Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Alternative to Mxroute - Ideally with white-label capability. - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Alternative to Mxroute - Ideally with white-label capability.

13»

Comments

• svjxsvjx Member
    edited December 2023

I can't think of any other provider that bills based on the number of incoming emails. Do you know of any others? (I'm not referring to billing based on storage quotas.)

We don't bill based on incoming messages. We charge for data usage. The limits are part of the plans to make sure a small plan doesn't consume 99% of server resources. There are absolutely no overages though. No surprise charges. You exceed the limits, you get a warning. You abuse the limits, you get limited. A pattern of abuse... we need to have a little chat.

• @josephf said:
    what happens at that point? An extra billing charge or a technical response?

No overages or surprise charges. You will get a warning and then get rate limited if it becomes excessive. We don't list that number publicly as it would only be conducive to limit abuse. But I can say it's enough to where you would know you're over the line.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Honestly this part of my forbidden use case policy fixed all situations where users received too much inbound where it was caused by their actions:

"Deceptive use against third party services like signing up for hundreds or thousands of accounts for a website using a catchall and randomly generated email aliases."

• @svjx It has the option of sub-accounts or domain administrator. Thinking about reselling the service to a client.

• mangomail - No Violence*

• RazzaRazza Member
    edited December 2023

Depending on the total number for inboxes for the all the sub accounts of your reseller account it might be hard to find a cost effective option, it might not depending how much you are charging your clients.

MXroute reseller pricing is kind of unique compared to most other email hosting reselling services, where there isn't any limits on number sub-accounts and number of address per sub account the only limiting factor is disk space.

Every other company/service I know that offers wholesale/reselling mail hosting is priced per inbox saying that even non reselling targeted services it common to see per inbox pricing.

• @shileno said:
    @svjx It has the option of sub-accounts or domain administrator. Thinking about reselling the service to a client.

We don't currently have "account managers". The dashboard is built for a master admin to handle all their emailing needs across all their domains and addresses in a simple, clean, and unified experience. However, account managers shouldn't be too difficult to implement and may very well be something we add in the future.

• daviderdavider Member
    edited December 2023

In my knowledge, Cloudcone provides mail service(starting at $2.99 a month).

Link: https://cloudcone.com/email