Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

UK & USA StackCP (20i) Christmas Offer - Lifetime Account - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

UK & USA StackCP (20i) Christmas Offer - Lifetime Account

Comments

• xHostsxHosts Member, Patron Provider

Complicated, the same place you make a order, it has a link "Contact us" and for some magic reason that allows you to make contact.

How is that complicated unless you are simply incapable or looking for a reason to complain about nothing?

• bermudibermudi Member
    edited January 9

Please kindly refund. You are clearly glad to keep the money and the order as "pending" for days a week+ but for some reason it is on me to wake you up and get you going.

• @JustHost said:

@Asim said:
    @JustHost do you allow SSH?

SSH can be setup in the panel

https://docs.20i.com/ssh/connect-ssh-2fa

What can be achieved via SSH that cannot be achieved without it?

@bermudi said:
    Please kindly refund. You are clearly glad to keep the money and the order as "pending" for days a week+ but for some reason it is on me to wake you up and get you going.

Makes a ticket to ask for a refund, within hours runs to PayPal too.

Maybe providers need to be aware of you.

@JosephF said:

@JustHost said:

@Asim said:
    @JustHost do you allow SSH?

SSH can be setup in the panel

https://docs.20i.com/ssh/connect-ssh-2fa

What can be achieved via SSH that cannot be achieved without it?

Some people may use it to wget their files from another provider instead of FTP or importing a sql file, tasks such as that

• mrl22mrl22 Member
    edited January 10

@JosephF said: What can be achieved via SSH that cannot be achieved without it?

WP-Cli, Laravel Artisan, Bolt Nut, NPM, Composer, MySQLDump...

• @JustHost said: Makes a ticket to ask for a refund, within hours runs to PayPal too.

You were here answering the forum. You are here back again. The ticket is still sitting without a response. I'm not the one that keeps fucking up

@bermudi said:

@JustHost said: Makes a ticket to ask for a refund, within hours runs to PayPal too.

You were here answering the forum. You are here back again. The ticket is still sitting without a response. I'm not the one that keeps fucking up

Once you create a dispute, I only post on PayPal.

You created the ticket AFTER I had gone offline, normally after making a ticket you allow at least 24 hours for a provider to reply, not act like a child

• @JustHost said: Once you create a dispute, I only post on PayPal.

You created the ticket AFTER I had gone offline, normally after making a ticket you allow at least 24 hours for a provider to reply, not act like a child

You were here acting like a child fighting with me so I thought going to paypal was warranted

• mrl22mrl22 Member
    edited January 10

@bermudi said: Once you create a dispute, I only post on PayPal.

Why are you commenting here then? This back-and-forth between you and @bermudi just makes you look unprofessional.

All it would have took at the beginning was to reply to @bermudi "I am sorry for the confusion, the pending order must have been missed. Let's open a ticket to get this resolved.". Instead, it's been a back-and-forth blame game about who's responsibility it is to open a ticket first if an order is sat as pending.

Weren't you here last week complaining about another customer?

• @JustHost said: at least 24 hours

And I gave you 5+ days to communicate there was a problem with the order after you took the money and you sat there with the money happily doing nothing and when I complain you start blaming it on me.

@bermudi said:

@JustHost said: at least 24 hours

And I gave you 5+ days to communicate there was a problem with the order after you took the money and you sat there with the money happily doing nothing and when I complain you start blaming it on me.

Do you know how many people place orders for this service and do not complete the payment?

Would it not be normal practice to make a ticket and say hey, my account has not activated can you please check and include a copy of the payment ID ?

Seems someone likes to cry on a forum for attention.

@mrl22 said:

@bermudi said: Once you create a dispute, I only post on PayPal.

Why are you commenting here then? This back-and-forth between you and @bermudi just makes you look unprofessional.

All it would have took at the beginning was to reply to @bermudi "I am sorry for the confusion, the pending order must have been missed. Let's open a ticket to get this resolved.". Instead, it's been a back-and-forth blame game about who's responsibility it is to open a ticket first if an order is sat as pending.

Weren't you here last week complaining about another customer?

Because I am not allowing someone to post wrong information and act like I do not reply to their contact. I pointed out they made no contact directly, just try and post on the thread for drama.

• This is the most unprofessional provider I had the displeasure of buying from, and by a long shot.

My account has now been blocked and I can't even read or create support tickets.

This account has been limited.

Please open a ticket for more information on how to remove this restriction.

Reason: PayPal Disputes

Of course, I do not recommend.

• mrl22mrl22 Member
    edited January 10

@JustHost said: Because I am not allowing someone to post wrong information and act like I do not reply to their contact. I pointed out they made no contact directly, just try and post on the thread for drama.

You have so much to learn. I don't even know where to begin...

Thanked by 1bermudi
  • @JustHost said: post wrong information

If you think I posted wrong information you need your head checked, I asked here because I mentioned my order number here before. Perhaps I should have opened a ticket before but blaming me is just fucking ridiculous

@bermudi said:

@JustHost said: post wrong information

If you think I posted wrong information you need your head checked, I asked here because I mentioned my order number here before. Perhaps I should have opened a ticket before but blaming me is just fucking ridiculous

You have your refund. Info added to fraud record too.

Thanked by 1the_doctor
  • @JustHost said: You have your refund. Info added to fraud record too.

lmao ok dude... please delete my account and all my info

• Take it easy guys. Was your order marked as fraud? @bermudi

• @gdnotme said: Take it easy guys. Was your order marked as fraud? @bermudi

Wouldn't know where to check. In Paypal I have a refund but that's all it says

@bermudi said:

@JustHost said: You have your refund. Info added to fraud record too.

lmao ok dude... please delete my account and all my info

Your data will be removed in line with GDPR processing, this can be held inline with the payment processor you used for transaction and account history because you have already proved you will open disputes, there is always the question you could possibly dispute direct with a card issuer too although you have been refunded PayPal would still seek any information we hold even when they can show the transaction has already been refunded.

PayPal is 180 days.

• @JustHost said: Info added to fraud record too.

Can you please clarify this threat? Where was I reported and how do I challenge this obviously spurious allegation?

You are unbelievably petty, I gained no benefit from this alleged fraud. For you to report fraudulent charges you need to report you did in fact provide the service, I imagine. You are saying I had no right to ask for a refund even though no service was ever provided to me.

Can we get the mods involved here?

@bermudi said:

@JustHost said: Info added to fraud record too.

Can you please clarify this threat? Where was I reported and how do I challenge this obviously spurious allegation?

You are unbelievably petty, I gained no benefit from this alleged fraud. For you to report fraudulent charges you need to report you did in fact provide the service, I imagine. You are saying I had no right to ask for a refund even though no service was ever provided to me.

Can we get the mods involved here?

You say "petty" yet you do not make contact with a provider to advise you did not receive your account information
    You post publicly even before sending a DM
    You finally send a ticket to allow me to find your order and account to look at the issue
    You then within about 2 hours create a dispute on Paypal (some people do sleep you know)
    Your posts resort to abusive and explicit language rather than remaining calm and professional to seek a suitable resolution to the issues

Now you continue to complain, you have your refund and other providers will simply beware of how you conduct yourself in the event of a TINY issue and how you react if you do not receive a instant reply to your ticket.

Can you please clarify this threat? There is no threat, this is clearly stated under the disputes section of our terms of service

"We may share payment information to online fraud prevention databases, this information may be but is not limited to name, address, telephone number, email address, company name if applicable, and PayPal email address if applicable."

You ticked the box to agree to these during your order, you created a dispute before allowing even 1 day for a reply, that is not my fault that you created a dispute and I follow my own terms of service.

• Holy balls so much drama for a fucking ticket.
    If provider relies on automation (like... everyone except Calin) and something somewhere went wrong with his (or 3rd party) software you don't really expect provider to daily investigate every order, see if it was paid, see if it was marked paid, see if it was deployed etc? You just open a ticket asking what's up, end of story.

Provider could also be more (polite is wrong word, he wasn't straight out rude) accommodating and just go "Hey, we will double check this for you, please open ticket so I can identify your account" and even if user goes around him use the same phrase... and this would be end of story.

• SmirSmir Member

I recently moved away from 20i, the constant bot checks and FTP IP locks were just a nightmare, download speeds were so bad at times getting <600kbs , I just setup a VPS with Cloudpanel. Still had 28 days left but enough was enough.

It looks like it's been ok for you though. I guess it's not been much of a problem for you, just basic usage you've been using it for?

@JabJab said:
    Holy balls so much drama for a fucking ticket.
    If provider relies on automation (like... everyone except Calin) and something somewhere went wrong with his (or 3rd party) software you don't really expect provider to daily investigate every order, see if it was paid, see if it was marked paid, see if it was deployed etc? You just open a ticket asking what's up, end of story.

Provider could also be more (polite is wrong word, he wasn't straight out rude) accommodating and just go "Hey, we will double check this for you, please open ticket so I can identify your account" and even if user goes around him use the same phrase... and this would be end of story.

Yeh, I do not manually check every order, so many start orders and never finish them and are auto cancelled after a few days.

Most people if something does not arrive within a day or so will drop a ticket or DM to simply say hey, this is my order/invoice number but has not arrived, can you check but this dude seem to want drama on LET and PayPal, because he did not get a reply to a ticket within 2 hours started a dispute which really, give a provider a day to reply to the ticket and resolve things before running to PayPal to cry

• mrl22mrl22 Member
    edited January 10

@JabJab said: If provider relies on automation (like... everyone except Calin) and something somewhere went wrong with his (or 3rd party) software you don't really expect provider to daily investigate every order, see if it was paid, see if it was marked paid, see if it was deployed etc? You just open a ticket asking what's up, end of story.

I see this the other way. I am constantly checking the order status panel (Pending orders) as automated services doesn't work 100% of the time. Yes opening a ticket helps, but from what I see, @bermudi replied to @JustHost as he was on here replying to others.

• Complete surprise as John Ellison is providing poor service and hostility towards customers under yet another brand name.

What ever happened to: Sapphire Web Services, xhosts.uk, iFast.UK, vps.mr, ddosprotected.co.uk, 4it.bz, rapidhosts.. and those are just the ones from the last 3 years LOL
    Not to mention the Star Services, Own Web, Getwebhosting

Already banned from LET and WHT under different aliases, perhaps a Patron Provider tag revocation and ban for evasion wouldn't go amiss.

It is impressive how one can remain a bit of a plonker for such a long amount of time.
    https://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=643722
    https://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=599835

Disliked by many upstream providers, particularly for incredibly rude and hostile behaviour.. constant overdue bills and debt with incredibly creative excuses, with some even leaving reports on that popular anti-fraud site

Provider A: public threats - "Threatened to leave negative reviews because of denied orders due to a history of chargebacks. Avoid!"

Provider B: staff abuse - "As of 16/05/17 this customer is now trying to cover up his past by issuing legal threats to those on FraudRecord who have black flagged him for his previous fraudulent misconduct."
    and "Client ordered 2 servers over the space of a few days and then reversed payment. Client continued to utilise the services and ignored any/all correspondence from us until service was suspended and potential legal action for fraud was mentioned due to ignored tickets/emails/phone calls (at which point he got hostile)."
    n
    Provider C: "chargeback"

Current company accounts are overdue, will they be submitted or will this company be closed down and a new one created?

https://i.ibb.co/YbJR2j0/Tosser.png

Review Sites:
    https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/vps.mr

If you've been impacted by John Ellison or one of his previous attempts at a hosting company whether a customer, or provider, feel free to make your feelings known.

@mrl22 said:

@JabJab said: If provider relies on automation (like... everyone except Calin) and something somewhere went wrong with his (or 3rd party) software you don't really expect provider to daily investigate every order, see if it was paid, see if it was marked paid, see if it was deployed etc? You just open a ticket asking what's up, end of story.

I see this the other way. I am constantly checking the order status panel (Pending orders) as automated services doesn't work 100% of the time. Yes opening a ticket helps, but from what I see, @bermudi replied to @JustHost as he was on here replying to others.

Here is the timeline of events

bermudi posted here
    I asked them to create a ticket, they posted moaning here rather than making a ticket while I was still online
    I went to sleep (still no ticket)
    Wake up there is a ticket
    There is a paypal dispute

I close case on paypal with refund
    I close there account to stop tickets and new orders
    I add to fraud record to warn other providers

That is the order of events

• @mrl22 said: but from what I see, @bermudi replied to @JustHost as he was on here replying to others.

Exactly, and this MF gets all riled up because I had the gall of posting here. I see it as common sense, if you already charged the customer, the ball is on your side and you should be on top of your own shit. Had him responded with a simple "Sorry, didn't notice your order hadn't been processed" nothing would have happened. But his immediate reaction was unhinged and he started blaming me for the lack of service.

• @JustHost said: this dude seem to want drama on LET

I'm happy to follow you lead. B)