the holocaust or go after peoples nationalities.

On the contrary i take offense in people cheering the death (or the defense of such cheering) of some random persons, which froze because of their heating breaking down, for the sole reason of them residing in the wrong country. In relation to which "are you sure you aren't somewhere on the spectrum?" seems a bit pale, doesn't it?

• ArkasArkas Moderator

@totally_not_banned said: I see, so i figure the all those baseless racism/nazi/whatever accusations against me are also off limits then?

Please point them to me and I'll take action immediately.

• edited February 24

@Arkas said:

@totally_not_banned said: I see, so i figure the all those baseless racism/nazi/whatever accusations against me are also off limits then?

Please point them to me and I'll take action immediately.

Well, even if the latest installment would be pretty easy to dig up (the aforementioned monkey/Untermensch incident is just a couple pages back in the Ukraine/Russia thread - so if anyone feels the need to check what i'm saying suit yourself) i'll just take your word for that you would act. To me that's about the same as it actually happening. I gain nothing from getting him a warning or whatever (even if it would shut him up it's not going to change his mind anyways, so what's the point in forcing him to censor himself?) and i figure we both have better things to do than revisiting silly internet feuds.

I appreciate you letting me vent a bit and i appreciate your effort in relation to being impartial and just. As far as i'm concerned it's all good. If it somehow makes people feel better knowing that i got reprimanded for my remark, they shall have it - whatever it is they gain from this making it worth their time. As i've heard, stuff like this occasionally happens on the internet ;)

• ArkasArkas Moderator

@c1vhosting - Provider tag removed by decision of admins/mods

• host_chost_c Member, Patron Provider

• LeviLevi Member

@Arkas said:

His advertisement threads should be closed with clear warning for readers.

• @host_c said:

Are you afraid of being next? :-)

• @Arkas said:

@Levi said:

@Arkas said:

His advertisement threads should be closed with clear warning for readers.

I agree. Continues to respond to all requests including going as far as to send direct offers in PM (unrealistic ones at under fifty percent of market value).

• Oh my...

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited February 24

Wow, that escalated quickly...

First of all, I am not easily offended, I have been called worse names including in this forum, even called a pedophile by someone who is in jail now for raping kids, it is sad, but it doesn't touch me.

I like history and I can draw parallels with similar situations in the past when hate and violence were the norm and I consider he was pretty civilized given the rise of populism and all the hate that is encouraging. The coup attempt was even less than the beer hall putsch, so we are not yet at the point where the SA-equivalents would be parading through the streets beating and intimidating "Untermensch" and/or "enemies of the people".

Back to the issue at hand, that I consider also an exaggeration.
    Come on, we all know that is a bad host, a community notice might have sufficed, I even consider these threads are enough for that, I didn't expect stellar service, I have 80+ st at times and I dont complain. I know overselling cant be fixed at this price, but I did expect the panel to work and the images to offer more choice, but I can manage even in these conditions.

I collect garbage services for fun, who is using an 82 cents/month service in production needs to have their head checked in all cases in which it doesn't come from a well-established and known provider with a history of stability and performance.

Thanked by 3remy listerine90 host_c
  • Honestly, the fact that he was unwilling to remove VAT for non-EU customers and justified his stance with a bunch of nonsense excuses was the main red flag for me. Everything else that followed was just the icing on the cake.

I hope he got a pro-rated refund for however much he spent on his tag though.

• HaggbossHaggboss Member
    edited February 25

@Maounique said:

First of all, I am not easily offended, I have been called worse names including in this forum, even called a pedophile by someone who is in jail now for raping kids, it is sad, but it doesn't touch me.

I like history and I can draw parallels with similar situations in the past when hate and violence were the norm and I consider he was pretty civilized given the rise of populism and all the hate that is encouraging. The coup attempt was even less than the beer hall putsch, so we are not yet at the point where the SA-equivalents would be parading through the streets beating and intimidating "Untermensch" and/or "enemies of the people".

Come on, we all know that is a bad host, a community notice might have sufficed, I even consider these threads are enough for that, I didn't expect stellar service, I have 80+ st at times and I dont complain. I know overselling cant be fixed at this price, but I did expect the panel to work and the images to offer more choice, but I can manage even in these conditions.

I collect garbage services for fun, who is using an 82 cents/month service in production needs to have their head checked in all cases in which it doesn't come from a well-established and known provider with a history of stability and performance.

Well, maybe it will be nice if he can change something about his business's

For example the other day I buy a vps from @Cam Florida 1 year <10 usd and the deploy was quickly

With @c1vhosting too many days to deploy, He says it’s already fix it, but I don’t want to try anymore, doesn’t have tickets system, very difficult to cancel.

I hope one day you can do a better provider and @Arkas bring you back your tag

selling cheap does not mean offering bad service

Sure in the future I’ll grab one vps for vpn with WireGuard ;)

Oblivious English is my 2nd language

Cheers

Thanked by 2Maounique Cam
  • C1V definitely jumped the gun too prematurely by offering his services without ironing everything out (having just 2 iso templates for example). In other words, he was flying this airplane while simultaneously building it. I do hope he can iron out his problems and return as a provider since there is definitely a market for people who need something extremely cheap without needing 99.99% uptime.

Thanked by 1Svensken
  • davidedavide Member
    edited February 25

It's a pity, those 12€/year VPSes were LET specials and aren't offered on c1vhosting.it. They are gone for now.

@Haggboss said: Oblivious English is my 2nd language

we all get that :P

• @davide said:
    It's a pity, those 12€/year VPSes were LET specials and aren't offered on c1vhosting.it.

We will not miss it

• @Arkas said:

I am curious to what lead to the removal of the provider tag. LET is pretty lenient over stuff like these so @c1vhosting might have done much more underneath the surface.

It's all speculation of course, but I am glad that this provider is no longer selling in this forum.

• listerine90listerine90 Member
    edited February 25

@Maounique said:

I understand that cheap =/= bad, I've dealt with actual providers that sells cheap stuff for really good price. But it is also understandable that they cannot always be reliable 99% of the time. In C1V's case he is an example of a cheap provider and a bad one. The reputation of cheap providers is tainted because it is easy for almost anyone to become a cheap provider, this leads to an overinflated market on the bottom of the barrel leading to some people compromising reliability for availability and or scamming people for a quick buck. That is why it is extremely hard to find cheap and good providers, they get sold out quick and often get overshadowed by the bad ones.

Thanked by 1Svensken
  • LeviLevi Member

@listerine90 said:
    I understand that cheap =/= bad, I've dealt with actual providers that sells cheap stuff for really good price. But it is also understandable that they cannot always be reliable 99% of the time. In C1V's case he is an example of a cheap provider and a bad one. The reputation of cheap providers is tainted because it is easy for almost anyone to become a cheap provider, this leads to an overinflated market on the bottom of the barrel leading to some people compromising reliability for availability and or scamming people for a quick buck. That is why it is extremely hard to find cheap and good providers, they get sold out quick and often get overshadowed by the bad ones.

What are you trying to do here? The horse is dead, chargeback and move along.

• @Levi said:
    What are you trying to do here? The horse is dead, chargeback and move along.

I seem to have forgotten to quote @Maounique

edited February 25

@listerine90 said: I seem to have forgotten to quote @Maounique

We can have cheap and reliable, but not at this kind of cheap.
    The reliability is not a problem here, though, the fact that it was broken from the get go is.
    That being said, personally, I have adapted and now, after it settled a little, 80% steal is no longer that common, so, for 82 cents, I have a working VM:

top - 11:23:01 up 2 days,  2:16,  2 users,  load average: 0.04, 0.08, 0.11
    Tasks:  97 total,   1 running,  96 sleeping,   0 stopped,   0 zombie
    %Cpu(s):  0.0 us,  1.0 sy,  6.9 ni, 87.9 id,  0.0 wa,  0.0 hi,  0.3 si,  3.9 st
    MiB Mem :   1919.2 total,    122.3 free,    803.2 used,   1227.9 buff/cache
    MiB Swap:      0.0 total,      0.0 free,      0.0 used.   1116.0 avail Mem

I'd say it's worth it for as long as it works.

Thanked by 1listerine90