Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Alternative to Mxroute - Ideally with white-label capability. - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Alternative to Mxroute - Ideally with white-label capability.

Comments

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@raindog308 said:
    We've featured MangoMail a couple times on LEB.

I have not personally used them.

The pricing is unlimited addresses/domains, but limits on how many emails sent/received per day, so not for everyone.

We've talked a bit, seem like great people.

• JosephFJosephF Member
    edited December 2023

Does MXRoute feature subdomain addressing (similarly to plus addressing)?

@josephf said:

You can add subdomains just as you would a regular domain, if that's what you mean. It wouldn't have any similarity to plus addressing.

• anyone know IP of Mango Mail ?

• @tsoft said:
    anyone know IP of Mango Mail ?

• Just want to say MXRoute is an exceptional service with a capable creator. Mango Mail has one of the easiest UX a mail service can offer. We focus on making things as easy as possible for users who either have never done mail before or just want to avoid the headache.

We also provide subdomain addressing, plus addressing, aliases, and now (after so many requests) catchalls

Thanked by 2jar bikegremlin
  • Daniel15Daniel15 Veteran
    edited December 2023

@shileno said: ideally, it should be white-label

MXRoute was trying to white-label using the mxlogin domain, but I'm not sure what happened with that. A google search for "mxlogin" shows MXRoute in the first few results, so it's not really whitelabelled.

You can customize CrossBox email to have your own logo and colours at your own domain, which gives you a pretty decent whitelabelling experience. You just need to create an admin@ account then log in to it in Crossbox and you'll see a section for it.

Thanked by 1nick_

@svjx said: one of the easiest UX

I haven't been able to sit down and spend much time with it, but it looks beautiful: https://files.freesocial.co/f.php?h=3O5Hi9eu&p=1

• @jar said:

@josephf said:

You can add subdomains just as you would a regular domain, if that's what you mean. It wouldn't have any similarity to plus addressing.

I was hoping for something like where [email protected] could receive any mail addressed to [email protected]

• @svjx said:

FranTech
    58,112 ips
    1,944 detected send mail
    21 spammers
    -16,513/1,944 = -8.5 score per IP

But considering you only receive mail - ok.
    UI is great. Will definitely try.

• @tsoft said:

@svjx said:

FranTech
    58,112 ips
    1,944 detected send mail
    21 spammers
    -16,513/1,944 = -8.5 score per IP

But considering you only receive mail - ok.
    UI is great. Will definitely try.

Appreciate the kind words, just curious where do you get the -8.5 score from?

Here's our mxtoolbox: https://mxtoolbox.com/SuperTool.aspx?action=blacklist:smtp.mymangomail.com&run=toolpage

(fyi UCEPROTECTL3 is a known scam)

Thanked by 1tsoft
  • febryanvaldofebryanvaldo Member
    edited December 2023

@neverain said: purelymail.com ?

He wants to resell it, i don't think Purelymail could do that.

@josephf said: How does PurelyMail and Migadu compare to MXRoute, overall?

Purelymail much more simple UX, and it has 2 pricing, fixed $10 a year (with some limitations) and Pay as You Go. I don't know about Migadu.

• tsofttsoft Member
    edited December 2023

@svjx said:

Here's our mxtoolbox: https://mxtoolbox.com/SuperTool.aspx?action=blacklist:smtp.mymangomail.com&run=toolpage

Internal stats + reputation of IPs across different mail providers.

Updated stats
    frantech
    2,014 ips send mail (detected)
    209 owned by known spammers
    -18710/2014= -9.2 (for comparison DO is -25, see link below)

It is ok. 300 mails per hour will be ok.
    Sometimes may go to gmail / ms spam without a reason.

Here is a chart:
    https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3813397/#Comment_3813397
    https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/191031/save-big-on-london-vps-with-justvps-up-to-70-off-promo-code-inside#latest

UCE collects stats from one provider... they just sniffing other's work. But yes, delisting for money is fraud.

Your UI is excellent. I will need to host 200+ domains soon for receiving mail only, will try :D

• @tsoft said:

@svjx said:

Internal stats + reputation of IPs across different mail providers.

Updated stats
    frantech
    2,014 ips send mail (detected)
    209 owned by known spammers
    -18710/2014= -9.2

It is ok. 300 mails per hour will be ok.
    Sometimes may go to gmail / ms spam without a reason.

Here is a chart:
    https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3813397/#Comment_3813397
    https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/191031/save-big-on-london-vps-with-justvps-up-to-70-off-promo-code-inside#latest

UCE collects stats from one provider... they just sniffing other's work. But yes, delisting for money is fraud.

Your UI is excellent. I will need to host 200+ domains soon for receiving mail only, will try :D

We'd be glad to have you!

Thanked by 1tsoft
  • tsofttsoft Member
    edited December 2023

for mxroute

5 top performant ips

5 least performant ips

But still reputation of every IP is positive. So high chances of inboxing.

will add more metrics soon
    maybe will publish the full list of providers in the world by email performance :D

• @svjx said:
    Just want to say MXRoute is an exceptional service with a capable creator. Mango Mail has one of the easiest UX a mail service can offer. We focus on making things as easy as possible for users who either have never done mail before or just want to avoid the headache.

We also provide subdomain addressing, plus addressing, aliases, and now (after so many requests) catchalls

Apologies for hijacking the thread but I'm really curious about plans that limit received mails (Mango Mail and Migadu for instance).

Wouldn't this be a pain if an email address hosted on your service gets trolled (either by some lowlife bombs you with tons of emails a day, or someone signs you up for a lot of newsletters) - that would quickly fill up the receive quota.

I get the sending quota, but not this one. I may be overthinking though.

Thanked by 1bikegremlin
  • JamesFJamesF Member, Host Rep

I purchased mxroute sometime ago, it works, they have had issues with the Lucy server, maybe ride out the storm. ☔️ I have faith it will improve for you.

If your desperate to change some accounts, spread them around, look at normal reseller hosting with MailChannels or SpamExperts, but also look at there limits for example we have a reseller with buyshared, but had issues with forwards.

Thanked by 2jar bikegremlin
  • @loay said:

@CalmDown said:
    Self host (mailcow) + Amazon SES

Amazon WorkMail for 4$ per user per month with 50GB storage limit per user. Sorry not for reselling and out of OP budget.

MX Route is not completly white label.

• I run all my email through a reseller account on RackNerd. It has "MailChannels Hybrid – Premium Email Delivery". I've been doing this for two years now and it has been great. It's allowed me to go back to using my domain email addresses instead of being forced to use GMAIL and Outlook to make sure everything gets through. I don't have all the websites for the various domains hosted on that account. I set up the DNS on Cloudflare.

Thanked by 1darkimmortal
  • ehhthingehhthing Member
    edited December 2023

I think in general email systems should use some kind of replication system to prevent these kinds of failures -- and unless you're competent at managing MySQL replication (which doesn't really scale too well for larger systems) you're probably better with a managed system rather than self-hosting.

I would however expect that a service like MXRoute use replication (with e.g. GlusterFS) rather than just backups + RAID since just having backups + RAID does not prevent downtime. I do hope that @jar will implement this in the future, although I suspect that it might be too expensive for MXRoute to be able to do sustainably.

Thanked by 1RFord
  • emghemgh Member
    edited December 2023

@RFord said:
    I run

Same but with RamNode. But the end result is the same.

Positive experience.

Edit: Maybe not the same? What does hybrid mean in this sense?

Edit 2: It means they route some email to MailChannels and some they don’t. I think RamNode use it for everything.

Thanked by 1RFord
  • @svjx we mostly send internal mails

i.e from [email protected] to [email protected] and so on.... do those also count towards out,in/day limit?

thanks.

• @josephf said:

@jar said:

@josephf said:

I was hoping for something like where [email protected] could receive any mail addressed to [email protected]

That's a great idea. I might do the same thing myself.
    You can add the subdomain as normal then turn on catch-all email and point it to user@domain address.

Thanked by 1JosephF
  • @MannDude said:

@jar said:

@emgh said:
    Next time, probably focus less on who you’re switching from and why

Thread title didn’t have to contain mxroute, and the thread didn’t have to start with mxroute

Jar will absolutely feel the need to explain himself (which obviously is resonable given the thread), and so people with give their 2c on the stability of mxroute, and this is where the focus of the thread will be

I’m very happy if I’m proven wrong :)

It's fine. I'm clearly being attacked by a supernatural entity, there's no hiding it.

Time to get some priests DC access.

Thanked by 1emgh
  • Virmache in action

• @seenu said:
    @svjx we mostly send internal mails

i.e from [email protected] to [email protected] and so on.... do those also count towards out,in/day limit?

thanks.

Anything that actually lands in a mailbox (i.e. known spam doesn't count) counts towards limits. We have to keep limits in check or else unlimited addresses + unchecked limits = unlimited resource usage.

It is worth mentioning that you would have to go well beyond the limits to actually have anything happen (we don't bounce mail just because you went over).

• @definitelyliam said:

@svjx said:
    Just want to say MXRoute is an exceptional service with a capable creator. Mango Mail has one of the easiest UX a mail service can offer. We focus on making things as easy as possible for users who either have never done mail before or just want to avoid the headache.

Apologies for hijacking the thread but I'm really curious about plans that limit received mails (Mango Mail and Migadu for instance).

Wouldn't this be a pain if an email address hosted on your service gets trolled (either by some lowlife bombs you with tons of emails a day, or someone signs you up for a lot of newsletters) - that would quickly fill up the receive quota.

Rates only get counted for messages that actually make it into your mailbox (i.e. a lowlife that is bombing you with countless emails is going to get rejected or at the very least grey listed). If you have an excess of newletters, it is your responsibility to unsubscribe from them as they eat up server resources nonetheless.

That being said, we rarely have customers actually complain about limits. It's much harder to hit them in practice than in theory. As for why companies choose this model, it's important to realize that mail hosts that offer unlimited addresses still have to deal with the overhead that comes with each address. 100 addresses means 100 IMAP sessions, 100 SMTP connections, 100 mailboxes, etc. Limits help keep resource abuse in check, whether it be outbound or inbound.

Thanked by 1definitelyliam
  • @svjx said:

@seenu said:

thanks.

Anything that actually lands in a mailbox (i.e. known spam doesn't count) counts towards limits. We have to keep limits in check or else unlimited addresses + unchecked limits = unlimited resource usage.

It is worth mentioning that you would have to go well beyond the limits to actually have anything happen (we don't bounce mail just because you went over).

How far beyond, specifically? And what happens at that point? An extra billing charge or a technical response?

• @svjx said:

@definitelyliam said:

@svjx said:

Rates only get counted for messages that actually make it into your mailbox (i.e. a lowlife that is bombing you with countless emails is going to get rejected or at the very least grey listed). If you have an excess of newletters, it is your responsibility to unsubscribe from them as they eat up server resources nonetheless.

That being said, we rarely have customers actually complain about limits. It's much harder to hit them in practice than in theory. As for why companies choose this model, it's important to realize that mail hosts that offer unlimited addresses still have to deal with the overhead that comes with each address. 100 addresses means 100 IMAP sessions, 100 SMTP connections, 100 mailboxes, etc. Limits help keep resource abuse in check, whether it be outbound or inbound.

I can't think of any other provider that bills based on the number of incoming emails. Do you know of any others? (I'm not referring to billing based on storage quotas.)

@josephf said:

@svjx said:

@seenu said:

thanks.

How far beyond, specifically? And what happens at that point? An extra billing charge or a technical response?

Keep in mind that even Gsuite will rate limit and block your incoming email if you get flooded too heavily. Happened to me once, just one single bad actor with one single OVH server running a mail command in a bash loop shut down my email account for a week I think it was.

Every system has limits, and it's hard to define them. Attacks vary in shape, size, impact, and execution.

Thanked by 1definitelyliam