Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Alternative to Mxroute - Ideally with white-label capability.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Alternative to Mxroute - Ideally with white-label capability.

I have a reseller plan on Mxroute on the Lucy server, which was down for 3 days at the beginning of the month and has been down for another 12 hours today. I need to find a more stable alternative or at least one that, in the event of a failure (which I understand can happen), can restore service in less time.

I have some clients from small businesses that don't have a budget for something like Google Workspace.

Is there any alternative with a similar or slightly higher price than Mxroute, and ideally, it should be white-label for reselling the service?

Comments

• Self host (mailcow) + Amazon SES

Thanked by 2MikeA SirFoxy
  • Transfer to a more stable server within MXRoute.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@josephf said:
    Transfer to a more stable server within MXRoute.

There is no more stable server. Lucy is a brand new server, the only correlation it has to the one that went down for 3 days is that I restored the same email data to it and it has the same name. It's a perfectly fine ser... and it's down.

Thanked by 1ThracianDog
  • Next time, probably focus less on who you’re switching from and why

Thread title didn’t have to contain mxroute, and the thread didn’t have to start with mxroute

Jar will absolutely feel the need to explain himself (which obviously is resonable given the thread), and so people with give their 2c on the stability of mxroute, and this is where the focus of the thread will be

I’m very happy if I’m proven wrong :)

Thanked by 1bikegremlin

@emgh said:
    Next time, probably focus less on who you’re switching from and why

Thread title didn’t have to contain mxroute, and the thread didn’t have to start with mxroute

Jar will absolutely feel the need to explain himself (which obviously is resonable given the thread), and so people with give their 2c on the stability of mxroute, and this is where the focus of the thread will be

It's fine. I'm clearly being attacked by a supernatural entity, there's no hiding it.

• @jar said:

There is no more stable server. Lucy is a brand new server, the only correlation it has to the one that went down for 3 days is that I restored the same email data to it and it has the same name. It's a perfectly fine ser...

Have you considered using san storage with sas disk? Two devices with redundancy can probably save you from most trouble.

Big disk space and reliability. And big money.

Your prices may change.

Thanked by 1jar
  • @tra10000 said:

@jar said:

There is no more stable server. Lucy is a brand new server, the only correlation it has to the one that went down for 3 days is that I restored the same email data to it and it has the same name. It's a perfectly fine ser...

Have you considered using san storage with sas disk? Two devices with redundancy can probably save you from most trouble.

Big disk space and reliability. And big money.

Your prices may change.

Don’t tempt @jar with another migration.

Thanked by 1jar
  • Just to clarify, I have nothing against Mxroute; it's a good service in terms of its price-to-quality ratio, and I understand that these things can happen. I'm simply looking for an alternative for some of my clients.

Thanked by 2emgh jar
  • @CalmDown said:
    Self host (mailcow) + Amazon SES

Why though?

It’s not resource effective to host email. It needs a lot for what it does with calendrar etc.

It contains important data that you’ll have to have a (probably two) backups for that you’ll have to regularely monitor.

You’ll have to have a plan b in-case something goes to shit, with where and how you’ll migrate everything.

And, you highly limit the benefits (freedom etc) of self-hosting by sending through Amazon anyway (which I guess is kind of needed because of IP reputation)

Tbh emails are just one thing I’ve never seen any point in doing myself.

Where I work we use Mailchannels through Ramnode. Works very good. Noticed sending sometimes is a bit slow, but honestly who cares. It’s been down once, from what I’ve noticed.

@shileno said:
    Just to clarify, I have nothing against Mxroute; it's a good service in terms of its price-to-quality ratio, and I understand that these things can happen. I'm simply looking for an alternative for some of my clients.

Perfectly understandable. Can't say I wouldn't feel the same.

• @jar said:

@shileno said:
    Just to clarify, I have nothing against Mxroute; it's a good service in terms of its price-to-quality ratio, and I understand that these things can happen. I'm simply looking for an alternative for some of my clients.

Perfectly understandable. Can't say I wouldn't feel the same.

That’s the thing with first impressions (first as in QUITE new, not first as in first day)

HostHatch was down for quite some time recently, not sure of the details anymore, but someone on here posted that he’s looking for alternatives, and HH said that the location has been extremely stable for many years and that this is the first issue in a very long time

Thing is, prior uptime dosen’t matter to the feelings of a client, only uptime since they joined counts (in their head)

And I’m not saying that as some super human not affected by feelings, I’ve left providers fast for this very reason

Thanked by 2jar darkimmortal
  • And it’s probably for the best, because if you stay at that point, you’ll always be worried avout stability and the most minor of incidents will stress you up

• loayloay Member
    edited December 2023

@CalmDown said:

Amazon WorkMail for 4$ per user per month with 50GB storage limit per user. Sorry not for reselling and out of OP budget.

Thanked by 1emgh
  • @loay said:

@CalmDown said:

Amazon WorkMail for 4$ per user per month with 50GB storage limit per user.

I was about to suggest it but since he mentions clients and reselling, not paying per inbox but rather storage would probably be preferable

Thanked by 1loay
  • @jar said:
    It's fine. I'm clearly being attacked by a supernatural entity, there's no hiding it.

You have a gremlin!

https://villains.fandom.com/wiki/Gremlins_(folklore)

Thanked by 2jar bikegremlin
  • I can recommend Migadu

Only issue is sending limits

With @jar, each account if I remember correctly gets 300 emails / hour, or something like that (could be way off, correct me if so)

With Migadu, standard package at $29 a month gets 500 out/day (total, across everything, I think)

You get a more polished UI but if the above limits aren’t enough, you’re looking at $99/mo

That’s the reason mxroute is so popular here, unlimited domain & account email services are rare

Thanked by 1sillycat
  • @shileno said:

In that case, I would consider a different MXroute server.
    Not joking, not being sarcastic.

Also, note that any service in the world won't protect you from problems and downtimes.
    The only thing that might help is being able to quickly and easily switch services as needed.

P.S.
    If you are (OK with) reselling, consider ditching the "white label."
    For me, what works is being straightforward about what I'm using and reselling (and why, and what my "added value" is, i.e. why the clients don't just go directly).

I can only imagine how bad the Lucy server situation looks if you are white label reselling it. Must be painful. :(

Relja

• emghemgh Member
    edited December 2023

@bikegremlin yup

As someone who offered hosting when I was 12, Minecraft Hosting, I feel like the stages of maturing offering hosting services goes line this:

First, you’re just trying to do something. I offered Minecraft hosting using a single server, all on a single dynamic IP with no-ip.

Second, you try to mask that you’re just a small fish in the sea with whitelabeling, paying for WHMCS branding removal, making sure that all your panels share the same colors and logo etc.

Lastly, you realise that the world is just a big scam and that we probably live in a badly written simulation and the value that you offer is experience and peace of mind. I recently told my client that I’m using OVH, because he asked. He won’t leave, because OVH won’t fix it when his stuff breaks.

• Does MXRoute have a community forum?

@josephf said:
    Does MXRoute have a community forum?

chat.mxroute.com is where we hang out now

Thanked by 2JosephF sillycat
  • @jar said:

@josephf said:
    Does MXRoute have a community forum?

chat.mxroute.com is where we hang out now

Discord.... Ewww

Thanked by 1sillycat
  • MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran

@jar said:

@emgh said:

Time to get some priests DC access.

Thanked by 2jar bikegremlin
  • @MannDude said:

@jar said:

@emgh said:

Time to get some priests DC access.

And exorcists

• purelymail.com ?

• I mainly use MXroute. But if you really want an alternative, I recommend Purelymail. They cost $10/year.

• How does PurelyMail and Migadu compare to MXRoute, overall?

Thanked by 1Wise

@josephf said:
    How does PurelyMail and Migadu compare to MXRoute, overall?

Different pricing schemes but simpler UX is what I gather.

Thanked by 1JosephF
  • @jar said:

@josephf said:

MXRoute has the simpler UX (or vice versa)?

• @josephf said:

@jar said:

@josephf said:

MXRoute has the simpler UX (or vice versa)?

They do

Jar’s is meh, tuning DA for email

He knows it

Thanked by 2jar JosephF
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

We've featured MangoMail a couple times on LEB.

I have not personally used them.

The pricing is unlimited addresses/domains, but limits on how many emails sent/received per day, so not for everyone.