Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

You've never seen one this big before - Page 63
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

You've never seen one this big before

Comments

• @crunchbits said:

@nullnothere said:
    @crunchbits - plot twist suggestion. As you write the auction, you/your team comes up with a number that you think is the price you want. Don't let us in on the price. Let folks bid and the nearest bid to your magic number wins. Since it's timed, it'll "settle" very quickly with people trying to put their values in and hopefully it can be a little different kind of fun.

You can probably drop a few clues along the way to help people guess towards your number (subject to time availability).

This way things don't go out of hand and we don't get crazy bids and it allows a little bit of the wildcardery in the spirit of things.

Good feedback. I'll have to think. I don't want us involved in setting the price necessarily because that's what we already do. More than likely I'd use something random to generate a price within a range and then honor that for the outlines you speak of.

You're welcome to borrow my totally unbiased-and-random number generator. ;)

• This bidding is too out there for me right now... so

Thanked by 1crunchbits
  • @crunchbits said: random to generate a price within a range

That'll work.

My main concern was that we're really going into dedi territory via these bidding wars and I don't think it's fair value - the idea is that everyone should feel good. That's also why we're not really looking for too many unsustainable deals from a provider (no one wants a deadpool). A few really tempting below-cost offers lifts tide so to speak.

• crunchbitscrunchbits Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

AUCTION #103 - LAST SSD STORAGE

This is a custom VPS offering based upon comments, feedback, and potentially A/B testing a new offering that I haven't seen too often. This will NOT BE DEPLOYED to end you until 11/30.

TBD-POPULUSQUE

• 2 vCPU
    • 4GB RAM
    • 1TB DEDICATED PURE SSD
    • 10Gbps port
    • 10TB Bandwidth
    • 1 IPv4 + Routed IPv6 /64

IMPORTANT! IMPORTANTE! 重要的!

THIS IS A MONTHLY RECURRING PRICE, NOT YEARLY!
    THIS IS A COMPLETELY DEDICATED PRIVATE SSD. YOU DO NOT SHARE IT WITH ANYONE!

TOP BID WINS

BIDDING ENDS AT 2048 PST 11/26/2023 (3 MINUTES ONLY!)

OPENING OFFER: $1/MONTH

YOU CAN ONLY WIN ONCE, NOT ACCEPTING NEW BIDS FROM @andrewnyr @jiuqimax @ChrisMiller

Thanked by 1user123
  • @nullnothere said:

@crunchbits said: random to generate a price within a range

That'll work.

My main concern was that we're really going into dedi territory via these bidding wars and I don't think it's fair value - the idea is that everyone should feel good. That's also why we're not really looking for too many unsustainable deals from a provider (no one wants a deadpool). A few really tempting below-cost offers lifts tide so to speak.

I think what @nullnothere is saying is: you need to show a little sumthin'-sumthin' if you you want panties flung on stage.

Thanked by 1nullnothere

@nullnothere said:

@crunchbits said: random to generate a price within a range

That'll work.

It's like storage wars. The TV show made it popular so all these uppity rich men from the city came in and started to bid our stuff up.

Thanked by 2user123 nullnothere
  • $1.69

Thanked by 1crunchbits
  • $1.29

• $11.11

Thanked by 1crunchbits
  • 2.4$

• Dammit, Crab! goes to find a stove and pot

Thanked by 1Crab

Thanked by 1crunchbits
  • $12.12

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

$1

Thanked by 1user123
  • @crunchbits also, why do all of these servers want to end me and how are their SSDs still so pure if they're harbouring such dark intentions?

• $14.25

Thanked by 1crunchbits

@user123 said:
    @crunchbits also, why do all of these servers want to end me and how are their SSDs still so pure if they're harbouring such dark intentions?

Mistakes must remain on display for maximum shame and punishment. I'm still paying for CUMGAG and that was a year ago.

Thanked by 1user123
  • 15.51 :∆)

Thanked by 1crunchbits
  • @crunchbits said:

@user123 said:
    @crunchbits also, why do all of these servers want to end me and how are their SSDs still so pure if they're harbouring such dark intentions?

Mistakes must remain on display for maximum shame and punishment. I'm still paying for CUMGAG and that was a year ago.

Don't feel bad. I think most people who want that have to pay for it.

• $1.3

• What happens on page 69 - free water bottles???

• So uh, did I win? And what did I win? I actually don't even know.

Thanked by 1crunchbits
  • @BruhGamer12 said:
    What happens on page 69 - free water bottles???

It's not water and you drink it from the tap

• @Setsura said:
    So uh, did I win? And what did I win? I actually don't even know.

Whoever came after my mom that @crunchbits is selling.

• @Setsura said: So uh, did I win? And what did I win? I actually don't even know.

Your bid was after the deadline.

edited November 2023

Correction -- Missed @Crab

@Crab gets it.

INTERMISSION

Going to switch gears a little. We're going to upgrade those last 4 packages to beefier VDSes and send them on their way and do a little last minute redirect.

We need to get back down into @user123 budget territory, so maybe a @nullnothere type of contest.

This discussion has been closed.