Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

IPv6VM.com - Cheap IPv6-only VPS - Starting from €1/mo - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

IPv6VM.com - Cheap IPv6-only VPS - Starting from €1/mo

Comments

• dev_vpsdev_vps Member
    edited February 7

@jenkki said:

@dev_vps said: non-EU residents can be charged EU VAT (Value Added Tax) under certain circumstances, such as when they purchase goods or services from EU-based businesses.

You can make up whatever rules you want on paper for yourself. It's about the honor and dignity of a particular person.

and guess what, @jenkki , if I buy digital good on behalf of a registered business (outside EU), then EU VAT does not apply.

NetCup is one example who do not charge VAT, if proper documentation is submitted. otherwise NetCup charges VAT.

Tax laws and Immigration laws are more complex than Calculus.

@jenkki said:

Many providers don't charge tax if you specify a country outside the EU when registering. So they do it for other reasons.

Can you share even one reputed provider who does not charge EU VAT for USA customers? Until you can share, keep your mouth shut

• @jenkki said:

You can't sell on the international market while taking taxes intended for sale within your own country. That's illegal. Those who do it are violating global rules.

Kindly share reference for such so called global rule (or law).

• @dev_vps said:

@jenkki said:

@dev_vps said: non-EU residents can be charged EU VAT (Value Added Tax) under certain circumstances, such as when they purchase goods or services from EU-based businesses.

You can make up whatever rules you want on paper for yourself. It's about the honor and dignity of a particular person.

and guess what, @jenkki , if I buy digital good on behalf of a registered business (outside EU), then EU VAT does not apply.

NetCup is one example who do not charge VAT, if proper documentation is submitted. otherwise NetCup charges VAT.

@jenkki said:

Many providers don't charge tax if you specify a country outside the EU when registering. So they do it for other reasons.

Can you share even one reputed provider who does not charge EU VAT for USA customers? Until you can share, keep your mouth shut

Hetzner / OVH comes to mind

• sh97sh97 Member

@dev_vps I've seen LE hosts like Naranja, Server Factory etc not charge VAT for customers outside EU.
    Hetzner does the same as well.

• _MS__MS_ Member

@dev_vps said:

@jenkki said:

@jenkki said:

I remember from a thread at LES that @naranjatech (a Spanish provider), whom I consider to be a "reputed provider", and have an accountant as well unless many other low-end providers here, doesn't charge VAT from users outside of EU.

Thanked by 1jenkki
  • @dev_vps said: Kindly share reference for such so called global rule (or law).

Russia, CIS and other non-EU countries don't take any online sales taxes at all. Only the actual goods sold within the country can be taxed. Such questions as who pays and who doesn't don't arise at all.

Do you think it is normal that some American companies want to tax European customers?Then they talking about we don't depend on big brother?

Thanked by 1Pixels
  • @MS said: many other low-end providers here, doesn't charge VAT from users outside of EU.

That true.

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@dev_vps said:

@jenkki said:

EU providers we used that do not charge VAT:

• ServerFactory (Germany)
    • HostBrr (Denmark)
    • Scaleway (France)
    Thanked by 2DP PineappleM
  • DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@yoursunny said:

@dev_vps said:

@jenkki said:

• HostBrr (Denmark)
    • Scaleway (France)

Prem LiteServer also doesn't charge VAT for non-EU customers.

Thanked by 1LiteServer
  • MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited February 7

@c1vhosting said:
    DM with the needed ISO

I don't need a custom ISO, just the plain debian one would be enough. It is still not working:

• @Maounique said:

@c1vhosting said:
    DM with the needed ISO

I don't need a custom ISO, just the plain debian one would be enough. It is still not working:

Write to the support. They will attach the ISO you want. I think that custom ISO is intended as any ISO you may want.

Thanked by 1c1vhosting
  • @dev_vps said: and guess what, @jenkki , if I buy digital good on behalf of a registered business (outside EU), then EU VAT does not apply.

that's how it works even for us

Thanked by 1host_c
  • @Maounique said:

@c1vhosting said:
    DM with the needed ISO

DM or write us with your service id and the required ISO - we'll mount the CD

edited February 7

@c1vhosting said: DM or write us with your service id and the required ISO - we'll mount the CD

You do not understand. The CD is already in the list, I don't need anything special, just make it work so I can mount the ISOs already available.

@alciregi said: Write to the support. They will attach the ISO you want. I think that custom ISO is intended as any ISO you may want.

Now I don't understand. The CD I want is already in the list of available ones. I never wanted a custom one, just to mount one of the available ISOs.

• @Maounique said: Now I don't understand.

That's easy.

CD-ROM is old technology, it does not work on IPv6 only >:)

Thanked by 1shruub
  • @Maounique said:

@c1vhosting said: DM or write us with your service id and the required ISO - we'll mount the CD

You do not understand. The CD is already in the list, I don't need anything special, just make it work so I can mount the ISOs already available.

@alciregi said: Write to the support. They will attach the ISO you want. I think that custom ISO is intended as any ISO you may want.

Now I don't understand. The CD I want is already in the list of available ones. I never wanted a custom one, just to mount one of the available ISOs.

Yes. But as you can see it doesn't work (probably some misconfiguration or deliberate choice with whmcs).
    So, contact the support and they will mount the iso (the ones in the list, or whatever) for you.

Thanked by 1c1vhosting

@alciregi said: So, contact the support and they will mount the iso (the ones in the list, or whatever) for you.

lol, I hope that is not how it works, if it were, then there would be no images listed.

• dev_vpsdev_vps Member
    edited February 7

@yoursunny said:

@dev_vps said:

@jenkki said:

• HostBrr (Denmark)
    • Scaleway (France)

Thanks, @yoursunny and @DP
    I am going to pass this information to my batch mate who deals in international taxation.

Hetzner charges tax to me. So I would be eager what is legal position on this. If I recall correctly, the tax charged or not by Hetzner varies for different US states

Florida residents do not pay tax. Texas residents do.

• What does it means 200 units, 20% assignment for 1vCore?

ISO install still not working and there are still only 2 images, debian 12 and ubuntu.
    Any ETA for a fix?

Thanked by 1linuxglobe
  • FatGrizzlyFatGrizzly Member, Host Rep
    edited February 8

Hmm.
    glws
    @yoursunny I dare you to run a blog on a c1v machine with only ipv6 AAAA record.

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@FatGrizzly said:
    Hmm.
    glws
    @yoursunny I dare you to run a blog on a c1v machine with only ipv6 AAAA record.

yoursunny blog is on GreenCloudVPS Tokyo.
    If you want me to move to C1V, buy my service transfers:

… so I have money to pay the scammer for their very slow machines.

Thanked by 1c1vhosting
  • FatGrizzlyFatGrizzly Member, Host Rep
    edited February 8

@yoursunny said:

@FatGrizzly said:
    Hmm.
    glws

yoursunny blog is on GreenCloudVPS Tokyo.
    If you want me to move to C1V, buy my service transfers:

… so I have money to pay the scammer for their very slow machines.

I'm too broke for your transfers, I prefer my chickens from US, specially from a red chicken provider
    or atleast make it v6 only.

• Very poor servcie, only 2 images, after 10 hours of mail not receive any reply, so. ... Next case, I will be more carefully such companies! I will close my service!

Thanked by 2c1vhosting JasonM
  • @Maounique said:
    ISO install still not working and there are still only 2 images, debian 12 and ubuntu.
    Any ETA for a fix?

Please DM with your service id or contact us to mount the ISO.

• @linuxglobe said:
    Very poor servcie, only 2 images, after 10 hours of mail not receive any reply, so. ... Next case, I will be more carefully such companies! I will close my service!

Anything you need, we can help you.
    Did you receive the automatic answer? If so, ticket is being processed

• @JasonM said:
    What does it means 200 units, 20% assignment for 1vCore?

Basically 1/5 of one Core.

• emghemgh Member

@Maounique said: For example, on OVH KS site I am VAT exempt. On the regular .ie site I am not. Gave them everything they wanted, they insist to translate the incorporation papers, I won't be doing that because I have the KS for now, i simply gave up buying anything on the other site, my hope is that the KS accounts would be moved some day and I would keep my VAT exempted status.

Really? I just used my VAT number, zero issues.

• @c1vhosting Unfortunately, I haven't received any emails.

@c1vhosting said: Please DM with your service id or contact us to mount the ISO.

That is not satisfactory. I will not contact you each time I need to reinstall, please fix the panel.